Pre-OTA photos

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
See him at LA Fitness every once in a while. His arms are definitely bigger on camera than in person. He's built, but these pics make him look ridiculous.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
chihawk":1tpjhlfi said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1tpjhlfi said:
I don't like Robert Turbin's obsession with hulking his arms... hopefully he just spends the rest of the off-season making his legs stronger so he has some counter balance to being so top heavy.

I was kind of thinking along the same lines....why would a RB need to have such huge arms. I understand legs, shoulders, body in general...but what good does enormous biceps do for you?

Chicks.. Duh.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
tempcst_K2V0059--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Pryor = too tall to be the Seahawks' QB

A

Anonymous

DavidSeven":w6v8v83j said:
... some carry it all in their butt. It doesn't take "bizarre genetics." People (men and woman alike) are built differently, carry weight differently...

Like my butt, for example, it is just two skinny legs ending at the base of a crooked spine.

I believe they call it: "Noassatall". :angry017:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":10y9vlvr said:
DavidSeven":10y9vlvr said:
... some carry it all in their butt. It doesn't take "bizarre genetics." People (men and woman alike) are built differently, carry weight differently...

Like my butt, for example, it is just two skinny legs ending at the base of a crooked spine.

I believe they call it: "Noassatall". :angry017:

As opposed to Ken Griffey, Jr., who carried 600 HRs worth of power in his posterior.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
LOL at anyone criticizing Turbin's arms.

OMG our RB has huge arms, he isn't focusing enough on the rest of this body!

Because one is only allotted so much lean mass to add to his body, right? Not possible to have big arms and a strong lower body....

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":sipd7thf said:
chihawk":sipd7thf said:
Pandion Haliaetus":sipd7thf said:
I don't like Robert Turbin's obsession with hulking his arms... hopefully he just spends the rest of the off-season making his legs stronger so he has some counter balance to being so top heavy.

I was kind of thinking along the same lines....why would a RB need to have such huge arms. I understand legs, shoulders, body in general...but what good does enormous biceps do for you?

Chicks.. Duh.
Too Funny.

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1otgs4vj said:
chihawk":1otgs4vj said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1otgs4vj said:

Chicks.. Duh.

:retard_clap: Well done Sir. :th2thumbs:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":29xock8c said:
Pandion Haliaetus":29xock8c said:

I am sure you used science to come up with this.
No, he used one of these, but it was upside down.
Weeblewobble

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
We'll see how he does the preseason. The guy is transforming himself into more of a powerback that what he was at Utah St.

And ill be the first to admit that I took a backseat to my qualms about has he progressed over last season, and even watching the the Season Re-Cap dvd... Turbin does a lot of little things that people take for granted.

I really don't have anything against him... In my Locked and Loaded threaded I named him as a Lock but..

Cmon you're telling me unless they plan on moving him to FB that a guy needs to have basketballs for biceps. And I only said he needs to develop lower leg strength because the guy his easily brought down with ankle tackles because he has no balance. He has no balance because he's too top heavy. So he probably has been working on developing lower body strength but it won't mean much if he still top heavy.

Take Lynch for example... he doesn't really have a defined upperbody... he has mass... but its averagely defined, he isn't all yoked out... however, the dude has massive lower body strength which he compliments with his unique "drunken master" running style. And the results he's one of toughest RBs in football to bring down.

Turbin while I respect his all-around ability and his growth has a power runner, he's one of the easiest RBs to bring down in football... I don't need anything but logic to figure its because his massive upper body makes it hard for him to keep his balance.

There is a reason why while football players are some of the strongest athletes in the world... they still don't look like disgustingly massive body builders.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2t1558ov said:
We'll see how he does the preseason. The guy is transforming himself into more of a powerback that what he was at Utah St.

And ill be the first to admit that I took a backseat to my qualms about has he progressed over last season, and even watching the the Season Re-Cap dvd... Turbin does a lot of little things that people take for granted.

I really don't have anything against him... In my Locked and Loaded threaded I named him as a Lock but..

Cmon you're telling me unless they plan on moving him to FB that a guy needs to have basketballs for biceps. And I only said he needs to develop lower leg strength because the guy his easily brought down with ankle tackles because he has no balance. He has no balance because he's too top heavy. So he probably has been working on developing lower body strength but it won't mean much if he still top heavy.

Take Lynch for example... he doesn't really have a defined upperbody... he has mass... but its averagely defined, he isn't all yoked out... however, the dude has massive lower body strength which he compliments with his unique "drunken master" running style. And the results he's one of toughest RBs in football to bring down.

