Pick #226, David Moore, WR, ECOK

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nice quality 7th round addition. May have problems making the squad, but has good size, good hands, quality speed. He will need time to adjust to the quality of DBs he will face and will face very stiff competition from the 12 other WRs the team presently has on the roster. Lots of competition for jobs in this group.

Will be very interested in seeing what he looks like in preseason.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BMuellerNews9/status/859259523193872384[/tweet]

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Jville":1yl1vz43 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BMuellerNews9/status/859259523193872384[/tweet]

That was awesome!!! I'm really excited for that young man and his family ... and to see how things pan out for him. Thanks for sharing JVille!! :2thumbs:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2ebp6tv5 said:
People said the same thing when Kevin Norwood was drafted, but Kearse keeps outlasting people's expectations. Keeps making big time catches and solid blocks, while continually improving his game. Only 367k is saved by cutting Kearse this year.

Norwood couldn't play STs, and reason he couldn't stick.

If Kearse had no ST value, he likely would be in the same boat as the Norwoods, Harpers, and Durhams.

And Seahawks would save $2.2m in 2017 if Kearse is cut after 6/1.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":t6gqm6e7 said:
If Kearse had no ST value, he likely would be in the same boat as the Norwoods, Harpers, and Durhams.

Could the Norwoods, Harpers, and Durhams do this?

seaaa-0.gif

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3m6394t2 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3m6394t2 said:

Could the Norwoods, Harpers, and Durhams do this?

seaaa-0.gif

Either way, if the Seahawks felt Kearse wasnt replaceable they wouldn't have drafted two guys with similar builds and roles.

I like Kearse, I just feel his 2016 was incredibly underwhelming for a 5th year player getting paid to be more consistent or something.

Both Lane and Kearse seemed to lack the killer instinct, clutch factors they had before getting paid. Call it laziness or complacency, they just had bad years.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I think this is a smart pick. With the late picks, why not take some chances on guys that have intriguing physical characteristics?

getnasty

Reaction score
Wonder if there's any chance he's converted to a DB?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
hawknation2017":mxv4ornl said:
People said the same thing when Kevin Norwood was drafted, but Kearse keeps outlasting people's expectations. Keeps making big time catches and solid blocks, while continually improving his game. Only 367k is saved by cutting Kearse this year.

Kearse had no big time catches last season. He was ... not good.

He had better bounce back big time.

massari

Reaction score
nanomoz":y5b84bef said:
Malachi Dupre would be dope.

Was hoping for Ishmael Zamora myself, but they all appear to be pretty similar types.

Would be awesome if Moore, Darboh and McEvoy beat out Kearse and join Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson.

Finally some YT highlights.

[youtube]0mJLUD86oq4[/youtube]

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Why do they use some of the worst music in the world on these highlight packages?

The WR position battle is going to be a fun one to keep an eye on in training camp. If every one of them takes their individual tools and puts Dougie's work ethic behind them, we're about to catch lightning in a bottle.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3i7y8n45 said:
Greg makes a good point. It's time to move on from Butterfingers Kearse.
Give him at least through training camp to arrive at that conclusion. He just had a baby (his first, I believe), so perhaps that will stir something inside of him. He's still a damn good blocker (but he needs to be better at disguising his rubs and picks). But he has been a major part of this team's resurgence (and I realize that alone doesn't guarantee anything), so let him compete against these young guys and see how his energy level and hands are.