Prosise doubtful

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3ojt1z3v said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3ojt1z3v said:
FalconsFanNW":3ojt1z3v said:
Or Atlanta jumping out to a lead could have the Seahawks abandoning the run.

There's a reason Atlanta only had 307 rushing attempts against the entire season... 19.2 attempts per game which is among the lowest in the league.

Because other teams were behind and in throw mode.

Kind of goes both ways buddy... If your Defense can't stop the Seahawks running game i.e. Rawls and if by chance Seahawks break out the RPO with Wilson... And the Seahawks control T.O.P. for 35-40 minutes.

Not sure why you guys think that after 1 home game vs Detroit that Rawls is the reincarnation of Marshawn Lynch.

It was just 2 weeks ago you had 80 yards rushing against the worst run D in the league.;. 32nd ranked SF.

Rawls averaged what? 39 YPG during the season? Yeah... color us scared.

Rawls was injured a large part of season. When healthy this guy can roll. Look at last season when filling in for Lynch. Plus it is taking longer that we hoped but perhaps our Oline is starting to gel. Hawks football is predicated on the run. If we get that going you are in for along day.

BTW Detroit's Run D is on par with yours so if you are using those stats as a barometer then plan on getting gashed all day. It is not about stats it is about match ups.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":lwowodbd said:
Pandion Haliaetus":lwowodbd said:
FalconsFanNW":lwowodbd said:

There's a reason Atlanta only had 307 rushing attempts against the entire season... 19.2 attempts per game which is among the lowest in the league.

Kind of goes both ways buddy... If your Defense can't stop the Seahawks running game i.e. Rawls and if by chance Seahawks break out the RPO with Wilson... And the Seahawks control T.O.P. for 35-40 minutes.

Not sure why you guys think that after 1 home game vs Detroit that Rawls is the reincarnation of Marshawn Lynch.

It was just 2 weeks ago you had 80 yards rushing against the worst run D in the league.;. 32nd ranked SF.

Anything can happen. But Rawls had a great 2015; we know he has potential.

This year, he was largely playing injured when he played at all, behind a discombobulated line (three rookies) that hasn't been consistent with its assignments and without a real fullback. I dismiss the 49ers game as a division thing; division rivals always play you harder, even if the playoffs are out of reach.

And Atlanta's run defense is bad per DVOA, which accounts for game situation and strength of schedule. The "our opponents abandoned the run" line isn't entirely convincing.

As I said, anything can happen. But there's room for optimism. Teams with great offenses and bad defenses generally don't do well in the playoffs.

ARhawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2qcb6jv2 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2qcb6jv2 said:
FalconsFanNW":2qcb6jv2 said:

You're the only one saying Rawls is the "reincarnation of Marshawn Lynch". Where are you getting this? Nobody thinks that. Its also not after 1 home game. Did you watch any football last season? He led the league in YPA.

Rawls lack of production has been due to the terrible blocking from the line, and hes been dealing with nagging injuries. Most of last season he was getting decent blocking and was playing fantastic. Against Detroit he had good blocking and played fantastic. No running back in the league will put up good numbers when they are getting hit while receiving the handoff.

I know it sounds like common sense to say that he will do better with better blocking. But you dont seem to understand that he will also do worse with terrible blocking.

Obviously one game against Detroit doesnt mean the line will block like that every game now, but it did show what they are capable of. With it being the most recent game and Atlanta having a small front, hopefully that can carry that play into this game.

ACFan

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":d2uqim5o said:
Teams with great offenses and bad defenses generally don't do well in the playoffs.

agree,

teams that have the best combination of being able to stop the run, and run the ball themselves, usually do pretty good in the post-season.

If we can stay consistent running it, and make others beat us through the air only, (can't run it). I like our chances.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Sounds like it's a possibility he may get some snaps. I kind of hope we don't see him on the field, will probably mean things are going well. :irishdrinkers:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
He's going to play, he's going to want the ball and he's going to score.

That is all.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":351lsuaw said:

You could be right.....Could very well be wrong too.....One thing's for certain though...you're ASSUMING too much.

seabowl

Reaction score
Even if Prosise plays he will have minimal effect. He's been off too long and too new to the NFL to make a difference tomorrow. Just my opinion

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
He was dressed and running around even during pregame last week and supposedly continued through full practices this week. He must surely be ready to run a certain number of plays if called upon.

The much larger influence is likely to be Marcell Reese, the guy is a freaking 3-time Pro Bowler.

ACFan

Reaction score
seabowl":17acy051 said:
Even if Prosise plays he will have minimal effect. He's been off too long and too new to the NFL to make a difference tomorrow. Just my opinion

I thought that way too earlier when he'd been hurt the whole first half of the year but then got a chance to play.

Had a long TD play, so I wouldn't count him out on having an impact, I just hope his ball security is up to snuff, that's hard to get back after a layoff.

droop828

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":15isclm0 said:

Oh God, I can't wait to see you after this game. You better be here! I will tell you that much right freaking now, big boy! You better show your face!

getnasty

Reaction score
Prosise is a difference maker and a match up nightmare in the passing game. His Homerun ability would be huge.