Pick #88 R 3 Cody Barton LB Utah

Rainger

Reaction score
Another Utah player looks fast

From CBS Grades
He is an active player who can run and cover. Some of the scouts I talked to thought he could go in Round 2.

Height 6' 2"

Weight 237 lbs

Arms 31 7/8”

Hands 9 1/4”

40 Yard Dash 4.64

Bench Press 30

Vertical Jump 32.5

Broad Jump 116.0

3 Cone Drill 6.9

20 Yd Shuttle 4.03

60 Yd Shuttle 11.47

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cody-bart ... 3315a94333

Uncle Si

Reaction score
getnasty":2bmh0qm2 said:
Thats funny i thought he looked stiff and slow

FWIW, according to ESPN

Barton is an average-sized linebacker with below-average length and very good top-end speed. He's a developing hand-fighter with excellent upper-body strength and can get off blocks. He's a rangy run defender with good closing speed and a good motor. He lines up over the slot at times and matches up well with tight ends. He shows good awareness and range in zone.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Comps are Blake Martinez of the Packers. A true SAM. He definitely isnt a need but insurance for Kendricks who is only on a one year deal anyways. Makes me wonder how they feel about Griffin and Calitro.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Barton is fast and agile. Sub 7 3-cone, legit 4.6 speed. A downhill player who can hit hard. All the tools are there. Knock on him is he's not very long, but otherwise a guy who tries hard and is generally tough.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Will LB who adds depth this year and could take over KJ's spot if the knee acts up again. Good size and speed to cover opposing TEs.

minormillikin

Reaction score
My least favorite part of the draft is everyone pretending they know anything about any of these players, then getting super adamant declaring picks great or terrible.

getnasty

Reaction score
I just have a hard time beleiving this was their best player available. I would have rather taken best place kicker available.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
getnasty":1me4glmr said:
I just have a hard time beleiving this was their best player available. I would have rather taken best place kicker available.

Forgot the :sarcasm_off: there

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I'm just glad we traded up to get this guy. Whew that was a close call ! NFL.com rates him as a possible back up line backer and special team player!
Anyway I'm sure they love him and hopefully he is great.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Natethegreat":23c1vob5 said:
I'm just glad we traded up to get this guy. Whew that was a close call ! NFL.com rates him as a possible back up line backer and special team player!

thats what matters.

They wanted him. they thought they needed to trade up to get him. They had the assets to do so.

getnasty

Reaction score
Natethegreat":lo2llulx said:

Yeah as much i don't like the pick trading up is even worse. They must love the dude so i do what i can to get on board.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
May not be a bad pick considering the LB depth the past few years has been, in a word, atrocious.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with this pick but am scratching my head why they felt like they needed to trade up to get him. Good chance he would have been there with their original pick. *shrug*

Latest posts