Pittsburgh

olyfan63

Reaction score
I hope Pissburgh has a terrible season. Unlikely, as Tomlin seems determined to keep his slightly better than Jeff Fisher streak alive. But, man would it be wonderful to see them go 7-10 after all the slobbering by the media since these 2 horrible QB pickups.
I think Tomlin, and Arthur Smith, understand they will be running the "Russell Wilson" offense. They'll keep the "Payton" mod for that offense. Tomlin has already agreed to be Russell's designated sideline scolder (for common pigmentation optics). If Russell gets injured, Justin Fields can run that offense about as well with Russell's mentoring.

Seriously, I think the Stealers will be 2-3 games better than last year, if Russell comes anywhere close to the 26TD/8 INT ratio of last year.

Last edited:

LastRideOut

Reaction score
9-10 wins, max. And even that is going to be frustrating because of the same ol, same ol'. Holding the ball too long. Running into sacks. Taking sacks 20+ yards into the backfield.

I don't think they will keep Payton's playbook. I think they're all in on Russball. Expect the middle of the field to disapear, and expect 2-3 moonballs a game. Also, expect lots of 3-n-outs in between the bookends of the game.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Wilson put on a show for his interview with the Steeler, a not so subtle message of taking commercial to Pittsburg. He made sure that his 'sacrifice' would be known by taking pics at the airport and published by his media people. Wilson has a private jet, and he decided not to use it to send a message.

Well done.
Bonus that he'd have way more witnesses to his mid-flight workout?

Last edited:

olyfan63

Reaction score
9-10 wins, max. And even that is going to be frustrating because of the same ol, same ol'. Holding the ball too long. Running into sacks. Taking sacks 20+ yards into the backfield.

I don't think they will keep Payton's playbook. I think they're all in on Russball. Expect the middle of the field to disapear, and expect 2-3 moonballs a game. Also, expect lots of 3-n-outs in between the bookends of the game.
Y'know, that's what I agree most people would, and *should* expect. I think Mr. Limited has adjusted his attitude and been humbled a bit by circumstances. By "Payton Mod", I mean throwing a ton of completions behind the line of scrimmage. In the NFL, 26 TDs and 8 INTs is pretty darn good, especially missing 2 games. Could have been 30+TDs and under 10 INTs if he hadn't been benched over financial reasons. Compared to Kenny Pickett's 6 TDs and 4 INTs. He will have George Pickens as a jump ball target.

So I expect Russell to really buckle down and focus this year and play the best version of HIS game. In Russell's mind, if he takes the Stealers on a deep playoff run, that burnishes his HOF credentials, which is what I think "The Brand" cares most about now, even to the point of adopting Team-Oriented ball over Hero Ball.

Actual mileage may vary. Drama and uncertainty over which Russell we will see is part of what keeps it worth watching.
I say Russell goes 20+ TDs, 2+:1 TD/INT ratio, and Stealers win 10+ games. If I'm right, takers of that prop will display a Russell/Steelers avatar of my choice for a week. If I'm wrong, I'll display a Russell/Broncos "fail" avatar (or other Russell-related humilation) of winner's choice for a week. Any takers?

chris98251

Reaction score
This is a make or break year for him, if he crashes he won't get another sniff at starting anywhere I would think, he will have a Running game, support players and a defense. They have Fields in the wings as well so even stubbing his toe will be under a microscope, he will have to play a lot closer to his vest in his manipulation tactics.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
It's entirely possible the Steelers are better than last year with RW and still finish worse. Their division is crazy.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
You made Tomlin the general manager?
Yeah, I also told Rodge he has till the end of next season to get his shit together or he's canned too. There seems to be no limits to my abuse of power; keep it up and you'll be canned too, buckaroo.