Playoff Season Greetings

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The key to beating the Hawks is protect against the deep ball, and limit the rushing attack with solid gap assignments.
We have no intermediate passing game at all so forcing us to do something we suck at would be the Belichekian solution.

On offense run at Mingo and throw crossing routes at the intermediate level.

There’s your “beat the Hawks 101”

Beating the Cowboys will be basically revolve around getting the run game going early forcing you to drop 8 in the box then taking the top off with Lockett. Then limit Zeke, get a couple turnovers and dominate the red zone on D.

Just hoping the refs let em play.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Mad Dog":enrhi7y8 said:
The key to beating the Hawks is protect against the deep ball, and limit the rushing attack with solid gap assignments.
We have no intermediate passing game at all so forcing us to do something we suck at would be the Belichekian solution.

On offense run at Mingo and throw crossing routes at the intermediate level.

There’s your “beat the Hawks 101”

Beating the Cowboys will be basically revolve around getting the run game going early forcing you to drop 8 in the box then taking the top off with Lockett. Then limit Zeke, get a couple turnovers and dominate the red zone on D.

Just hoping the refs let em play.

Hawknation posted something earlier in the week about the cowboys defense struggling with intermediate passes in the center of the field.

Be a nice adjusting by schotty

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
STAR WARS":3p4ikgsr said:
Sports Hernia":3p4ikgsr said:
I’m surprised the Jerruh’s kids fan didn’t bring up their 5 rusted Lombardi’s from last century, that’s usually a weak trash talking cowturd’s fans “go to” when they realize they can’t talk much about their team’s recent past or present success.

Winning their crappy division by default brings a lot of false bravado to the surface by these pukes.

An Eli Manning led offense last week put up 35 points on this guy’s healthy “all world” defense! Let that sink in!

2 playoff wins since their last Super Bowl equals “23 years of tears” brought to you by one the worst GM’s in all of sports. This troll will disappear for another 5 years after his team loses Saturday.

Please point out my trolling and false bravado.

You seem a little nervous for some reason ?
Your perceptions are off, you are “projecting”.

Thinly disguising your posts and in an opponent’s forum is your form of false bravado.

chris98251

Reaction score
If they want to look at history I always like this tidbit and it never gets old.

[youtube]QVuQ5aw0HAQ[/youtube]

Chickens huh, well were Crowing also after this.

niveky

Reaction score
STAR WARS":22t94pmw said:
Maulbert":22t94pmw said:
So, what's your excuse for getting shut out by a Colts team that needed a last minute escape vs. the 5-11 Giants? :stirthepot:

Well.....I'd imagine the same excuse your Chickens had for getting dropped by a 3rd string undrafted 9ners QB and getting taken to the wire by...…. um......hold on...… oh yeah Josh Rosen. Who played a spectacularly shitty game of QB I might ad.

Colts game was our Defense having a bad day against a Colts O line/ team that is pretty fkn solid. We don't have a good enough offense to carry this team. Oh yeah.... their D coordinator Matt Eberflus was one of Garretts longest serving assistant coaches until this season. No other coach in football knows our team/scheme better and it showed.
Bottom line is..... if our D has a bad night on Saturday.... you win comfortably. We both should hope both teams bring their best Saturday night.

Oh..... and the Giants ? Who dropped 30 on Chicago's D ? Yeah they have been playing some scrappy ass football over the last 5 games. Thus my shoutout to the way the Cowboys played and coached in that last game.

he was 'funning' you but that was a very valid point and two completely different games. Yeah, the 49'ers beat them, but with a lot of things going wrong that would normally not go wrong, including 148 yards in penalties, all at pretty much key down and situations. the offense played well, the defense played better than the first time, I mean you can say what you will about ref whining or whatever, but in that ANOMALY of a game, the refs really did almost hand it to them. did they take advantage, did they keep it tight, and did they get that fg in ot. yes they did, but it took them every thing they had to scrape that victory out and for the Seahawks to be put into really bad spots time and again throughout the game with penalty yardage. On the flip side, the Cowboys did absolutely nothing in that game against the Colts and really despite whoever their D coordinator was in relation to the cowboys, player effort should at least make it competitive. I would have been really concerned for my team after an outing like that where they had nothing at all for the other team.

D

DomeHawk

lukerguy":b9i28qe5 said:
"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious"- Michael Scott

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not sure why I find this so hilarious but I do.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
STAR WARS":3h58iru6 said:
Maulbert":3h58iru6 said:
So, what's your excuse for getting shut out by a Colts team that needed a last minute escape vs. the 5-11 Giants? :stirthepot:

Well.....I'd imagine the same excuse your Chickens had for getting dropped by a 3rd string undrafted 9ners QB and getting taken to the wire by...…. um......hold on...… oh yeah Josh Rosen. Who played a spectacularly shitty game of QB I might ad.

