Pick #90 Shaquill Griffin, DB, UCF

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2tea4q8s said:
I'm surprised people just don't come out and say "They didn't pick the guy I WANTED, this pick sucks." :mrgreen:

Nash72 has you covered

Steve2222

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":24w1lfta said:
Do people just look for reasons to not like a pick and/or talk it down? Seems to be the norm for many these days.

If you're referring to me all I was pointing out was someone in the thread made a false statement. I don't mind the pick at all. I'm quite pleased with the Seahawks draft in general.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not referring to anyone in general. Just the overall reaction to the draft is hilarious. Every year, people all the sudden become experts. Let alone getting all worked up because the team didn't pick the popular player etc.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I just wanted a CB anywhere in this draft and Griffin fits the mold that the Hawks have for their DBs. As a result, I am excited to see him o the field. Also, don't think we have ever had a DB, aside from Earl, that was as fast as Griffin is at 4.38 speed.

chris98251

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1hum4d0j said:
I just wanted a CB anywhere in this draft and Griffin fits the mold that the Hawks have for their DBs. As a result, I am excited to see him o the field. Also, don't think we have ever had a DB, aside from Earl, that was as fast as Griffin is at 4.38 speed.

Shawn Springs was very close to that.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
chris98251":yqw6qr57 said:
Blitzer88":yqw6qr57 said:

Should clarify, haven't had that type of DB with that speed since Pete and John teamed up.

chris98251

Reaction score
Blitzer88":33unnegc said:
chris98251":33unnegc said:
Blitzer88":33unnegc said:

Should clarify, haven't had that type of DB with that speed since Pete and John teamed up.

See how you are that's like asking God for a nice girl with a great personality that's smart and has a great natural figure, can cook clean and is a going to be a great Mom.

Once your wish is granted you add, oh and puts out on a first date.........................

xgeoff

Reaction score
I like this pick. CB was an area of need and this kid seems to have great size, athleticism, etc. I can get behind all that!

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm living in Florida right now, and everyone down here is congratulating us on a great pick. They all love this guy.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/shaquillg/status/860263033251278849[/tweet]

Something about this guy screams "greatness." Very excited to watch him in the preseason.

And I was already very excited to watch Deandre Elliott.

:snack:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This player is really growing on me. Love his ball hawkish nature. That's something we haven't really had at CB2 since Maxwell departed.

Hope he develops in the system as it's admittedly a hard one to master.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think he is playing for himself and his brother, kids going to be hungry.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
My comp for him is Patrick Peterson. While he doesn't have Peterson's overall size, SG is 194 to PP' s 219 coming out.

I see similar use of elite athleticism, track backgrounds on thier games.

Griffin like a young Peterson is going to give up plays because the instincts aren't there yet, but the athleticism will help him be a play-maker.

And I like Griffin in this system, with our coaches, expectations, if he can develop his instincts and techniques in the Seahawks way, he'll have the tools to be a top-tier corner someday.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
His brother was a hell of a player too, even with one hand. His brother was named AAC Defensive Player of the Year with 92 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, seven passes defended, two two forced fumbles and recoveries, and he led the conference with 11.5 sacks.

His brother even had a "no handed" INT with his good hand in a cast.
[vine]5peFK21DrjH[/vine]