Pick #16 - DT Byron Murphy

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Playing hypothetical, the teams I had seen us projected to trade with were the Eagles and Packers. If the Steelers were set on Fautanu where they took him, Hawks weren't getting him anyway with a trade down.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I've quickly looked at a bunch of scouting reports since the pick and not one makes any reference to a

Kiper? You mean the guy who gave the Hawks an F in 2012? It wasn't you who questioned his work ethic but someone did. And I quickly looked at multiple scouting reports with pros and cons, and no-one mentioned work ethic as a weakness.

His teammate Sweat has those concerns and I think a few posters got confused

JPatera76

Reaction score
I think .. for the most part none of us really knows how this kid will do unless we look at the Ravens defense last yr as see how he’ll be used. Because we look at own defense then we’d be stuck in a mindset of “how would/will Pete use him” since it’s been 14yrs

Chapow

Reaction score
Mr. Unlimited will thrive behind that amazing pass protector. Geno can only imagine what that feels like now

Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but Fautanu picked up a medical red flag not too long ago with a possible knee issue. We already have a very good young tackle with knee issues in Abe Lucas. They probably didn't want to take the risk of adding another one that might also have knee issues.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Don’t be sorry dude, you’re entitled to your opinion. Respect for that.👍
Did I miss the sarcasm?
I see him trollinnn but I ain't hatinnn but I'm patrolinnn too easy to catch em ridin dirty

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but Fautanu picked up a medical red flag not too long ago with a possible knee issue. We already have a very good young tackle with knee issues in Abe Lucas. They probably didn't want to take the risk of adding another one that might also have knee issues.
I did not know that! Good to know thank you.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Man just think during 2022, when I think the rotation was mostly between 3 UDFAs all over 25 (Harris, Ford, Mone), a 36 year old 4th rounder (Woods) and 29 year old 5th rounder (Jefferson).

Fast forward to 2024, for now, you got 2 first rounders (Williams, Murphy), a 2nd rounder (Reed), a 3rd Rounder (Jones), a 4th rounder (Young), and a 5th rounder (Morris).

With Murphy, Morris, and Young all under 24 years old.

Night and Day in both overall talent and future potential.

And that’s not mentioning a possible big time change in coaching influences:

2022: DL- Damione Lewis, DC- Hurtt, HC- Carroll

2024: DL- Justin Hinds, DC- Durde, HC- MacDonald

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wow, Prisco has gone downhill. I guess the stress of knowing you suck week in and week out and only keep your job because you have incriminating picks of your editor will age you quickly.

Latest posts