Pick #90 Shaquill Griffin, DB, UCF

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":27bhymdj said:
MontanaHawk05":27bhymdj said:
Good competition for Lane.

He is a near identical athletic comp to Lane, which is interesting.

Shaq seems more like an outside guy though, where as Lane was played in the slot a lot.

With Shead rehabbing a knee, it will be a competition between Lane, Griffin, and Elliott to start at right corner.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2vzzf1j9 said:
Coug_Hawk08":2vzzf1j9 said:
MontanaHawk05":2vzzf1j9 said:
Good competition for Lane.

He is a near identical athletic comp to Lane, which is interesting.

Shaq seems more like an outside guy though, where as Lane was played in the slot a lot.

With Shead rehabbing a knee, it will be a competition between Lane, Griffin, and Elliott to start at right corner.

I think Lane's experience will win out for now but I like what I see from this kid. Great instincts, vision and he's a baller. He should be in there for the nickel with Lane probably moving to the slot.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hopefully Lane improves his play as he was terrible last year. This pick shocked me as Tankersley was still on the board and was projected to be a top 2nd rounder. Don't know too much of Griffin but hope he pans out. The Seahawks need a solid guy opposite Sherman.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawkfan68":35ns6wdx said:
Hopefully Lane improves his play as he was terrible last year. This pick shocked me as Tankersley was still on the board and was projected to be a top 2nd rounder. Don't know too much of Griffin but hope he pans out. The Seahawks need a solid guy opposite Sherman.

I was surprised they didn't grab Tankersley as well. However, the more and more I see of this guy, it seems to be a very good, reassuring pick.

raisethe3

Reaction score
^^I really wanted Tankersley too. But I think we all need to give this guy a chance. His highlight reel looks solid to me. So I guess we'll see how it pans out.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I like the story around this player and his resolute toughness. He has impressive speed, & long arms. He was a player I thought the team might try to grab in the 3rd round. I liked this pick.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He's wasn't talked about much going in but he has great combine numbers . He has a chance to be a good solid corner he's has good size and speed all the physical tools and for me that's where it starts. Seattle stayed away from any undersized players this draft and imo that's always a good thing.

mrt144

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2jioytys said:
Y'all just wanted Tankersley because of Key & Peele, ADMIT IT!!!!

JuJu Schuster-Smith was high on my 'name only' draft board along with Jake Butt.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is probably my favorite pick of the draft.

Incredibly athletic and tough, plus tackler and hits with authority. Only played at UCF because of his brother. Kid could've gone most anywhere.

Wait until we get a hold of this kid and coach him up.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Foghawk":3bezfln2 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShaquillG/status/858420237443661826[/tweet]

I love this.

I think this kid is my favorite draft pick, and will be my rookie to root for this season. I have a feeling he's going to step up and become the next great member of the LOB.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hawks46":109lcnsu said:

Incredibly athletic and tough, plus tackler and hits with authority. Only played at UCF because of his brother. Kid could've gone most anywhere.

He was only a 3 Star recruit and had few Power 5 Conference offers (none being upper echelon schools).

titan3131

Reaction score
Steve2222":3i7fc7dk said:
Hawks46":3i7fc7dk said:

He was only a 3 Star recruit and had few Power 5 Conference offers (none being upper echelon schools).

Miami isn't upper echelon?

Steve2222

Reaction score
Currently? I'd say Miami is not.

For argument sake, let's say they are. Having one big school offer is a far cry from "could have basically went anywhere he wanted." None of this matters anyways. Plenty of quality (I'd actually comfortably say majority) starters in the NFL were not highly touted prep prospects. I was just pointing out the fallacy of the post I quoted. Three star recruits are not blue chippers, who are players that could go anywhere they wanted.

I also just looked it up. Shaq did not receive a scholarship offer from Miami.....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Do people just look for reasons to not like a pick and/or talk it down? Seems to be the norm for many these days.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":158atr25 said:
Do people just look for reasons to not like a pick and/or talk it down? Seems to be the norm for many these days.

Shit, some don't even bother to look for reasons.

godawg

Reaction score
I'm a Husky fan and loved their cornerbacks for their ball-hawking skills, but if there is a knock against them it is their play in run-support. Right now, in Richard Sherman, we have one of the best defensive secondary tacklers in the league. In years past we had been burnt by ineffective tackling, and I think that is one of Pete's pet peeves. Griffin is a plus tackler, with great ball skills. If you ask me, we got the cornerback we were targeting.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm surprised people just don't come out and say "They didn't pick the guy I WANTED, this pick sucks." :mrgreen: