Post mortem

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I’m sure if we had a minute to get into FG position, Russ would carve up the Rams like Goff did.
Every week that happens. It’s not Pete’s fault. It was inevitable in today’s offensive era.

Rams are a great team with all pros everywhere and great offensive mind for a coach. Beating them by any means is solid. Especially given our young secondary and skill players. We have Russ and that was the difference. Goff was solid but Riss was lights out.

I expect in December it will come down to the last play too. Buckle up. These games are like the old SF-Sea games of 2012-2014.

TreeRon

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1h83k1k9 said:
Giving up 29 points with this defense is completely reasonable.

But giving up the sidelines and allowing teams to march up the field because we are so scared to give up anything long that we give massive cushions and complete access to the sidelines? No excuse.

It wasn't like they were marching up the field in 1 minute on every drive. But end of half and end of game, we conceded way too much - I would rather give up the long TD, honestly. At least the % chance of the opponent being successful on those plays is far lower.

We gave them the sidelines and almost lost this game because of it.

Even a great offense should not regularly march 50 yards down the field in a minute. That is on the DC, I don't think you can spin it any other way.

I agree and I said as much on the game thread.