Predictions: Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman contracts.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Didn't Marcus Trufant sign a 6 year deal for $50 million back then? If he could get it, then I don't see why Sherman or Earl can't get that type of deal like that.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ That would be a discount. Sherman signs for slightly less for 5 years or more for 6 years....

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Sherman
Years: 6
Total Salary: $72 million
Guaranteed: $30 million

Thomas
Years: 5
Total Salary: $50 million
Guaranteed: $25 million

Dreo

Reaction score
I play Madden 25 on the PS4 in Owner mode (Paul Allen handed over the Seahawks to me) and these were the numbers Sherman and Thomas III agreed to under my stewardship:

Sherman: 6 years, $51M, $18M signing bonus.
Thomas III: 5 years, $32.5M, $5M signing bonus.

Probably totally unrealistic on a number of levels (especially Thomas) but they both accepted so w/e.

kigenzun

Reaction score
5 for 50 with 25 guaranteed. EACH.

Both these players realize they need to keep it within reason to be able to afford the rest of the TEAM.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

rideaducati

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2547zt48 said:
Revis signed a one year contract. Not really a good benchmark for Sherman. He would likely prefer higher guarantees, even if it meant a lower average salary.

I think you're wrong...Revis wants to be the highest paid corner EVERY YEAR and doesn't give a damn about a long term deal. Proof is in the contracts he has signed and the whining while under contract every year with the jets.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
rideaducati":3g3407iu said:
DavidSeven":3g3407iu said:
Revis signed a one year contract. Not really a good benchmark for Sherman. He would likely prefer higher guarantees, even if it meant a lower average salary.

I think you're wrong...Revis wants to be the highest paid corner EVERY YEAR and doesn't give a damn about a long term deal. Proof is in the contracts he has signed and the whining while under contract every year with the jets.

What does that have to do with what Sherman would do?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think whats being forgotten is if we sign them to a new contract we are giving them (especially Sherman) a heck of a lot more than they would be earning. Sherman would earn about 6.5 million per year if we were to let him play out his contract then franchise him. This will be part of the negotiations and should give the Seahawks some negotiating power. I think the numbers for Sherman over 10 to 12 million are highly pessimistic fantastical what have you.
I also think Thomas will be earning some thing just under 10 mill per year maybe less. Anything over ten for Thomas is insane.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Yeah that was my point. They are currently under contract and us extending them(which is a new contract) would be a favor to them really, especially Sherman.For the kind of money that is being thrown around here we could keep Sherman this year and franchise him twice and it would still be cheaper than some of the silly numbers stated in this thread.

mikeak

Reaction score
No an extension is added to the end of this so it doesn't impact this year.

Yes you could franchise him and make sure he never plays for you for the rest if his career

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Clearly Earl just got a lot of money thus I am predicting that Sherm's contract will also consist of a lot of money. I know it may be a bold statement, but I am a bold type of guy.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
tooshort":35gvzk8w said:
Sherman

6 years
73.5 mil
32.5 guaranteed

ET
5 Years
52.5 Mil
27.5 guaranteed
Not a bad guess on Earl's guaranteed money.;)

Sherman
5 years
62.5 million
35 guaranteed

GawksAtHawks

Reaction score
Sherman
4 years
50 million
32 million guaranteed
16 million signing bonus

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Thomas 4 years 40 million with over 27 guaranteed. I forgot to post this before it happened but I totally did predict this. Just ask me.

tooshort

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":h6ge4das said:
tooshort":h6ge4das said:
Sherman

6 years
73.5 mil
32.5 guaranteed

ET
5 Years
52.5 Mil
27.5 guaranteed
Not a bad guess on Earl's guaranteed money.;)

Sherman
5 years
62.5 million
35 guaranteed

Since my ET guess was over by a year and 12.5 million ...
My revised Sherm Contract should be 5 years 61 million 32.5 guaranteed :thirishdrinkers:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm goin' bold. Five years, $38m guaranteed, $54m deal. Sherman takes a bit of a "max cut" to have more guaranteed dough.