Pick #214, Kristjan Sokoli, DT, Buffalo

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Could very well be our Center of the future. Imagine Sweezy as a center...yes please!

kearly

Reaction score
Sweezy started almost immediately and was shockingly effective. Sweezy was obviously a special case, but I wouldn't rule out Sokoli making the 53 man just yet.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Let's start having everyone play two positions hell Russell had his chance at WR already who's up next!

MrThortan

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3sccrejw said:
Let's start having everyone play two positions hell Russell had his chance at WR already who's up next!

Jon Ryan as QB of course. :snack:

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
MrThortan":2hc50ui2 said:
theincrediblesok":2hc50ui2 said:

Jon Ryan as QB of course. :snack:

yeah that's a two for one, with Gary Gilliam going for a TE position

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":mom6t7zi said:
Sweezy started almost immediately and was shockingly effective. Sweezy was obviously a special case, but I wouldn't rule out Sokoli making the 53 man just yet.
I do have to wonder how he would make line calls. I am guessing Russ would.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1q1s11ty said:
kearly":1q1s11ty said:

I think you can safely pencil in Lewis as the starting center in 2015, barring injury. And unless I'm overlooking something, Russ is probably doing line calls no matter what. I doubt Sokoli outplays Lewis immediately especially at a position like Center. Lewis has a significant edge with experience as does LJP.

I just think Sokoli is a good bet to make the roster as a reserve like Schilling did last year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":30vgqrzm said:
Scottemojo":30vgqrzm said:
kearly":30vgqrzm said:

I think you can safely pencil in Lewis as the starting center in 2015, barring injury. And unless I'm overlooking something, Russ is probably doing line calls no matter what. I doubt Sokoli outplays Lewis immediately especially at a position like Center. Lewis has a significant edge with experience as does LJP.

I just think Sokoli is a good bet to make the roster as a reserve like Schilling did last year.

Most likely true. I have already predicted a redshirt year for him, so we are in agreement at least on him being protected.

Carpenter kept his job because he matched up with Justin Smith. I think Sokoli is getting his job because they want him to matchup with Aaron Donald.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sokoli has a future with the Hawks and hopefully our injuries at the position don't continue.

It would be real nice to keep him on the team and actually get him doing some work on the other O-Line spots as well.

I would NOT put him on the PS. Someone would snap him up. He has that spark, and the SPARQ !!!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
They may use the rotation technique like the did with Sweezy initially, a couple plays every few series or a series. Depends how fast he accelerates in practice, just hope they don't get predictable when they use him like only running downs etc.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3obpfqhk said:
He will red shirt. IR, not PS. Too many other teams raid our PS now for that.

I have to agree. I envision him developing a sprained toenail after that 4th Preseason game against Oakland that mysteriously necessitates him needing to go on season ending IR. Having never played Center or Offensive Line in college, he's going to need at least a full season of intensive TLC work just to even get to where he can compete IMO. With his athleticism and sheer strength though, if he can just get down the basics he might be ready to come in and compete for the starting Center job in 2016.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1gr9dj0d said:
Throwdown":1gr9dj0d said:
he looks like he smells like rotten fruit..

Maxresdefault

He looks like Doug Fluttie trying to hold in a fart

I gotta give a big shout out to Jerhawk for this comment, LOL :th2thumbs:

Melencause

Reaction score
Sokoli is nuts. Same Vert jump as shermanm, same 1.55 split as Bruce/RW at 300 lbs.

Follow Zach Whitman on this guy.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2vtlr0z3 said:
FortWorthSeahawk":2vtlr0z3 said:
Pete just said day one they're throwing him at center. Interesting.

Well, as a former nose tackle, he's got plenty of experience and knowledge on how centers block, and what nose tackles do to get by them. That could be a big plus.
Yeah, the same reason pitchers can be strangely effective hitters at times.

titan3131

Reaction score
This guys is our anti AARON DONALD.

If he pans out there will never be a interior oline men that we will have to double team, jsut throw SOKO on them 1v1 and its over

WE WIN RAMS!!!