Colts game was our Defense having a bad day against a Colts O line/ team that is pretty fkn solid. We don't have a good enough offense to carry this team. Oh yeah.... their D coordinator Matt Eberflus was one of Garretts longest serving assistant coaches until this season. No other coach in football knows our team/scheme better and it showed.
Bottom line is..... if our D has a bad night on Saturday.... you win comfortably. We both should hope both teams bring their best Saturday night.

Oh..... and the Giants ? Who dropped 30 on Chicago's D ? Yeah they have been playing some scrappy ass football over the last 5 games. Thus my shoutout to the way the Cowboys played and coached in that last game.

Chickens? Gee, welcome to our forum............. :sarcasm_off:

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ucudyhu said:
This isnt the shack so pocket the personal insults.

Yes. Let's be civil Mmmmkay? He came here in peace. Sheesh some of you guys... Could have done without the Chickens thing, but not too hostile, compared to what we've gone through before. No worse than the Cowgirls thing. Pretty weak but acceptable smack. And c'mon... Smack is fun! :lol:

hawks85

Reaction score
I think the difference is going to come down to who wins in the trenches. You guys have zeke. We have carson AND davis AND penny. We have a 3 headed monster behind a superior o-line. If you guys shut down carson then davis will get a crack at it if he gets shut then penny's up. You won't shut down all 3 of them. One of them will have a great game. It hasn't happened all season EXCEPT against Carolina, and they get beat threw the air.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2kgn0v1i said:
Uncle Si":2kgn0v1i said:
This isnt the shack so pocket the personal insults.

Yes. Let's be civil Mmmmkay? He came here in peace. Sheesh some of you guys... Could have done without the Chickens thing, but not too hostile, compared to what we've gone through before. No worse than the Cowgirls thing. Pretty weak but acceptable smack. And c'mon... Smack is fun! :lol:
Someone comes in talking crap they should expect to be verbally smacked around a bit. Wish this thread was shacked so I could tell the OP where to go and how to get there! 8)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawks85":2d39qe9t said:
I think the difference is going to come down to who wins in the trenches. You guys have zeke. We have carson AND davis AND penny. We have a 3 headed monster behind a superior o-line. If you guys shut down carson then davis will get a crack at it if he gets shut then penny's up. You won't shut down all 3 of them. One of them will have a great game. It hasn't happened all season EXCEPT against Carolina, and they get beat threw the air.

You forgot the other head......RW. He can do some trenching and blocking too.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
STAR WARS":3lxw7nkz said:
Seymour":3lxw7nkz said:
OP......You lost me at "Chickens".

A little touchy here ...... but I've referred to the Hawks as the SeaChickens forever. Because it's funny ..... no disrespect intended. I very much respect the Hawks team...... and I think most of my comments have backed that up.

Hell......I'll give them huge props for battling to be in this position. Going into the season, you had a lot of turnover, no proven fix to your oline, the earl thomas drama etc. I thought you were in for a "restart" season on a lot of levels and there were solid reasons to believe that. Hawks steadied the ship from a rough start in exactly the same way the Cowboys have. That's what makes this game awesome....... and if you are big football fan, you live for games like this.

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: To a good game. That our Hawks will win. Thanks for being a solid enemy fan and not being a bag of douche. Cheers

semiahmoo

Reaction score
This thread be like...

tenor.gif

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Hope you guys and gals have put this game and your season into perspective..... and have calmed down all of the "fire and burn so and so and etc".

Anyone who had watched the tape knew this was going to be a good close game that could have easily been tipped to either team. The Dallas Cowboys took a very big step in being able to compete with Wilson, Carroll and the entire Hawks organization. Whats even more remarkable is that we did that with the youngest team in the NFL.

I would have bet money that your Hawks were going nowhere near the playoffs when the season started....... and with the Cowboys turnover and youth, I didn't think we would either. Both teams showed some serious stones and leadership (both coaches and players) to get to that game. There is no reason to think both teams will not be playing in January next year.

Want to clear up a mis communication from my first post....... as some folks thought I was bragging about not posting until we won in 2014. Not the case...... what I meant to say is that I only posted here BEFORE games that I thought were going to be good ones and that we had a solid chance to win. (thus I had nothing to say before our early season game )

Now.....I'm about to go let some Rams fans know the bad news for this weekend :)