Turbin while I respect his all-around ability and his growth has a power runner, he's one of the easiest RBs to bring down in football... I don't need anything but logic to figure its because his massive upper body makes it hard for him to keep his balance.

There is a reason why while football players are some of the strongest athletes in the world... they still don't look like disgustingly massive body builders.

You might just be over thinking the whole damn thing.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":fpyel153 said:
Some people are built top heavy, some carry a lot of muscle in their legs and some carry it all in their butt. It doesn't take "bizarre genetics." People (men and woman alike) are built differently, carry weight differently. I really doubt it has anything to do with a specific training program. Turbin can still probably squat at least 3x as much as anyone who has posted in this thread.

Yeah, some dudes are top heavy. They're called bros. They work their Hollywood Pump and don't get in the squat rack because it will "hurt their knees" and won't deadlift because it will "hurt their back". Nobody seems to realize that these chicken-leg fools aren't actually strong unless they can get you in a bear hug.

A grown man who trains properly will have a higher cross sectional area in his thighs than in his arms. The muscle belly volume and number of muscles is much larger near the core of the body (particularly in the lower part) than the arms. People who don't train strength have more variation like you're talking about, but people who adhere to non-stupid strength programming and eat reasonably aren't all over the map.

Turbin can't squat 3x as much as me, and I'm not particularly big or strong. If he squatted 3x as me, he'd be squatting over 1000 pounds full range of motion. I'd be surprised if he could handle twice what I can, and I'd be even more surprised if there weren't multiple people on this board that are far stronger than I. The raw powerlifting squat record for Turbin's weight class is 783 pounds. Even if Turbin had the same squat, 1/3rd of that is 260 pounds. There are women, who aren't particularly large, that can squat nearly 300 pounds. Any able bodied non-elderly man Turbin's height can squat over 400 pounds if they train correctly.

Either Turbin trained his arms excessively over time and didn't squat/deadlift as much or he's quite the outlier.

Anguish

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1per9akm said:
Some people are built top heavy, some carry a lot of muscle in their legs and some carry it all in their butt. It doesn't take "bizarre genetics." People (men and woman alike) are built differently, carry weight differently. I really doubt it has anything to do with a specific training program. Turbin can still probably squat at least 3x as much as anyone who has posted in this thread.

Just had to post... ;)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2v5z3dw1 said:
DavidSeven":2v5z3dw1 said:

Yeah, some dudes are top heavy. They're called bros. They work their Hollywood Pump and don't get in the squat rack because it will "hurt their knees" and won't deadlift because it will "hurt their back". Nobody seems to realize that these chicken-leg fools aren't actually strong unless they can get you in a bear hug.

A grown man who trains properly will have a higher cross sectional area in his thighs than in his arms. The muscle belly volume and number of muscles is much larger near the core of the body (particularly in the lower part) than the arms. People who don't train strength have more variation like you're talking about, but people who adhere to non-stupid strength programming and eat reasonably aren't all over the map.

Turbin can't squat 3x as much as me, and I'm not particularly big or strong. If he squatted 3x as me, he'd be squatting over 1000 pounds full range of motion. I'd be surprised if he could handle twice what I can, and I'd be even more surprised if there weren't multiple people on this board that are far stronger than I. The raw powerlifting squat record for Turbin's weight class is 783 pounds. Even if Turbin had the same squat, 1/3rd of that is 260 pounds. There are women, who aren't particularly large, that can squat nearly 300 pounds. Any able bodied non-elderly man Turbin's height can squat over 400 pounds if they train correctly.

Either Turbin trained his arms excessively over time and didn't squat/deadlift as much or he's quite the outlier.

Lol

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Anguish":22l1ungi said:
DavidSeven":22l1ungi said:

Just had to post... ;)
You should post a bit more often because your avatar amuses me and is Da Bomb. :lol:

Anguish

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":11bbs4ll said:
Anguish":11bbs4ll said:
DavidSeven":11bbs4ll said:

Just had to post... ;)
You should post a bit more often because your avatar amuses me and is Da Bomb. :lol:

Self portrait...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Anguish":5z2erm62 said:
MizzouHawkGal":5z2erm62 said:
Anguish":5z2erm62 said:
DavidSeven":5z2erm62 said:

Just had to post... ;)

Self portrait...
Hope to meet you someday. Nobody as talented as yourself is THAT pissed.:)