Pocic a Brown

cheese22

Reaction score
Saw a Yahoo article by some Brown writer that Pocic was signed last friday. I haven't seen anything posted here like there usually is. Glad to see him sign elsewhere. The Yahoo article made him sound like the missing piece to their Superbowl win.

seabowl

Reaction score
Damn I thought this was another bullcrud post but it’s true and I missed it too. Good catch. Another wasted high pick.

seabowl

Reaction score
Second round pick is a high pick

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Damn I thought this was another bullcrud post but it’s true and I missed it too. Good catch. Another wasted high pick.
How can a second round pick that started pretty much his whole time here be considered 'wasted'? Every pick past the first 10 of round 1 is a crap-shoot.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I for one won't miss him at all. He never developed as was expected, was frequently overpowered by bull rushers and was mostly underwhelming as a supposed quality C prospect. Initially he reported at under 300 lbs and was in need of serious strength training which never seemed to translate in his time in Seattle. He was simply just another OLine whiff.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's a little more complicated than that. Pocic was one of the top center prospects and Britt was going into the final year of his contract, so Pocic was both a hedge and leverage in the extension discussions at the time. Britt agreed to a three year extension in August and that killed a lot of the value in the selection. We spent two years trying to play Pocic as a guard where his lanky frame didn't have the leverage to hold off shorter 3techs and then he spent too much time injured once we had the opportunity to put him back in at center.

He was pretty good the second half of last season and I wouldn't be surprised if he's solid with the Browns. In my view though, the real mistake was the Britt extension which was too short term minded at the time and put too much focus on Britt's leadership.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At his contract he'll be a backup in Cleveland. Never though he was strong enough to play in the NFL, yet he did play better at the end of last season, but well enough to re-sign.

seabowl

Reaction score
How can a second round pick that started pretty much his whole time here be considered 'wasted'? Every pick past the first 10 of round 1 is a crap-shoot.
Because for the most part he wasn’t good AND the team thought as such hence not re-signing him. Wasted pick.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Yup, just ask Aaron Curry.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He stunk and should have been released two years ago.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't think Pocic is as bad as many of you, but his combination of nagging injuries (bad knees + height) and the tendency to get bull-rushed into oblivion on occasion definitely provided a lot of frustration.

toffee

Reaction score
I am really surprised that we didn't bring him back, he will never be a probowler but he was serviceable as a center, and he is CHEAP.