Pick #111, Tedric Thompson, DB, Colorado

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3cs8d5o6 said:
Probably the worst pick so far by a mile. I don't see any upside at all.

Will be lucky to even make the team, has to do well on ST, but he is a terrible athlete.
You couldn't be more wrong.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Really like this pick. He's a very good and instinctual safety

DJrmb

Reaction score
Not quite the athlete as some safeties in this draft but I loved his instincts and awareness, he's Always around the ball!

randomation

Reaction score
Asiata Butt Perine and King were all still up not a fan of this with his concussion issues.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I didn't search a ton, but a quick search gave a lot of info about his concussion in 2014 that resulted in him going to the hospital and missing 4 games. I didn't see anything about 4 concussions. Anybody have a link?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Big hits and big plays. we now drafted the 3rd DB from Michigan and Colorado. We spent all our time looking at the other guys.
[youtube]VnDz9jW_qWk[/youtube]

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Looks like we're keenly aware of the lack of turnovers, we're getting db's with excellent ball and tackling skills, and we're ramping up dline pressure.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":11dihzlz said:
Probably the worst pick so far by a mile. I don't see any upside at all.

Will be lucky to even make the team, has to do well on ST, but he is a terrible athlete.

7 picks last season. He is a ball hawk.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He ran 4.60 40yd dash which to me seems slow for an FS. I hope he can overcome his lack of speed in the NFL. Terrell is reported to run in 4.3s for 40 and he repeatedly got beat. Picking Tedric with Eddie Jackson still on the board was shocking to me.

kf3339

Reaction score
There is a reason our O-Line has been so poor the last few years, and this pick just reinforces that point. JS and PC are just proving all those doubters right by continuing to neglect that side of the line. This was the perfect spot to take Asiata or or Johnson. They could have sold the move down with the 49'ers to get this pick and take a guard. You could then have went up to the podium in front of reporters, and stated they got their primary guy and a quality guard with the extra pick.

Now all they can say is they got a DB with potential concussion issues who may not even make or play this season.

And some wonder why there are those who question their logic?

Ruminator

Reaction score
hawknation2017":bwke8088 said:
(youtube highlight vid)

That, I must say, is about as impressive a highlight reel on a player as any I've seen. Hoping in a huge way he'll be able to successfully transition his drool-inducing ball-hawk instincts to the professional level.

Jville

Reaction score
SNDavidson":kz1a606d said:
Looks like we're keenly aware of the lack of turnovers, we're getting db's with excellent ball and tackling skills, and we're ramping up dline pressure.

:2thumbs: A key stated off season goal of Coach Carroll was to find guys that can take the ball away. The 2016 caustic ratio was a problem. An improved caustic ratio should be among the key stories for 2017.

CPHawk

Reaction score
You know it's a good draft, when half the board is whining and crying about the picks.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
hawkfan68":21kw5ioh said:
He ran 4.60 40yd dash which to me seems slow for an FS. I hope he can overcome his lack of speed in the NFL. Terrell is reported to run in 4.3s for 40 and he repeatedly got beat. Picking Tedric with Eddie Jackson still on the board was shocking to me.

After seeing Terrell play (sic), what do those 40 times tell you?