Put Rawls in and LEAVE him in!

mrt144

Reaction score
This might be crossing a line but maybe he should jerk off before the game.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Release Lacy and bring up Davis. Rawls is not the answer. We will need to draft high next year.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1uun5sqa said:
Release Lacy and bring up Davis. Rawls is not the answer. We will need to draft high next year.

Agree Lacy needs to go but Rawls is our best option for now. I would take 3.5 ypc right now. 2nd and 7 is better than 2nd and 11 with Lacy

Bobblehead

Reaction score
As much as i'd rather have Rawls in, I'm not sure PC has much confidence in him. Every time he was in, it seemed like..a passing down.. 3rd and long or somewhere in there. I hate RB by committee as it just wrecks any rhythm they gain. Just leave one or the other in the whole game and see what happens, doesn't work out.. play the next guy the following week.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
No. We have one running back who may possibly be something but he's hurt. The rest should stay home and Russ should hand the rock off to himself. Rawls was good at releiving Lynch after he softened up the d. Thats it and that's all he will ever be.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. Running back by committee doesn't work with a lot of backs. Many backs need to be able to get into the flow of the game and see how things are being defensed before they can start to get good runs and hit the creases. In my opinion it's extremely hard to find backs that can do the time share thing and still be effective. Most backs need those carries early and often to be effective.

If they don't think Rawls can hold up the whole year durability wise, then I would much rather see them alternate backs for games instead of within each game. One game ride Lacy as your feature back then the next Rawls. I also would not have the other active on days they are not the feature back, a true rest week.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Ummm ya I guess we don’t really have to many options so just leave him in at least he gets past the line of scrimmage (most times)

Seafan

Reaction score
He should never be in on passing downs. Let McKissic do that. The OL needs to get some push and until that happens the running game is going nowhere.

sc85sis

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":8hz6s5tp said:
No. We have one running back who may possibly be something but he's hurt. The rest should stay home and Russ should hand the rock off to himself. Rawls was good at releiving Lynch after he softened up the d. Thats it and that's all he will ever be.

It’s inaccurate to say Lynch softened up the D for Rawls. Rawls came into game three of the 2015 season after Lynch left the game with just a handful of carries. The other games Rawls started were games where Lynch didn’t play at all.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Rawls is about to take off.

LT and RG were KILLING Seattle's run game. They've fixed LT.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1xgvg7e1 said:
Cyrus12":1xgvg7e1 said:

Agree Lacy needs to go but Rawls is our best option for now. I would take 3.5 ypc right now. 2nd and 7 is better than 2nd and 11 with Lacy

Agreed cut Lacy he is a waste of a roster spot. Bring in Davis let him Rawls and JD carry the rock hopefully Procise can play some day.

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
How can you judge RBs right now? It's impossible. Lacy looks bad, Rawls looks bad, Carson and Prosise would look bad if they could play. This is 0% the RBs' fault and 100% the O-line's. We'll see how Brown impacts that.
Right now, there was no way for the RBs to look good. Put in Zeke or Bell or peak Emmitt Smith, they all would've looked bad.

getnasty

Reaction score
Lacy 2.6 ypc this year, Rawls is 2.0 to this year. Normally I would agree with the OP because Eddie Lacy looks like I slow turd but Rawls needs to calm down a little and run with more focus, he reminds me of Howard Dean every time he touches the field, YYYYAAAAWWW! Also I am all for putting it on the OL because a lot of it is there fault but Chris Carson didn't seem to have the problems Rawls and Lacy are so some of it falls on them too.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Our backs could benefit from learning to stiff arm like Russell does.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Carson has better vision than Rawls and is quicker to the hole than Lacy. And even he was getting only one or two long runs a game with this OL before he got hurt. This line allows penetration far too quickly. They don’t hold blocks nearly long enough. It was ridiculous the number of times Clowney was in the backfield at the handoff.

Hopefully Brown fixes some of those issues.

I’m with Rawls starting. He’s more dynamic than Lacy.

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
We'll see. Rees wasn't a tackle, but I think he might be a really good guard; Brown could affect the whole line.

Carson had 93 yards against SF, 34 against the Titans and 42 against Indi. Small sample and bad teams. Not saying he's not good, it's just almost impossible to look good with this run blocking.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Lacy looks slow and shows a surprising lack of power for a guy of his size. Rawls definitely needs more reps but it looks like it'll be the Lacy show on Sunday, we'll see if he looks any better with Brown in there. If he doesn't, I would hope that Rawls gets a chance next week.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If Lacy stinks it up this week, Rawls will get his turn.

I hope Lacy does well, cause Rawls makes me nervous as hell no matter what he's doing, carrying the ball, blocking and catching. He's managed to screw up all three phases.

Not sure what happened to him, but he's broken right now...........and has been for a good year.

erik2690

Reaction score
So maybe this stat doesn't mean much. I in fact admittedly am not too well versed in it, but it jumps out how off the charts bad Rawls is at adding value via his runs. Maybe that's lack of carries and he picks it up, but it's worth noting I think. Lacy isn't killing it either and Carson's name is a bit hidden in the middle there but clearly best of the 3. Other things to note is Alex Collins which to me says much more about the state of our blocking/scheme than about Alex Collins genuinely being great but maybe I'm wrong. It also makes the argument that a QB who can gain rush yards is incredibly valuable.

DNoXXKSXkAEc 6O

SeaChat

Reaction score
I'm glad to read a lot of your replies, and see that I'm not alone in my thinking that Rawls still has lots of promise as our running back, and that his biggest holdup has been the failure of our O-line to create openings for him, that has led to his frustration and impatients with the situation. Leaving him fearing the loss of his place on the team. So he tries to make something out of nothing, by charging headlong into a waiting wall of defenders over and over again. Maybe if, with Duane Brown's inclusion, in the O-line, and hopefully some of influence his presence has on the unit, they can help Rawls be the powerhouse he was in college and earlier on in his career with the Seahawks.
I'm not dismissing Eddy Lacy by supporting Rawls, I think they are both real deals that can do great things for us with a little help from their line. I think the two of them could produce the biggest run game threat in the present day NFL.

Go Seahawks !!

Latest posts