Please quit hating on Jermaine please....

crosfam

Reaction score
My guess is he takes his tender, and leaves next year as an UFA, because some team will pay him more than we will. If we do pay him the big second contract, it will be due to him earning it.

I think we are stockpiling a few (mid-round draft type) guys that might be able to step up and take his place after next year. I don't see us signing a big money FA.

But I would hate to see him making circus catches for the 49ers.

massari

Reaction score
Nice 5th/6th WR but isn't worth the 2.35 mill cap hit....that's why I think they're better off without him.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He is a fantastic #4 WR. Unfortunately, due to the chronic mismanagement of the WR position he is an overmatched #2 on this team.

King Dog

Reaction score
massari":1ugqgozq said:
Nice 5th/6th WR but isn't worth the 2.35 mill cap hit....that's why I think they're better off without him.

5th or 6th? Lol. I think someone is a young fan that has been spoiled by our recent success :D

I mean the Super Bowl catch and TD vs the Broncos, NFC Championship TD catch, the Super Bowl Catch this year? Best 5th or 6th wr ever? :D

Seafan

Reaction score
The WR group needs upgrades. This might be a good off season to do that.

Kearse is an overpaid #4. I doubt the Hawks would try to re-sign next season. He fits perfectly into the "let them walk and hope for a comp" category.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
agree with others..he is a depth guy who can match up against lesser talented coverage, when up against a number one or 2 corner he is easily contained and a non factor. I just find myself cursing more than cheering a lot of the time with Kearse...

peppersjap

Reaction score
King Dog":2417qevs said:
massari":2417qevs said:

5th or 6th? Lol. I think someone is a young fan that has been spoiled by our recent success :D

I mean the Super Bowl catch and TD vs the Broncos, NFC Championship TD catch, the Super Bowl Catch this year? Best 5th or 6th wr ever? :D
He has made some great catches but how about the interceptions in the Packer playoff game that were mostly on him. He still drops to many balls. He is a very solid WR but not 2.35 million solid. He is a league minimum talent.

Rob12

Reaction score
He's a No. 4, and I love Jermaine... But that's who he is as a player, which is valuable. Him and Russ have chemistry and love hooking up for the big play. I hope we keep him, but someone will likely pay him more unless he has a really down season.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I don't think it's "hating" on Kearse to simply point out that he's a glorified #4 WR who makes some big plays and is a solid ST contributor. He's a gamer, and I am glad he's on our team, but he really isn't a true #2, and don't even mention #1. He just isn't able to consistently get separation, even in single coverage, and his hands are a bit unreliable.

Kearse is a respectable NFL WR but he's ultimately not too hard to push down the depth chart. There's no shame in that.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Have watched him drop important balls since his first day as a DAWG. Cud never figure what Pete saw in him. Indeed he has made some very good catches for our Hawks. but it is NOT "hating" him to say he is one over paid UDF who should not even be playing for us IF we had the WR corp that we SHOULD have. maybe one of these days- like THIS year that will change and we can say good bye to Kearse.

M.M.

original poster

Reaction score
I like Kearse and would want him on the squad for a long time, the chemistry he and Russ have is massive and sometimes something like that outweighs outright talent. He had some seriously good games last season and you can bet he will again this year.

grizbob

Reaction score
Largent80":3dzyw9uu said:
As Popeye would say, "I am what I am, and that's all that I am".

And here I always thought it was " I yam what I yam and that's what I yam " ;)

irfuben32

Reaction score
I am fine with Chop Chop as long as he is our 3rd or 4th WR.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":q8z6zm0s said:
He is a fantastic #4 WR. Unfortunately, due to the chronic mismanagement of the WR position he is an overmatched #2 on this team.

This.

I think we all love Jermaine for being a local boy, a guy who worked his ass off to get on an NFL roster, and is generally an all around good guy. But..............he disappears for long stretches of games, even multiple games and isn't the dependable productive receiver you need out of a #2.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
First of all OP Whats this "our huskies" stuff you talk about? Leave the college stuff to the college boards.

I like Chop chop, I was ready to cut him on the spot about 58 minutes into the NFCCG this year. He never has really been consistent, but I think thats just cause he's not a nfl number 2. He seems like a good dude, and a good teammate, but as a number 2, he's over matched. But he's athletic and can flash. But need some consistency.

Reaction score
I just get the feeling that we'll draft 2 WRs and one if not both will be more talented than Kearse but we won't know it or get to really see it due to Kearse having the upper hand in chemistry with Russ, knowing the playbook, knowing how to beat NFL corners etc. In a perfect world Chris Matthews or one of the rookie wrs just flat out beat him in camp and start. He's a #3 or 4 WR and that's where he needs to be on this team

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
With Richardson on the mend and with the likelihood that we go WR in round 2 or 3, I'd say that 2015 is the last year that Jermaine is on the roster.

Love his circus catches but the two drops (and easy INTs) in the NFCCG were killers... he's okay but that about it.