Prosise Out Up to 8 Weeks

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Prosise in the Superbowl like Harvin, after all the injuries he's had I hope they fortified him with machine parts, then we can call him the Six Million Dollar Man when he runs in for a few TDs in the SB.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think Donte Moncreif had the same injury and missed 5 weeks, so that might be best case scenario.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3koozdx7 said:
HawkGA":3koozdx7 said:
290? This ain't college. I think you mean 330.

Average weight of DL + LB = 290.

There are not 11 330 pounders on a defense lol.. actually, there are very few in the NFL.

But it only takes one. He's not getting tackled by the average. :irishdrinkers:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck is right 8 weeks is worst case. I think he's back for our first playoff game and will play a role. Seriously doubt they shut him down, too valuable for us in the playoffs.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seahawks .com reported this.......

On Monday afternoon, Carroll confirmed that Prosise's scapula was fractured, and while he will avoid surgery to his shoulder -- "we’ve just got to wait through it and see how it goes,” Carroll said -- it will take a couple weeks before the Seahawks will know whether or not Prosise will be able to return this season.

We are given zero specifics as to how severe the "break" was nor are we told where the break was. The medical staff of the Seahawks will not share x -rays with us here on .net. Hence, this is simply a "wait and see" situation with this injury. Speculation is pointless.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I wonder why he gets these bone injuries? Not enough vitamins? Needs more padding on his bones? Needs to learn how to take heavy contact?

I think that one of the reasons is he is built more like a wide receiver than a running back. He looks kind of slight, but I'm not sure if added muscle is the way to go for him. He seems to be at his perfect weight for making cuts and hitting that 2nd gear.

I think that if he were to get some training from Sherman Smith, or hell, Shaun Alexander, he might be able to hit them piles and deliver blows instead of taking them.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":c3oswgrf said:
I wonder why he gets these bone injuries? Not enough vitamins? Needs more padding on his bones? Needs to learn how to take heavy contact?

I think that one of the reasons is he is built more like a wide receiver than a running back. He looks kind of slight, but I'm not sure if added muscle is the way to go for him. He seems to be at his perfect weight for making cuts and hitting that 2nd gear.

I think that if he were to get some training from Sherman Smith, or hell, Shaun Alexander, he might be able to hit them piles and deliver blows instead of taking them.

:lol:

It's a contact sport. S*** happens.

Just a rash of bad luck this year. Nothing you can do.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
One bone injury after another doesn't bode well for him. His build sorta reminds me of Thurmond. Terribly ironic that he has all of that ability, but his frame is not holding up. He probably doesn't want to bulk up his legs, but perhaps Carlisle can help add some thickness to his upper body to protect those frail bones.
Still, a scapula injury usually requires a great deal of force. I wonder which play it happened during.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

bigskydoc

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1rd6bb9j said:
SKYDOC..Imput please...

"Scapula fracture" is a pretty generic term, and all of the injuries that fall into that category are pretty rare, so it's difficult to make an accurate prediction.

One thing we can tell from the released info is that it likely isn't one of the serious scapula fractures that might lead to longer recovery time, and long-term sequelae, because all of those need surgical correction.

My best guess is that he will be cleared to practice in 6 weeks and will be back on the field in 8 weeks, assuming there isn't an associated injury requiring surgical intervention, like a rotator cuff tear.

Until they give us a better idea of the details of the injury, it will be difficult to comment much

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1tq2kit6 said:
One bone injury after another doesn't bode well for him. His build sorta reminds me of Thurmond. Terribly ironic that he has all of that ability, but his frame is not holding up. He probably doesn't want to bulk up his legs, but perhaps Carlisle can help add some thickness to his upper body to protect those frail bones.
Still, a scapula injury usually requires a great deal of force. I wonder which play it happened during.

But none of the injuries are connected to each other, which is great news. The kid has just had some bad luck in his rookie year. It happens all the time.

If he kept injuring an ankle or blew a knee or something - then yeah thats certainly very concerning, but the injuries he's had thus far are pretty flukey for the most part (crack in his hand, this scapula injury, tweaking a hammy in practice).

We're all bummed of course because in his limited action you can see how talented he is and what a huge difference he makes with our offense - but I wouldn't label him injury prone at all.

To be honest, of all the RB's on our roster, I'm more concerned of Rawls durability than Prosise's.

classicaaron

Reaction score
he needs to take some lessons from warrick dunn and avoid taking big hits. Dunn was always quoted as saying he fought for all the yards he could but when hes held up in a pile and knows hes not breaking it he just went down to avoid the big blast coming from everyone piling on. he was just a smart player to avoid the hits but yet was never considered a wimp. it worked for him to get over 10,000 yards and hes was a much smaller player.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":15i25o2k said:
IndyHawk":15i25o2k said:
SKYDOC..Imput please...

"Scapula fracture" is a pretty generic term, and all of the injuries that fall into that category are pretty rare, so it's difficult to make an accurate prediction.

One thing we can tell from the released info is that it likely isn't one of the serious scapula fractures that might lead to longer recovery time, and long-term sequelae, because all of those need surgical correction.

My best guess is that he will be cleared to practice in 6 weeks and will be back on the field in 8 weeks, assuming there isn't an associated injury requiring surgical intervention, like a rotator cuff tear.

Until they give us a better idea of the details of the injury, it will be difficult to comment much
Thank You.. :2thumbs:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Scapula fracture is OBVIOUSLY all about strength and conditioning. Fire Coach Carlisle. LOL, SMDH!