Pick #69, Tyler Lockett, WR/KR/Gunner, KSU

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Spin Doctor, if your talking about the draft specifically then yeah your right Golden has been the only one so far. So before this draft they had drafted 5 WR, and 2 TE and Golden was the best out of the bunch.

Durham's stats weren't good in college, but I guess they like it that he was tall 6'6 WR that ran a 4.46 they took him in the 4th round. He did ok in Detroit when he played with his college teammate, Stafford, but was cut later, now playing for the Titans.

Chris Harper was that one guy I was hoping would break out for us but after reading about him and what had happened during his stint with the Seahawks and 49ers it was clear he was a me me type of guy who blamed everyone else besides his own ability to perform. I think he realized that part of him and became more humble, now he's just a special team's player for the Packers.

Anthony Mccoy, injured most of his career, mostly as as another blocker, did do great when no one is focusing on him and Wilson lobs it up to him.

Luke Willson is used when there is a specific match they can exploit with his speed, other than that he's been ok, but he hasn't played alot of football in college, again mensurables the Seahawks like was his length and speed.

Kevin Norwood doesn't have crazy stats either in college, what they liked about him was that he works great with a scrambling QB and is clutch when it comes to the big play that needs to get made. He didn't get enough time to shine as they barely used him last season.

All those guys didn't have stellar stats in college, they weren't even production machines. What they were, we move the chains type of players in college. The Seahawks picked them due to certain skills set, heights, speed, etc. It seems like with each year they draft an offensive weapon to counter a certain weakness their team lacked.

Here's the interesting part. After getting those guys they starting looking for guys that have huge productions in their college and who was the single threat. Who was the guy they drafted that had these same aspect, Golden Tate. Both of these next guys were the only factor in their school, and that means schools would double team and game plan against that one individual player.

Richardson was the only productive WR at Colorado and was a burner, Pete had said they were always looking for speed to help set up the run which helps set up the deep pass. He said it in his town meeting before the beginning of last season. Richardson was looking great before his injury, I haven't ruled him out as being a failed WR prospect yet as he didn't get a ton of chance to play, especially with the Harvin fiasco. It was weird that we barely used him in the deep plays, i think he had maybe 2 attempts, but mostly used for the underneath stuff. We won't know how he responds when he comes back from the ACL recovery since that was his 2nd in his lifetime.

Tyler Lockett pretty much the center piece for Kansas State, teams double team and game-planned for this kid and he still finds a way to beat them. Highly productive. Returns kicks and punt. He will make an immediate impact.

It looks like we are going for guys that are highly productive in school while having one elite skills in one or another form, being Richardson with his speed and Tyler with his Returns. One of these guys have to panned out but even if one of them ends up being really good then I will be thrilled.

I'm not saying that everyone with a subpar college stats wouldn't be good in the NFL for example Randall Cobb who wasn't a production machine (in pass yardage) out of Kentucky but what he did have was versatility and those versatility produces TDs. Guess who else played with Randall in 2009 and 2010, Chris Matthews.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I would think Hawks fans would be all about competitive undersized WRers with an uncanny ability to get open...

LolaRox

Reaction score
I like the pick and glad they addressed the return game because it was not good last season.

He is very accomplished.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/594327547380248576[/tweet]

Donk70

Reaction score
Can we throw him back in the pond til he gets bigger? I'm tired of these Smurf WRs. We need a big body to take the double team off of Graham in the end zone.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Starting to really, really love this pick. I want guys that can consistently get open. Find soft spots in zones and beat man coverage consistently. Route running, route running, route running. Plus he's a pretty dang good athlete to top that off.

Check this out 0:53:
[youtube]9yVl6cPcgZE[/youtube]

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Donk70":1um6edzy said:
Can we throw him back in the pond til he gets bigger? I'm tired of these Smurf WRs. We need a big body to take the double team off of Graham in the end zone.
Ya what have these smurf WRs ever done for us? Man, I wish we had bigger WRs so we can know what its like to go to the playoffs and the SB...

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Basis4day":23fo1eh3 said:
I would think Hawks fans would be all about competitive undersized WRers with an uncanny ability to get open...

Hawk fans are bi polar like Washington's weather, where else could you get 4 seasons of weather in one day lol

Donk70

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":nnahj2dh said:
Donk70":nnahj2dh said:
Ya what have these smurf WRs ever done for us? Man, I wish we had bigger WRs so we can know what its like to go to the playoffs and the SB...
Oh, I don't know. Maybe a big body WR would be able to, you know, box out a DB better to keep the DB from, i dunno, picking off the freaking football in the closing seconds of the SB and securing the other team a half assed win.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3mshf3ap said:
Donk70":3mshf3ap said:

The Bears had the tallest WR tandem in 2013 and 2014 and they couldn't get to the playoffs with a 8-8 record and 5-11 record....

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Donk70":12taycws said:
Hawkfan77":12taycws said:
Donk70":12taycws said:
Oh, I don't know. Maybe a big body WR would be able to, you know, box out a DB better to keep the DB from, i dunno, picking off the freaking football in the closing seconds of the SB and securing the other team a half assed win.
Totally!! I wish we had a smart and savvy FO that realized that WRs under 7 ft tall are worthless! We don't want good WRs, we want tall WRs!

