Pre-OTA photos

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the plan is for Pryor but I'd love to see what he cod do after catching a swing pass. The kid is big and fast.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1lcepz2s said:
I'm not sure what the plan is for Pryor but I'd love to see what he cod do after catching a swing pass. The kid is big and fast.
They really think he is a quarterback and I don't see them using him as a WR after what we did in the draft. As it is we have too many good wide receivers and a couple of good ones will be with other teams come September.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Good grief I can see why Pryor is in the league after really not showing much in college at QB.

That guy is huge and insanely fast for his size. No wonder he did the ol' "2 reads and run" at Oakland.

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2rwlc6y9 said:
I don't like Robert Turbin's obsession with hulking his arms... hopefully he just spends the rest of the off-season making his legs stronger so he has some counter balance to being so top heavy.

Love Turbin but he is shaped like a "yield sign."

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
kearly":26aux2qr said:
tempcst_K2V0059--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Another 4-0 preseason, it's as easy as...

THIS KEARLY!

nategreat

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2okl31a8 said:
DavidSeven":2okl31a8 said:
Some people are built top heavy, some carry a lot of muscle in their legs and some carry it all in their butt. It doesn't take "bizarre genetics." People (men and woman alike) are built differently, carry weight differently. I really doubt it has anything to do with a specific training program. Turbin can still probably squat at least 3x as much as anyone who has posted in this thread.

Yeah, some dudes are top heavy. They're called bros. They work their Hollywood Pump and don't get in the squat rack because it will "hurt their knees" and won't deadlift because it will "hurt their back". Nobody seems to realize that these chicken-leg fools aren't actually strong unless they can get you in a bear hug.

A grown man who trains properly will have a higher cross sectional area in his thighs than in his arms. The muscle belly volume and number of muscles is much larger near the core of the body (particularly in the lower part) than the arms. People who don't train strength have more variation like you're talking about, but people who adhere to non-stupid strength programming and eat reasonably aren't all over the map.

Turbin can't squat 3x as much as me, and I'm not particularly big or strong. If he squatted 3x as me, he'd be squatting over 1000 pounds full range of motion. I'd be surprised if he could handle twice what I can, and I'd be even more surprised if there weren't multiple people on this board that are far stronger than I. The raw powerlifting squat record for Turbin's weight class is 783 pounds. Even if Turbin had the same squat, 1/3rd of that is 260 pounds. There are women, who aren't particularly large, that can squat nearly 300 pounds. Any able bodied non-elderly man Turbin's height can squat over 400 pounds if they train correctly.

Either Turbin trained his arms excessively over time and didn't squat/deadlift as much or he's quite the outlier.

I'd like to see you tell this to Robert Turbin, face to face. :roll:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
nategreat":ndt92d5z said:
I'd like to see you tell this to Robert Turbin, face to face. :roll:
Ouch!!
Can you imagine how much better Marshawn Lynch could run, if he had arms like that? :roll: