Poll: Worst playoff exit, Hawks or Steelers?

Which Wild Card exit was worse?

• Seahawks

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Steelers

Votes: 36 67.9%

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Who do you guys think had the worst playoff exit this weekend? Our beloved Seahawks, or the Pittsburgh Stealers?

We started 5-0, then had some hiccups, yada yada yada, wound up 12-4, won the NFC West. Then we lose to those pesky Rams on Saturday, vs a QB I've never heard of before. He gets hurt, and we still lose to a QB with a broken thumb.

Or, the Steelers who started 11-0, wound up really falling apart at the end and finished 12-4. Matched up against their divisional clowns, the Browns, and get absolutely wrecked. Score was 28-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. Defense couldn't stop a nosebleed, Ben throws 4 INTs, and they get bounced in the first round.

Considering all of that, which team had the worst, most painful/embarassing/frustrating playoff exit in Super Wild Card weekend?

Msfann

Reaction score
The steAlers looked like they were going to run the table and then fell on their faces. Seattle losing wasn't very surprising.

potatohead33

Reaction score
Steelers was worse

But overall Seattle loss was embarrassing. The playoff performances this team puts together since 49 is really something else.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think the answer is never play a division rival in the wild card round.

Records go out the windows when you play a rival that knows you and has built a team and philosophy around beating you.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I still think Seattles was more embarrassing. The Steelers got caught up in one of those games where if it could go wrong, it did, but Roethlisberger still threw for 500 yards and they put up 37 points. The Hawks offense looked hopeless.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Steelers adapted and found a way do do things and were crawling back in it.

Seattle, well we started to look worse.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Easily the Steelers. I'd have to be delusional to say that getting emasculated in the first half is preferrable.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
potatohead33":2lj9ers2 said:
Steelers was worse

But overall Seattle loss was embarrassing. The playoff performances this team puts together since 49 is really something else.
This.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":18dnt5o8 said:
I still think Seattles was more embarrassing. The Steelers got caught up in one of those games where if it could go wrong, it did, but Roethlisberger still threw for 500 yards and they put up 37 points. The Hawks offense looked hopeless.
Yards are a FF stat.
He also threw 4 pics, not a FF stat.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Seahawks. Steelers at least have had a good run over the years and everyone's known Big Ben was on his last legs for years now. Somewhat less painful when the QB is 38, not 32

Optimus25

Reaction score
The Steelers was worse because it was so unexpected.

Anyone who has watched Pete and Schotty gameplan in the playoffs before knew what this outcome was going to be.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Steelers were playing horrible since the 11 wins I expected them to lose but the Hawks I thought were playing better we'll see how the Rams do against the pack with the so called number one Defense that will be the judge. They should hold GB to let's say 17.

getnasty

Reaction score
5thgen":1wxt1016 said:
Can't be any worst than losing to 4 fingered qb.

I don't know a team that hasn't practice all week and without their HC isnt great.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
5thgen":11w2s4aq said:
Can't be any worst than losing to 4 fingered qb.

How about going down 28-0 to a basement-dwelling division rival franchise that is only known for being awful and has a stadium known as "The Factory of Sadness?"

Steelers were worse.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1fiwu4lw said:
pittpnthrs":1fiwu4lw said:
Yards are a FF stat.
He also threw 4 pics, not a FF stat.

I understand. but my point was that they still moved the ball and scored over and over. Seattle couldnt.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
After Saturday I needed a team to suffer a worse loss than the Seahawks did to lift my spirits hopefully with a glaring conservative call like punting on 4th and 1 when down 2 scores. Thank you Steelers and Tomlin. Between his punt and Vrabel's 4th and 2 from the Ravens 40, it took national attention away from the coaching mistakes in the Hawks game.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The Steelers cause it was so hilarious.

Remember they were the last undefeated team.

And, especially after their Social Media Champion, JuJu, kept dancing on TikTok.

Steelers exiting playoffs to the Browns was hilarious!

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1f3jbjtv said:
After Saturday I needed a team to suffer a worse loss than the Seahawks did to lift my spirits hopefully with a glaring conservative call like punting on 4th and 1 when down 2 scores. Thank you Steelers and Tomlin. Between his punt and Vrabel's 4th and 2 from the Ravens 40, it took national attention away from the coaching mistakes in the Hawks game.
I didn't vote because I legitimately cannot decide which was worse, but so much this.

It helps that it was the Steelers and Big Ben, who I still can't stand after Super Bowl XL.

I kind of picked Pittsburgh going out in the first round, so losing wasn't much of a surprise. On the Seahawks side, we recently beat the Rams and I hoped that after they ended the SF game with some offensive rhythm, we might come into this game and be pleasantly surprising. On the other hand... Steelers were out of the game after the first quarter. Ouch.