Predict the changes to the coaching staff!

original poster

Reaction score
The OC is gone. I read on Twitter that 2 names are in discussion already. Both currently QB coaches in the NFC.

QB coach is gone.

I’d say there’s a good chance cable is gone as well but very much depends who would be available. I wouldn’t imagine being the o line coach for the Seahawks is the most jumpers for role. I bet coaches would queue up to run the offense, though.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
original poster":3fbd1bcc said:
The OC is gone. I read on Twitter that 2 names are in discussion already. Both currently QB coaches in the NFC.

QB coach is gone.

I’d say there’s a good chance cable is gone as well but very much depends who would be available. I wouldn’t imagine being the o line coach for the Seahawks is the most jumpers for role. I bet coaches would queue up to run the offense, though.
What are they waiting for?Let the heads roll!

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
original poster":tzthlkbv said:

QB coach is gone.

Who?? Can you enlighten those of us without Twitter accounts? Thanks in advance!

original poster

Reaction score
Just checked and DeFilippo was one, the other wasn’t named.

This came from Davis Hsu so take from that what you will.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
original poster":2y4raey6 said:

:p

HawkerD

Reaction score
Part of me thinks there will be zero significant changes. On the other hand if there are one or two (Bevell / Cable / QB coach) then I think the team is serious about improving.

I'd love to know what goes on behind the scenes. Are the talent evaluators bringing good people to the table just to have JS and PC go in other directions. If thats the case then the problem runs deeper. They aren't going to fire themselves!

I think PC and JS put too much emphasis on Physical attributesand not enough on mental attitude and football IQ. they got lucky early on with guys like KJ, Wags, Earl and Kam but have failed miserably since 2013. I would say Tyler Lockett is the only exception and possibly Frank Clark.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
original poster":2gmv48vh said:

Alex Van Pelt from Green Bay was the other. Not sure how much stock I put into Hsu, but if he's right on DeFilippo, I'm happy. I like the Eagles offensive staff.

Would rather have Reich.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":2cp0w5af said:
original poster":2cp0w5af said:

QB coach is gone.

Who?? Can you enlighten those of us without Twitter accounts? Thanks in advance!

DISCLAIMER: This is DAVIS HSU. Not sure if he actually has a real source.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/947705819755290625[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/947705997740539904[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/947707809591734272[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/947710388807786496[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/947711444769849344[/tweet]

mistaowen

Reaction score
DeFillipo is an intriguing name, young smart guy. Browns offense wasn't bad when he was OC with no talent at all and I'm sure he played a part in Carson wentz's sophomore jump. Would love to bring over some of their scheme and playcalls, maybe we could get some offensive line coaching as well. Those guys are impressive.

original poster

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3cdhzqk7 said:
original poster":3cdhzqk7 said:

Alex Van Pelt from Green Bay was the other. Not sure how much stock I put into Hsu, but if he's right on DeFilippo, I'm happy. I like the Eagles offensive staff.

Would rather have Reich.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
If we could make it happen:

Chris Peterson or David Shaw OC/ASS head coach
Walt Jones OL coach
Peyton Manning QB coach

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I feel like many of these predictions are more wishful thinking. The front office clearly doesn't feel the same way about the coaches as the fans do (at least they haven't the last couple years). I would honestly be surprised to see Bevell fired. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless.

Pete will probably do everything he can to promote Cable for other jobs, sparing him the awkwardness of firing him, and maybe he shuffles some position coaches. But I haven't seen anything to make me believe Bevell will actually be fired. Frankly, if Cable doesn't get a promotion elsewhere, I don't think he'll be fired either.

the X-factor here is Paul Allen. If the owner steps in and demands changes, then he could force Pete's hand. But he's usually pretty standoff-ish, so I don't know if I expect that either.

Basically, Pete needs to decides for himself if he's fine with the status quo, or if he's willing to make bold strokes. And if he's fine with the status quo, then he's the one who needs to be fired.

Seymour

Reaction score
Is a new OC going to change the DL nearly taking our RB's hand off in the backfield? Is he going to open holes for the run game coordinator Cable? Is he going to choose olinemen that actually fit the ZBS scheme? Is he going to help us to draft a quality olineman for the first time in 3 years? Is he going to convert the NFL's highest amount of resource spent on oline in 6 years into more than a turnstile liability?

If we can answer yes to these questions, then I'm all for dumping the OC (only) instead of Cable.

No new OC has a prayer with Cable still here calling his shots on the running game and picking his linemen for him.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
northseahawk":1q602jvz said:
HomerJHawk":1q602jvz said:
Just...please...Dear God, hire someone who can run a full 4 quarter offense built to move the ball on a regular basis. That's all I humby ask.

What about a qb that could get a first down in the first quarter for once?!

Sir please tell me you don’t think out of all of this our QB is to blame, the dude literally had to try and do it all himself this year

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
None. Pete will refuse to hold underperforming assistant coaches accountable, and Paul Allen will not fire Pete. So nothing will change

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Tired of our oline performance Paul Allen steals Mike Munchak from Pittsburgh then brings in Brock as our new OC! Next he flies to LA and convinces Gus Bradley to return.

THE TABS

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind; coordinators cannot leave unilaterally for another team. It has to be for a promotion, meaning HC or AHC, unless their contracts are up.

Jim Caldwell and Ben McAdoo are now available for OC, as is Jack Del Rio for DC. I would love to have Del Rio, but I don’t see Kris Richard leaving, unless he’s offered a HC out of the blue.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
THE TABS":3jlhpio5 said:
One thing to keep in mind; coordinators cannot leave unilaterally for another team. It has to be for a promotion, meaning HC or AHC, unless their contracts are up.

Jim Caldwell and Ben McAdoo are now available for OC, as is Jack Del Rio for DC. I would love to have Del Rio, but I don’t see Kris Richard leaving, unless he’s offered a HC out of the blue.
What about Bruce Arians?