Pocic to Start on Sunday

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
LolaRox":1yb09ufh said:
XxXdragonXxX":1yb09ufh said:
They really should just bring up Hunt, if Britt cant go play Hunt at center and Pocic at LG. Id rather have Hunt play than Glowinski.

Wouldn't they have to cut someone from the 53 to bring up Hunt? Who would cut to bring Hunt up for 1 game?

I would make Hunt the permanent backup at Center and put Pocic in as the permanent starter at LG.

Cut Prosise or McEvoy or one of the backup OL that will never see the field.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":3ck1nufn said:
LolaRox":3ck1nufn said:
kidhawk":3ck1nufn said:
LolaRox":3ck1nufn said:
Wouldn't they have to cut someone from the 53 to bring up Hunt? Who would cut to bring Hunt up for 1 game?

When you activate from the practice squad it's a minimum of 3 games

I don't know if that is true. I think their salary is guaranteed for 3 weeks not that they have to be on the active roster for 3 games.

Either way... I only meant that Hunt would only be playing for 1 game (assuming Britt's injury doesn't linger). If they activate Joey they risk losing a another, more valuable, player to essentially use him in 1 game.

You are mixing your apples and oranges in terms of practice squad, active and inactive.

Not sure what you mean. When a practice squad player is activated to the 53 they are guaranteed 3 weeks salary at the league minimum. If you only bring them up for one week that extra pay still goes against the cap as 3 weeks. My point is and was that we don't have much cap space to waste by bringing a player up for just a single week

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3r0jlbai said:
Have people forgot the TB game last year when Hunt started? Give me Pocic in the C with Glow at LG

Have people forgotten the first few gsmes this year whwn Glow was so bad he got benched? Jist because he was ok against the Giants doesnt mean hes good.

Even if Hunt isnt any better, Id rather have Hunt at center so Pocic can just play LG and not have to bounce around.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
kidhawk":n6ujl9g0 said:
HawkerD":n6ujl9g0 said:
LolaRox":n6ujl9g0 said:
kidhawk":n6ujl9g0 said:

I don't know if that is true. I think their salary is guaranteed for 3 weeks not that they have to be on the active roster for 3 games.

Either way... I only meant that Hunt would only be playing for 1 game (assuming Britt's injury doesn't linger). If they activate Joey they risk losing a another, more valuable, player to essentially use him in 1 game.

You are mixing your apples and oranges in terms of practice squad, active and inactive.

Not sure what you mean. When a practice squad player is activated to the 53 they are guaranteed 3 weeks salary at the league minimum. If you only bring them up for one week that extra pay still goes against the cap as 3 weeks. My point is and was that we don't have much cap space to waste by bringing a player up for just a single week

I think Pocic should be the permanent starting LG, which means we would need a new backup C, so Im not talking 1 week, Im talking remainder of the season.

LolaRox

Reaction score
HawkerD":3lnn6rmi said:
LolaRox":3lnn6rmi said:
kidhawk":3lnn6rmi said:
LolaRox":3lnn6rmi said:

Not sure what you mean - I'm mixing apples & oranges. I was responding to XxX's suggestion of bringing Hunt off the practice squad. In order to do that they would need to cut someone from the 53 to make room for him. I thought XxX wanted to bring Hunt up for 1 game (v HOU) , but XxX has since stated he would bring him for the rest of the yr.

XxXdragonXxX":3lnn6rmi said:
I think Pocic should be the permanent starting LG, which means we would need a new backup C, so Im not talking 1 week, Im talking remainder of the season.

If you do that what happens to Luke when he's ready to play?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Luke will tweet like a certain hawks DB, who lost his job recently to another rookie.
And Pete response was ... "We are all about competition here". Luke better be ready to compete if he wants his job back.
XxXdragonXxX":1fanx927 said:
LolaRox":1fanx927 said:
If you do that what happens to Luke when he's ready to play?
That mistake of a signing can ride the bench.

hawk45

Reaction score
AgentDib":8ij35utk said:
Maybe i'm missing the point here, but why are you guys advocating for Pocic at LG over C if we need both? Do you have any reason to believe Hunt will play better at C than Glowinski will play at LG? Or is this just the thing that fans do where they want the unknown quantity over the known quantity?
I only saw one person advocate for Hunt at C but nevertheless I agree with your sentiment. Pocic at C and Glowinski at LG seems like a much better option, given that Pocic had game experience at center last week, Hunt didn't look good at all at C in spots last year, and Glowinski is serviceable (for this team) at LG.

I for one am not anxious at all to see Hunt at the 2nd most important position on the line.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
A-Dog":2zy1w6t6 said:
Interesting

I wonder what happens when Joekel comes back... will Pocic shift over to RG and displace Aboushi?

I hope not. Aboushi has done a decent job and adds experience to the line which has helped the communication from the center to the RT. Ifedi has done some stupid stuff even with Aboushi in but even Ifedi has improved with Aboushi playing. I don't see a rookie doing this but I guess it is possible. Maybe Pocic is that good.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2att9758 said:
ludakrishna":2att9758 said:
Have people forgot the TB game last year when Hunt started? Give me Pocic in the C with Glow at LG

Have people forgotten the first few gsmes this year whwn Glow was so bad he got benched? Jist because he was ok against the Giants doesnt mean hes good.

Even if Hunt isnt any better, Id rather have Hunt at center so Pocic can just play LG and not have to bounce around.

That was at RG. Glow at LG during the Giants game graded out to be one of the better pass blocking LG last week.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
A-Dog":17kd5eqr said:
Interesting

I wonder what happens when Joekel comes back... will Pocic shift over to RG and displace Aboushi?

I'd rather him displace Ifedi.

ivotuk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":iqlczeh6 said:
A-Dog":iqlczeh6 said:
Interesting

Pocic would be a much better, and a less penalty-prone Right Tackle. Then they could bring Ifedi in on short yardage as the extra lineman.

I think Germaine may have played better at RG than RT.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2rznlgqw said:
A-Dog":2rznlgqw said:
Interesting

Agree. Ifedi is the larger problem. I've posted this a few times now and was pulling for this in the pre season as well. Just one problem. Tom Cable will not let this happen. Pete needs to step in.