PI against Woolen was BS

LTH

Reaction score
almost every key play was a Seattle penalty.Surprised DK didn't get one at the end
I am completely surprised they didn't call Metcalf with offensive holding on the winning TD pass play to JSN.

LTH

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
so was DK!

You can see he looked over at the ref, couldn't you?

I actually thought that one was kinda funny. Well, funnier on the no call ;)
DK wasn’t the only thing me who looked at the ref. Every single Seahawks fan watching this game did the same thing. Held my breath for a second based off of DK and also some of the shitty calls in this game.

Ruminator

Reaction score
No wonder Pete looked so puzzled for much of the game. You try to know the rules, play hard within the boundaries of the rules, and..... suddenly the refs think you're totally desecrating the rulebook. I guess that's life these days.

cymatica

Reaction score
I am completely surprised they didn't call Metcalf with offensive holding on the winning TD pass play to JSN.

LTH
I wasn't. In real time it looked 100% clean. Guarantee not 1 person would even think about it if not for Daryl Johnston replaying it and talking about how it was just barely the perfect block.

It seems like every close game with Seattle involves some sort of play at the end that could have resulted in a ticky tack penalty, even when Seattle gets hosed throughout the game, that gets magnified 100x.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Imagine everyone flipping out here. DK would have been more hated then Geno
I'm just glad it wasn't - and that we beat the refs. They gave it a good ******* try though!

I honestly think that was top 5 bullshit-ly called games I've ever seen for us. They were just shooting us in the back of the head any time we got a glimmer of momentum.

XL? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm..... no. But in the same ******* ballpark (to use a Pulp fiction reference). I could use a foot massage right now! ;)

cymatica

Reaction score
I'm just glad it wasn't - and that we beat the refs. They gave it a good ******* try though!

I honestly think that was top 5 bullshit-ly called games I've ever seen for us. They were just shooting us in the back of the head any time we got a glimmer of momentum.

XL? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm..... no. But in the same ******* ballpark (to use a Pulp fiction reference). I could use a foot massage right now! ;)
What's nice is the team looks good enough to overcome not only their own mistakes, but also some one sided officiating against a good team.

rcaido

Reaction score
We got lucky because of wreckless young QB. Those refs were out to make us lose. I'm not sure we win the game if he doesn't throw the int.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
What's nice is the team looks good enough to overcome not only their own mistakes, but also some one sided officiating against a good team.
Well - all the teeth gnashing aside - including my own about the playcalling -

We squeeked out a win against a bunch of complete Asshole refs. If the reports of them lining up over the line continually and Pete having to correct them, and then having to go ballistic at the 1/2 are true - and I wasn't watching the line close enough to say if it was systemic, and when you factor all the going-for the jugular calls that were made against us -

AND the missed stuff like the hold on Clark.

Then, we, in fact DID beat the refs. Just took a last minute pick and the DK non-call. I bet they were GONNA call it and changed their minds for some reason.

They had our number yesterday. For some reason they wanted the Browns to win (god knows why). Bad. And like Chappelle said: "WHOEVER 'they' might be". ;)

We weren't really fighting the browns yesterday - and we weren't fighting Garrett.

IMO - as it gets further in the rearview - just happy that we got the W against the refs - that's rare for us - usually we're in the corner curled up in a ball screaming 'why?! - why?!'. And I'm not butthurt about it. Just sayin.

To your point: They didn't give up. Big points for that.

renofox

Reaction score
The reason it was so egregious is that all those not-fouls were called on 3rd and 4th downs. The flags came out after the conversions failed and, whaddya know, 1st down and Browns keep the ball!

I was also pissed about the no-call for intentional grounding without a receiver in the same zip code, and from the brief shitty replay on the roughing call it sure looked shoulder to shoulder to me. Hard to tell since they just didn't seem to have the ability to show clear replays on most of the "penalties".

Polk738

Reaction score
The line was Seahawks -3.5 they won by 4....nuff said

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I call those penalties "Illegal Seahawking"
Happens way too often when the Hawks are about to pull away in games. Just sayin

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If that was PI, then a go route earlier in the game to DK should have been PI to cause the DB clearly impeded him from running his route. I can't recall if that drive ended in a TD anyway or if that was the FG

ivotuk

Reaction score
If that was PI, then a go route earlier in the game to DK should have been PI to cause the DB clearly impeded him from ru
The reason it was so egregious is that all those not-fouls were called on 3rd and 4th downs. The flags came out after the conversions failed and, whaddya know, 1st down and Browns keep the ball!

I was thinking this too. 1. Pass incomplete 2. Ref throws flag 3. Ref invents a penalty 4. Browns 1st down!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Not only impossible to miss, but it's also the job of two different refs to watch the line. Both completely ignored it.
THAT is what really pisses me off. Those refs made a conscious decision to NOT call the penalty. NOBODY can be so ******* incompetent or blind that they didn't see those fouls.