Pick #35 Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State

nash72

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":2rr3qr33 said:
I'm not happy at all. Biggest needs are OL and DB and we missed on King and Robinson. Wtf

Tell me about it.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Love the pick. Pete and John always focus on unique talents. Also, we have essentially no DT pass rushing talent.

Rat

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":p82tv1s1 said:
Rat":p82tv1s1 said:
WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! McDowell was my #1 guy going into this draft! I was chanting his name when the pick came up and they actually took him! They NEVER take the guy I want! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Tell me your ways. I want the Hawks to get Lamp. They NEED line help (everyone knows that). They never, EVER, take the guy I want.

Lol, it was probably a fluke. The last time they took the #1 guy I wanted when the pick came up was Ryan Plackemeier in 2006.

nash72

Reaction score
There goes Lamp. What a disaster this is turning out to be.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2ime4khr said:
Per the ESPN analysts: "McDowell was a vast underachiever at Michigan State". Well..... That's real encouraging :roll:
Mayock was more kind, and said he is a kind of player that works in Pete's system.
I'm a bit disappointed they didn't get King, Baker, or Robinson, but what the hell do I know.

Rat

Reaction score
No team has ever complained about having too many pass rushers. This is an awesome pick! Going to look like a steal!

emurri

Reaction score
I like the pick. He can get to the QB and he is an anchor, I mean he does not get moved easily. This team is not afraid of guys that are a little different and I think we have the guys to help this guy. And we win so he should stay motivated.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
We don't have any real talent or depth at DT other than Bennett and he's not getting any younger. They can take a CB or OL with there next pick. McDowell has a ton of potential i'd compare him to a Fletcher Cox type DT .

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3gc5g8fc said:
Thepeelsessions":3gc5g8fc said:
Per the ESPN analysts: "McDowell was a vast underachiever at Michigan State". Well..... That's real encouraging :roll:
Mayock was more kind, and said he is a kind of player that works in Pete's system.
I'm a bit disappointed they didn't get King, Baker, or Robinson, but what the hell do I know.

We know nothing about what they want in their picks. But that still doesn't change the undeniable fact that offensive line help should've been the highest priority. They probably could've gotten Lamp and still traded up for McDowell whole giving up little to do so.

Own The West

Reaction score
And with the 26th pick: Malik McDowell, Pick 95, 111, 226, and 249.

That's a pretty good pick!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":l7yy774l said:
We don't have any real talent or depth at DT other than Bennett and he's not getting any younger. They can take a CB or OL with there next pick. McDowell has a ton of potential i'd compare him to a Fletcher Cox type DT .

Dont forget about Jefferson.

nategreat

Reaction score
I'm confused, did we trade down a spot with the Jags? What did we get? Or just for fun?

bandiger

Reaction score
nategreat":z76obodc said:
I'm confused, did we trade down a spot with the Jags? What did we get? Or just for fun?

More picks to hopefully trade up.

Highlordb

Reaction score
very disappointed. We have much bigger needs in CB, OLine then DE...

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hmmph. Hard to see him having impact inside of a couple of years.

crosfam

Reaction score
A six.for dropping one pick. For what it's worth, my draft magazine had him as the #2 DT.

nash72

Reaction score
Somebody make a call to Scot McCloughan so he can fix this mess.

Latest posts