Problem with Woolen?

knownone

Reaction score
Woolen seems fine. Other teams didn't target him much last season because Jackson and Bryant weren't great in coverage. This season, Witherspoon and Brown are playing at a high level, so teams are going after Woolen more.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I think he’s fine. However I also don’t agree with a lot of Brock’s takes. They to me always seem off in some way. Idk shit wording sorry.

but yeah I think Woolen is fine. I think as someone said this yr unlike last he’s being targeted more.. then there’s games where it seems like nothings ever happening near him, but he’s still doing just fine.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don’t agree.

Last year, of course since Tariq was a rookie, he got tested early and often.

Now, since he’s in this second year and they have film on him, offenses know what he is capable of, so, they also know how to attack him offensively, however, he has not played badly.

When you are the microscope and you are not putting up 3-5 interceptions right now, you are considered not as good, one or playing well?? That makes no sense to me.

I don’t see Tariq has not playing well, he just isn’t challenged as much. Woolen is largely playing against his prior season numbers at this time. The media also wants to see two corners instead of one corner so if one is considered to be playing well, it makes the other seem like they aren’t playing well. I think that’s wrong.

Remember when Sherman was pro bowl and all pro, did that make it seem the guy on the other side wasn’t a good player??

I hate that thought, if you have one “good” corner, it makes the other corner not as “good.”

Witherspoon has gotten a lot of positive attention this season and rightfully so but it doesn’t mean Woolen is a bad player by any means.

I think they are making stories out of nothing and hoping it’ll catch on. If they want to make a story they should make one about why Seattle can’t out together a good offensive line instead…

sutz

Reaction score
Meh, sophomore slump. Not worried long term. Like has been pointed out, he's getting targetted more this year because of Spoon and because opponents have a full season of tape on him. Hopefully he comes around, though he doesn't need to "come around" all that much. He's still a very good CB.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
he's a shadow of his former self. Crazy drop off in play that I attribute to coming off an injury and retarded name change. Who changes their name to "Reek"?

bileever

Reaction score
Woolen's probably still getting over the knee surgery he had this summer. He also sustained a chest injury early in the season that caused him to miss practices and also sit out the Panthers game. Hopefully he'll soon be fully healthy and back to being his old self.

But it's not like he's been terrible. And both Tre Brown and Michael Jackson have been playing great, so the secondary, as a whole, has been solid. If we could just get a little more pressure . . .

cymatica

Reaction score
All I know is that shoulder "tackle" he tried on the Ravens RB from behind was the biggest c'mon man moment I've seen this year. Nearly helped him get a td

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I’d like to see how many times he’s targeted. I recall Deon Sanders going weeks without having a ball thrown his way. He was hardly sucking it up.

keasley45

Reaction score
He's young. I wouldn't be at all surprised if a small bit of his issues are around him seeing the recognition he has. It's hard for a kid to not let the media go to your head a little bit. It only take a slight distraction or loss of focus to slip from great to really good. Last year he was fighting for a job. This year he came in with his job assured- something I don't think they should have given him.

The LOB was great because in the early years they were all fighting for respect and recognition. And when they got it, they also happened to find incredible success... together. So the motivation shifted seemlessly from individual recognition, to how do we stake our claim as the best D of all time.

Our unit? We've got talent popping up in spots, but it's all amidst a unit that is overall average, so the mental framework for some of these guys is still probably more 'me', than 'we'. Because 'we' often sucks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He seems to be playing a somewhat tentatively so far and his truly exceptional speed seems to be missing so far which indicates to me he may be playing with some injury or another or is still recovering.

toffee

Reaction score
He seems to be playing a somewhat tentatively so far and his truly exceptional speed seems to be missing so far which indicates to me he may be playing with some injury or another or is still recovering.
I agree

Vesuve

Reaction score
Here is some very telling tape on Woolen against the Cowboys. Starts with Spoon, though.

Not the whole game of course but look at these plays.

Last edited: