Prosise doubtful

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1byz3731 said:
Or Atlanta jumping out to a lead could have the Seahawks abandoning the run.

There's a reason Atlanta only had 307 rushing attempts against the entire season... 19.2 attempts per game which is among the lowest in the league.

Because other teams were behind and in throw mode.

Kind of goes both ways buddy... If your Defense can't stop the Seahawks running game i.e. Rawls and if by chance Seahawks break out the RPO with Wilson... And the Seahawks control T.O.P. for 35-40 minutes.

How many points is your offense gonna score within that time if that happens against the best D in the NFL?

Seahawks shut down your running game and your offense for 3 QTRs.

The pass rush that harassed Ryan is now going to be better with Frank Clark being in this game and Bennett playing the whole game. Those guys are excellent run defenders as well.

The LBer corps are better as well... Wagner and Wright (quietly) are elite. But the last time you've faced us we had a DE, WLB, and MLB filling in at SAM. Mike Morgan was the starter at SAM before going to I.R. and is back. Out of the guys that were filling in for him, he's the guy with the most experience and the most well rounded and the next LBer suited for SAM other than maybe Wright.

The secondary is relatively the same, you trade an Earl Thomas for a Kam Chancellor. Different players with different styles but I think the sum of what both bring are equal.

More so, I think the the drop off from Thomas to Terrell is less than the drop off to Chancellor to McCray was. Terrell cant replace Thomas but he does have the athleticism to do some of the things Thomas did if lesser. However, it's hard to emulate the energy and intimidation factors Kam brings to the table along with his smarts, communication, and leadership intangibles. When Kam lands a big hit, your skill position players are going to fear going in the middle.

Falcons have feasted on teams that couldn't stop thier RBs, teams that couldn't get Ryan off his game, teams with weak overall defenses that couldn't man up against thier WRs.

I'm not saying the Seahawks will replicate the success they had for 3 QTRs with a deeper , healthier team on paper than the one you faced earlier this season. Im just saying the pieces are there and if the Seahawks come rolling on all cylinders and are allowed to play their game and execute it without major mistakes... They are going to be tough to beat.

And just to add something that relevant to the OP topic, be grateful if Prosise doesnt dress for this game because what he brings to the table is somewhat like a Le'veon Bell type weapon.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He was a full participant in practice today. Doubtful seems like a strong designation.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3w0hizb5 said:
He was a full participant in practice today. Doubtful seems like a strong designation.

Pete said hes a GTD.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm thinking, we use him on a few designated plays.

What great news and a weapon they can;t game plan for.

Coug Hawk has an Epic ass.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1nu9tshk said:

A funny thing happened on the way to the Atlanta Forum perhaps.

Indeed, on contrary to the original report, I'd wager he plays and contributes Sat.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1oo2rwyk said:
This is from Pete per Kapadia:

Pete Carroll on C.J. Prosise: "He made it through practice all this week. We'll just take it day to day and take it to the stadium and see how it goes. He's regaining his confidence to get going again. It's been awhile, seven weeks or something like that. He took a lot of turns yesterday and again today. So he's just getting back. Not sure how we're going to do that. But we'll check him after the whole week's work on Friday and see how it goes and then all the way to gameday."

That is what I heard today on the presser.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
I think he ends up playing and plays limited but still makes an impact

Largent80

Reaction score
“He made it through practice all this week,” Carroll said. “We’ll just take it day to day, take it to the stadium and see how it goes.
“He’s regaining his confidence and kind of getting going again. It has been a while, seven weeks or something like that. He took a lot of turns yesterday and today, so he’s just getting back. We’re not sure how we’re going to do that, but we’ll check him after the whole week’s work on Friday and see how it goes all the way to game day… He did practice all this week, so that’s a really good sign. So we’ll see what happens.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/01/12 ... y-mcdaniel

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I hope he can contribute something even if he is limited

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Largent80":3i2vradk said:
“He made it through practice all this week,” Carroll said. “We’ll just take it day to day, take it to the stadium and see how it goes.
“He’s regaining his confidence and kind of getting going again. It has been a while, seven weeks or something like that. He took a lot of turns yesterday and today, so he’s just getting back. We’re not sure how we’re going to do that, but we’ll check him after the whole week’s work on Friday and see how it goes all the way to game day… He did practice all this week, so that’s a really good sign. So we’ll see what happens.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/01/12 ... y-mcdaniel

"He did practice all week" tells me that Prosise is essentially good to go but his other comments make it sound like he may be hesitant to get hit. Even with that in mind, I still think his upside makes him more worthy of being active on Saturday than either McKissic or Terrence McGee.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I think a great example of the lack of character from ATL fans is the petition to get future to sing the bational anthem. Shows how putrid that fan base really is.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":3i7jwc4l said:
I think a great example of the lack of character from ATL fans is the petition to get future to sing the bational anthem. Shows how putrid that fan base really is.

I would not judge a whole fan base on something like that. Didn't we have guys petitioning announcers for a game. San Fran had guys petition about crowd noise. Every fan base has there douche bag contingency. It's built in with the human race.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":xeh6ylcq said:
Seahwkgal":xeh6ylcq said:
No surprise. I can't believe that people actually thought he was gonna play this week. I have put him out of my mind for the season.

Yeah it's crazy how fans would get excited since an impact rookie was practicing and had a shot to play. What idiots! :roll:
LOL. I think you took that wrong or I projected that wrong. Regardless, IMO his injury was serious and the original prognosis wasn't good so that is why I put him out of my mind for the season. I would LOVE to have him back, don't get me wrong on that.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3qaaapee said:
Foghawk":3qaaapee said:
There's a reason Atlanta only scored 3 points in the 1st half of their weak 6 game.

There's also a reason Michael Bennett was taken out in that game...

I doubt he's suffering from short term memory loss so hopefully he'll remember to keep the late hits on Ryan out of his game.

Ya'll enjoy your thread.

You really need to get a life dude.

chris98251

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2r4f4i4z said:
Foghawk":2r4f4i4z said:
There's a reason Atlanta only scored 3 points in the 1st half of their weak 6 game.

There's also a reason Michael Bennett was taken out in that game...

I doubt he's suffering from short term memory loss so hopefully he'll remember to keep the late hits on Ryan out of his game.

Ya'll enjoy your thread.

You think Pete or Bennett give to shits to the wind if he hits your China Doll a second late, unless he pile drives him no flag, try stopping 300 pounds at full speed in one second on a stop watch. If we get a flag the defense will step up, Matty Ice Cream will remember and feel that hit longer then that penalty will affect our team.

London12

Reaction score
Game time decision! Would be great to have him as that extra option.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1qnl5o8n said:
FalconsFanNW":1qnl5o8n said:
Or Atlanta jumping out to a lead could have the Seahawks abandoning the run.

There's a reason Atlanta only had 307 rushing attempts against the entire season... 19.2 attempts per game which is among the lowest in the league.

Because other teams were behind and in throw mode.

Kind of goes both ways buddy... If your Defense can't stop the Seahawks running game i.e. Rawls and if by chance Seahawks break out the RPO with Wilson... And the Seahawks control T.O.P. for 35-40 minutes.

Not sure why you guys think that after 1 home game vs Detroit that Rawls is the reincarnation of Marshawn Lynch.

It was just 2 weeks ago you had 80 yards rushing against the worst run D in the league.;. 32nd ranked SF.

Rawls averaged what? 39 YPG during the season? Yeah... color us scared.

zchurch74

Reaction score
This is the playoffs it's Do or Die. even at 75% he needs to play. We need every weapon available on Saturday.