Playoffs in 9 of the last 11 seasons

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I can't understand the constant negativity I've seen on here in recent weeks, we are 10-4, leading the div and have been a constant playoff team the last decade. Did all of you forget the first 25 + years ??

The only team with more success in that span is new England , and half of y'all want Russ and Pete gone!

Wtf is wrong with you?

W

Welshers

You are about to get flamed but I agree. It's an incredible run we have been on and we are really lucky to be fans of this team.

Reaction score
I agree. It's nice not to be calling "9-7" the definition of a successful season. For all the flak Pete and Russ get, I'm glad to be along for the ride. I can understand some of the frustration with people seeing the team as being capable of more but we may not see a stretch like this again. Can only only speak for myself, but I'm enjoying it!

BubbaGump

Reaction score
When you ask a question like that you are not ready for an honest answer. You have already made up your mind and formed your defensive response. This team is stuck in a repetitive cycle with Pete Carroll as coach. History is constantly repeating itself week in and week out. Some of us fans have grown weary of it and have spoken out. There are many threads and topics to give you examples. Calling people out because you disagree with their perception of the Hawks in this cycle is only asking to get shot down. Hence you create another cycle of your own.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Pete Carroll is a good coach, but on the same hand I also think he is incapable of ever repeating the 2013 and 2014 seasons. I believe he's peaked in Seattle, and has accomplished everything that he's ever going to accomplish here. He's a high floor, low ceiling sort of guy.

As one poster put it, between game days he's probably the best coach in the NFL. Players want to play with him and he injects energy into the franchise. Gameday on the other hand is another story, Carroll is what I would call a poor in-game coach.

His clock management and game planning are atrocious. He's going to come out and do what he does regardless of what other teams are doing. He's extremely slow to adjust and stubborn to a fault. Games like Washington are extremely common in the Carroll era. While we're able to squeak past teams such as Washington, it comes to bite us against better teams come playoff time. It's been an ongoing trend, 1 and done despite having some VERY good teams over this 5-6 year period.

I don't think Pete is ever going to be more than a one and done coach in the playoffs at this juncture, a modern day Marty Schottenheimer. Some people are okay with that and it is understandable given the long line of failed coaches in Seattle along with his history of winning in Seattle and Seattle's first Super Bowl. In the end he could surprise me and win another one as well, but I think that is unlikely.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I just don’t like Russ that’s all. Is there anyone better, probably not. I just don’t like him.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
zchurch74":10cdd1ep said:
I just don’t like Russ that’s all. Is there anyone better, probably not. I just don’t like him.

Have you ever liked a Seahawk QB, and if so, who?

I can name a few who could not carry Wilson's jock, 1 who could carry it but not wear it, and one that could do both:

Zorn
Kreig
Stouffer
Kemp
Gellbaugh
Mirer
Mcguire
Kitna
Whitehurst
Wallace
Dilfer

Hasselbeck

Moon

If I missed any, please forgive me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You just don't like Russ? How is that working out for you?
About is well as your idiotic 5-5 post.
I am convinced you want them to LOSE, just so you can brag about how "right" you were.

As far the OP, outstanding and ACCURATE post.

pmedic920

Reaction score
BubbaGump":2zm9ewee said:
When you ask a question like that you are not ready for an honest answer. You have already made up your mind and formed your defensive response. This team is stuck in a repetitive cycle with Pete Carroll as coach. History is constantly repeating itself week in and week out. Some of us fans have grown weary of it and have spoken out. There are many threads and topics to give you examples. Calling people out because you disagree with their perception of the Hawks in this cycle is only asking to get shot down. Hence you create another cycle of your own.

“Repetitive cycle”?

Yea a “repetitive cycle” of winning percentage and making the playoffs.

Pretty rough cycle to be stuck in, huh?

I get it, kinda.

The success of the Seahawks has raised expectations significantly over what it was back in the day but HolyCatfish this board gets and stays fairly negative.

Think about this for just a minute.

We’ve never had a more successful Coach, never had a more successful QB, and some folks want one or both of them gone.
The truly funny part is, 99.9% can’t or won’t tell you who the want as replacements.

I get down after a loss like the one to the Giants, I’ve even broken a TV before while watching a game.
I get just as frustrated over Crap my team does/doesn’t do as anyone but I have no control over what they do or don’t.

What I have control over, is how I choose to look at things and respond to them.
Breaking a $1500 television over a football game is pretty stupid, I think calls for Pete’s or Russ’s job at this stage of the game is as equally stupid.