Donk70

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":aaahf9xe said:
Donk70":aaahf9xe said:
Hawkfan77":aaahf9xe said:
Donk70":aaahf9xe said:
Totally!! I wish we had a smart and savvy FO that realized that WRs under 7 ft tall are worthless! We don't want good WRs, we want tall WRs!
Nice strawman argument there. Don't worry, I'll be here to tell you so when Graham is double and triple teamed in short and goal while Beastmode can't get anywhere thanks to a patchwork Oline and we're kicking FGs.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Donk70":1xegj183 said:
Nice strawman argument there. Don't worry, I'll be here to tell you so when Graham is double and triple teamed in short and goal while Beastmode can't get anywhere thanks to a patchwork Oline and we're kicking FGs.
The basically same "patchwork" OL that lead to the #1 rushing attack last year? Ok, talk and talk away. But if teams are dumb enough to triple team Graham then the Hawks will be scoring TDs and not kicking very many FGs :th2thumbs:

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
If Graham gets doubled or tripled then Read option fake to a small shifty WR, or read option and Wilson takes it in, that's why having Graham doubled team will open it up for others. Plus if Graham is getting doubled team that's one less person Beast have to hurt while bulldozing to the redzone.

chris98251

Reaction score
In National Football League (NFL)

Average height and weight of NFL wide receivers?

After doing all the research, from what I can tell the average height and weight of an NFL wide receiver its apprmox. 6'2 and roughly 205lbs.

So where he isn't big he isn't to far off average.

Now these guys are what I would put into smurf category.

In National Football League (NFL)

Who is the smallest wide receiver in the NFL?

my top 3 shortest wide outs wes welker - 5'9 mike thomas 5'8 brandon banks 5'6 trindon holiday 5'4-5'5

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
After watching several games of TL, my excitement only continues to grow. He was the best player on the field at all times. Watch the tape vs OU, UT, and MICH. He was killing people. Would've had close to 400 against OU with a little better qb play. Special, special return man. While he would be very good in the slot, he is an outside guy. Can run every route and has uncanny ability to get on top of people. Has that Tate-esque ability as well to win contested matchups despite his height. Pretty solid after the catch in space, usually making the first guy miss. Day 1 he's either the best or second best wideout on the roster. Immediate impact on offense and special teams. I'm stoked, and I was very meh on the pick originally. If he was 6'2" he would have been up there with Cooper and White, maybe above.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":3rdx9qzm said:
After watching several games of TL, my excitement only continues to grow. He was the best player on the field at all times. Watch the tape vs OU, UT, and MICH. He was killing people. Would've had close to 400 against OU with a little better qb play. Special, special return man. While he would be very good in the slot, he is an outside guy. Can run every route and has uncanny ability to get on top of people. Has that Tate-esque ability as well to win contested matchups despite his height. Pretty solid after the catch in space, usually making the first guy miss. Day 1 he's either the best or second best wideout on the roster. Immediate impact on offense and special teams. I'm stoked, and I was very meh on the pick originally. If he was 6'2" he would have been up there with Cooper and White, maybe above.

Sounds like someone else who was downgraded because he was too short for a certain position and drafted in the 3rd round...if only that same guy was 6'2 he would of gone to two superbowls....oh wait

lukerguy

Reaction score
Donk70":27dmji2v said:
Hawkfan77":27dmji2v said:
Donk70":27dmji2v said:

Some of you guys are really ignorant. Lockette is 6'2 and his size didn't help him as he tried to body catch the ball for the INT in the SB. I GUARANTEE you that if that was Tate he would have competed through the contact for the catch or at the least break it up. Size doesn't mean anything unless they are excellent route runners. I personally think the BEST WR in the NFL is Antonio Brown (5'10)..better than Megatron. Brown can create 5 yards of separation with the blink of an eye.. We have Matthews and Graham who are great size targets, we don't need another tall WR who can't separate, we need another WR who can break the game with separation.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
lukerguy":3ggp7zb9 said:
Donk70":3ggp7zb9 said:
Hawkfan77":3ggp7zb9 said:
Donk70":3ggp7zb9 said:

Some of you guys are really ignorant. Lockette is 6'2 and his size didn't help him as he tried to body catch the ball for the INT in the SB. I GUARANTEE you that if that was Tate he would have competed through the contact for the catch or at the least break it up. Size doesn't mean anything unless they are excellent route runners. I personally think the BEST WR in the NFL is Antonio Brown (5'10)..better than Megatron. Brown can create 5 yards of separation with the blink of an eye.. We have Matthews and Graham who are great size targets, we don't need another tall WR who can't separate, we need another WR who can break the game with separation.

THat's why we took Richardson and now Tyler Lockett

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, I wanted Lockett pretty badly due to his return ability. Think about it: we just upgrade Walters roster spot with the top return man in college football, a ST gunner, and a very very productive WR as well. This guy has produced more than most of our WRs ever did in college, certainly more than Kearse, Norwood, Baldwin, and Matthews.

I would've liked to get Lockett and a few more picks ,but many mocks didn't even have Lockett reaching us in the 2nd round. And how many 4th and 5th round picks do we really think are going to make the team ? Remember we have Hill, Marsh, McCoy, and Simon all coming back from injury.

Latest posts