Player claims Seahawk DE spit in his face

OP
OP
LeftHandSmoke

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
If true a douche move. Hopefully the vets will teach him up about such things (if true).

StoneCold

Reaction score
If this quote is correct -

" Center Joe Hawley claims he was repeatedly hitting him late and that one Seahawks defensive lineman spit right in his face at one point during the game."

Hawley may have deserved it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bob and Groz played the audio clip about 30 minutes ago, and the Panther's media person said Hawley thinks it was Reed, but wasn't sure.

That is totally bush league if true, but how do you NOT know who hawked a loogie on you?

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
Not condoning spitting, but Hawley is no angel. Remember when he was featured during Hard Knocks' season nine (Falcons) for being a hot head? Doubt he's changed much.

Center Joe Hawley is being called Joe "Brawley" after getting into a fight in three consecutive weeks, starting with the rookie Smith, then the rookie Hageman, and then during a joint practice with the Titans during which he was ejected. So, it's easy understand why Hawley uses pottery as a calming mechanism.

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcon ... rongs-show

OP
OP
LeftHandSmoke

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/kfTHE9 ... x0:517x260):no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7576977/alimarpet.gif
alimarpet.gif

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2l37rfyl said:
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/kfTHE94-DXI_jGBdU-hiYvZTqQg=/0x0:517x260/1320x0/filters:focal(0x0:517x260):no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7576977/alimarpet.gif
alimarpet.gif

If the loogie did not spit, you must acquit.

OP
OP
LeftHandSmoke

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
^ Hard to know if that was the play in question but it does show a lot of intensity. Cliff stepped into that fracas too, uncharacteristic for him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I really don't care, it's nasty in there and nasty players are what we want, Lyle Alzado is rolling in his grave at this crap, he spit on me WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

OP
OP
LeftHandSmoke

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
chris98251":2jfnjcbi said:
Well I really don't care, it's nasty in there and nasty players are what we want, Lyle Alzado is rolling in his grave at this crap, he spit on me WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Bingo.

What did the guy expect, Swallow?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
StoneCold":38chi3yz said:
If this quote is correct -

" Center Joe Hawley claims he was repeatedly hitting him late and that one Seahawks defensive lineman spit right in his face at one point during the game."

Hawley may have deserved it.
I have no doubt that Hawley had it coming. Probably Reed getting in the last lick after being blatently held, play after play. Reed will learn to tone it down, but Hawley is a notorious instigator.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Lol how are you guys ok with a player spitting in another man's face?

If another player (reportedly) spit in a Seahawks player's face, we'd be calling him every name in the book

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1lp6p1kq said:

If another player (reportedly) spit in a Seahawks player's face, we'd be calling him every name in the book

+1. There is no excuse for that. I think fighting someone is more justified than spitting in someones face. We still don't know if Reed actually did it. I hope not but would not be surprised. Not because of him particularity but because not much surprises me these days at all.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2kixuta9 said:

Maybe so, but it wasn't, also the player accusing Reed is no angel either, far worse happens in games that never even gets brought up.

OP
OP
LeftHandSmoke

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
chris98251":1jn90akf said:
Jerhawk":1jn90akf said:

Maybe so, but it wasn't, also the player accusing Reed is no angel either, far worse happens in games that never even gets brought up.
My take on it too, "far worse happens in games that never even gets brought up."

And on him bringing it up in the way that he did, basically bragging that "I beat the living shoot out of them so badly that one of them resorted to spitting" is unlikely to win him any support - especially from the Hawks DL.

McGruff

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":7o6j6ots said:
Jerhawk":7o6j6ots said:

+1. There is no excuse for that. I think fighting someone is more justified than spitting in someones face. We still don't know if Reed actually did it. I hope not but would not be surprised. Not because of him particularity but because not much surprises me these days at all.

Reed is adamant that he did no such thing.

Latest posts