Here’s something else to consider, as mentioned above the Pats are pretty much the only team with as much/more success over the same span of time. Look at them now w/o both the coach and the QB.
A winning football team is about much more than just talent, chemistry and intangibles play a huge role.

We’re all entitled to our opinion but we do have the ability to choose how we look at things. Glass half full/Glass half empty.
I remember many seasons hoping and praying for something better than 8-8 or a .500 record.
I think that bitching and complaining is part of the fun of watching sports but for me.......

.....see my signature.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
zchurch74":8kem6u5d said:

What dont you like?

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
BubbaGump":3upst72b said:

Lol, ok name a better and more sucessful coach not named belcheck, who missed the playoffs as soon as his QB wasn't good.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
BubbaGump":13zeyk6f said:

Stuck in a cycle of winning/competing for the division title and making playoff runs.

How miserable.

We need to go find that coach that makes it to the super bowl every year. He is RIGHT THERE TO BE HAD!!!

Pretty sure nearly 95% of NFL fans would gladly trade places with us right now. Have some perspective.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm getting sick of going to the playoffs and winning double digit games almost every year. This sucks!!!!
Just like it sucked when they made the Super Bowl 3 times in 10 season.
9 of 11 years in the playoffs, a title and one yard from a 2nd one. Yeah, we have it SO bad in Seattle.
I mean, if they don't win pretty and/or by 3 touchdowns, a win isn't good enough :?
As far as not liking Russ, that's your choice. But a strange one...….

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1i7tc6s8 said:
BubbaGump":1i7tc6s8 said:

Stuck in a cycle of winning/competing for the division title and making playoff runs.

How miserable.

We need to go find that coach that makes it to the super bowl every year. He is RIGHT THERE TO BE HAD!!!

Pretty sure nearly 95% of NFL fans would gladly trade places with us right now. Have some perspective.

How miserable life must some of these people have? If you don't win the SB every year, your team sucks and everyone needs to be fired.

I wonder how many of them are perfect in their own lives?

There is a big difference between discussing improvement areas and hating everything. The longer I live, the more idiotic many people become.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
pmedic920":2y6iwber said:
BubbaGump":2y6iwber said:

“Repetitive cycle”?

I get it, kinda.

The success of the Seahawks has raised expectations significantly over what it was back in the day but HolyCatfish this board gets and stays fairly negative.

We’ve never had a more successful Coach, never had a more successful QB, and some folks want one or both of them gone.
The truly funny part is, 99.9% can’t or won’t tell you who the want as replacements.

I get down after a loss like the one to the Giants, I’ve even broken a TV before while watching a game.
I get just as frustrated over Crap my team does/doesn’t do as anyone but I have no control over what they do or don’t.

What I have control over, is how I choose to look at things and respond to them.
Breaking a $1500 television over a football game is pretty stupid, I think calls for Pete’s or Russ’s job at this stage of the game is as equally stupid.

Here’s something else to consider, as mentioned above the Pats are pretty much the only team with as much/more success over the same span of time. Look at them now w/o both the coach and the QB.
A winning football team is about much more than just talent, chemistry and intangibles play a huge role.

We’re all entitled to our opinion but we do have the ability to choose how we look at things. Glass half full/Glass half empty.
I remember many seasons hoping and praying for something better than 8-8 or a .500 record.
I think that b!@ch and complaining is part of the fun of watching sports but for me.......

.....see my signature.

My thoughts exactly. When Paul Allen bought this team, he wanted a consistent winner. We have that. Enjoy the damn winning. In the last 15 years the Seahawks have been to 3 Super Bowls, The first 23 seasons of this franchise netted 4(!) playoff appearances and 8 winning seasons. In the last 20 years there have only been 6 losing seasons and we have tasted the playoffs 14 times. Paul Allen brought us winning consistency. I for one am thankful and have been and hope to continue that enjoyment.

My demeanor on losses changed when I destroyed a chair after a particularly painful loss. It wasn’t a $1500 tv but it was my own property that I paid good money for. It was at that moment that I realized that I had no control over wins or losses and why should I destroy anything over something I have absolutely no control over. Since then and partly before, I look at any season with more wins than losses as a successful season. My angst used to go all the way through the offseason as if it was my job to build this team, coach this team and also play for this team.

