Proof that refs are calling the games one sided

lukerguy

Reaction score
I agree that Seattle shouldn't focus on penalties. I also agree that it's weak.

I am simply arguing that it's not the same as the browns winning the SB at 1/32 teams.

For the 1000th time, the stat that is disconcerting the number of penalties the Seahawks OPPONENTS NORMALLY RECEIVE VS. THE AMOUNT THEY RECEIVE WHILE PLAYING SEATTLE. We lead the league for 2.5 years straight in seeing our opponents penalized less than they normally do. That's not the same as the Browns winning the SB or us being the MOST penalized team.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
lukerguy":27xnnj8v said:
The reason the dice analogy isn't as far off as some of you suggest is because I believe you don't quite understand the penalty situation.

The opposing teams have been flagged on average less while playing the Seahawks than playing every other team for two and a half years straight. This has nothing to do with the Seahawks taking many penalties.

The Saints were often penalized this year (top 4 in the league), and somehow managed only 1 penalty all game.

The theory suggests that if the refs were completely, completely impartial the chances of the Seahawks being the same team two years straight to have their opponents flagged less than they normally do on average is about 1/1000.

The team who's opponent gets flagged less on average than they normally do vs the other teams on the schedule should be a completely random occurrence.

It is far off, because you don't quite understand math.

Rolling dice is a random(ish) process. Football games, and the penalties called within them, are not.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":6i79lb1m said:
Complaining about the refs is weak. Don't be weak.

Teams should expect an even playing field.

When that doesn't happen, you better believe the topic will be raised.

Calling it weak is odd. This isnt a measure your junk man contest.

Fair should be an expectation.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ignoring the fact that there were some VERY iffy calls is weak.
It's not WHY they lost, but to act like complaining (which is part of sports) is somehow weak? :?

Latest posts