For 3 hours each game day, I’m entertained. Sometimes at the end of that 3 hours I’m happy with the outcome, sometimes I’m frustrated and sometimes I’m a bit bummed. I just don’t let it consume me like it used to. There isn’t much that I like better than watching a Seahawks game. Getting into the playoffs gives me bonus entertainment time. Thanks John, Pete, players and everyone actually connected to the team for your dedication and work in bringing us fickle fans something to enjoy.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":6j0h8bai said:
pmedic920":6j0h8bai said:
BubbaGump":6j0h8bai said:

“Repetitive cycle”?

I get it, kinda.

I think that b!@ch and complaining is part of the fun of watching sports but for me.......

.....see my signature.

My thoughts exactly. When Paul Allen bought this team, he wanted a consistent winner. We have that. Enjoy the damn winning. In the last 15 years the Seahawks have been to 3 Super Bowls, The first 23 seasons of this franchise netted 4(!) playoff appearances and 8 winning seasons. In the last 20 years there have only been 6 losing seasons and we have tasted the playoffs 14 times. Paul Allen brought us winning consistency. I for one am thankful and have been and hope to continue that enjoyment.

My demeanor on losses changed when I destroyed a chair after a particularly painful loss. It wasn’t a $1500 tv but it was my own property that I paid good money for. It was at that moment that I realized that I had no control over wins or losses and why should I destroy anything over something I have absolutely no control over. Since then and partly before, I look at any season with more wins than losses as a successful season. My angst used to go all the way through the offseason as if it was my job to build this team, coach this team and also play for this team.

For 3 hours each game day, I’m entertained. Sometimes at the end of that 3 hours I’m happy with the outcome, sometimes I’m frustrated and sometimes I’m a bit bummed. I just don’t let it consume me like it used to. There isn’t much that I like better than watching a Seahawks game. Getting into the playoffs gives me bonus entertainment time. Thanks John, Pete, players and everyone actually connected to the team for your dedication and work in bringing us fickle fans something to enjoy.

My moment came when I realized that these players take the loss way less personally than I did, and they would probably even be having dinner together after the game. Why let a loss ruin my day when it wouldn't ruin theirs?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete is very frustrating.

He builds incredible teams. Then keeps substandard coaches that underutilize the strengths of those teams.

But very few coaches would have put together this kind of sustained success like Pete has.

So as frustrating as it can be to see chips left on the table, you have to balance with knowing that few coaches, if any, would have this kind of team to work with. And when Pete is gone, we will not have them anymore.

Pete is literally one of the best program building coaches in the NFL, if not the best.

He is absolutely hands down the best Mon-Sat coach in the league.

The issue was always the perception that anyone would win with Wilson so you discount some wins. To be fair, Wilson has had his share of consistency issues recently where somehow Pete is winning anyway.

Finally, regardless of your opinion on the matter, if you have not watched Adams' press conference after the game - please do. Because getting used to going to the playoffs is a privilege that comes from having a great program, the problem that Pete and JS built. (Jamal clearly drives home just how much of a blessing that is)

ZagHawk

Reaction score
A fan can desire their team to bump to the next level of competitiveness while still appreciating where they're at. As for this WFT game, I saw some things I liked. I saw some things I didn't like. I liked the things I liked, I am concerned about the things I didn't like being potential game losing issues in the future. I appreciate the overall W vs a L. But you can be objective seeing where your team has weaknesses that must be addressed if they want to win the SB (because that's what Pete and his team wants, and that's what as fans we all want). Week 12 is roughly where you see what your team is made of and will be the remainder of the season and playoffs.

This is what I'm seeing:

- A team that has improved on defense BUT can get gashed in a quarter
- A team that has been top level on offense BUT can be completely shutdown as well

Conclusion - When both sides of the ball are firing, this team is going to beat any team (even the damn Chiefs), but if both sides are not firing it's gonna get beat bad, and if only one side is firing well you hope the other side is firing enough and it may not be good enough to beat a top 3-4 team which will kill you in the playoffs. All the above said, once we are in this stage of the season, the team kind of stops improving it is what it is, so it tells me the team may not make it to the NFCCG which as fans we want...this is where we want the team to step up from previous playoff appearances. It's very much like my Zags. The Zags were in "the dance" year after year and people were saying we should be grateful they are dancing, but they were never making it past the sweet sixteen year after year after year, it was only until they finally broke into the final four (and championship game) that they took the next step. Now the Hawks did win the whole thing, so this is a little different, but since then they haven't moved past round two....fans, players, coaches are obviously wanting that next step to show it's ready to go back to the SB (even if its not this year, but we certainly hope so).

Latest posts