Put Rawls in and LEAVE him in!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I think Rawls is always wound up no matter what. I remember he was acting like a weirdo after the DET game last year and said, "I'm just a kid from Flynn." in a weird sort of off kilter way and looked up and saw Bobby Wagner. Wagner must have game him a look because he dropped his head and ran off like Napoleon Dynamite after getting hit in the face with raw steak. Wagner was being interviewed next, but it was hilarious exchange.

Rawls is an odd duck, IMO. Not in a Lynch kind of way, which actually isn't all that weird, but dude is just weird.

Either way, practice is practice and he hasn't had a lot. If he can get it going then all the better.

Anthony!

Reaction score
erik2690":fouhq1v7 said:
So maybe this stat doesn't mean much. I in fact admittedly am not too well versed in it, but it jumps out how off the charts bad Rawls is at adding value via his runs. Maybe that's lack of carries and he picks it up, but it's worth noting I think. Lacy isn't killing it either and Carson's name is a bit hidden in the middle there but clearly best of the 3. Other things to note is Alex Collins which to me says much more about the state of our blocking/scheme than about Alex Collins genuinely being great but maybe I'm wrong. It also makes the argument that a QB who can gain rush yards is incredibly valuable.

DNoXXKSXkAEc 6O

Whats funny to me is a former Seattle RB is higher than any current RB A Collins. Amazing what having a decent oline can do for you

Josea16

Reaction score
Anthony!":2kwt71by said:
erik2690":2kwt71by said:
So maybe this stat doesn't mean much. I in fact admittedly am not too well versed in it, but it jumps out how off the charts bad Rawls is at adding value via his runs. Maybe that's lack of carries and he picks it up, but it's worth noting I think. Lacy isn't killing it either and Carson's name is a bit hidden in the middle there but clearly best of the 3. Other things to note is Alex Collins which to me says much more about the state of our blocking/scheme than about Alex Collins genuinely being great but maybe I'm wrong. It also makes the argument that a QB who can gain rush yards is incredibly valuable.

DNoXXKSXkAEc 6O

Whats funny to me is a former Seattle RB is higher than any current RB A Collins. Amazing what having a decent oline can do for you
No way one guy makes this OL sudennly good at run blocking just go with what you're good at and pass the ball to set the run up already. Green Bay was doing that before Erin got hurt AGAIN. The Seahawks are better then Green Bay across the board if Pete stops the madness. Just stop already!

On the left side of the OL you have top shelf pass blockers in Brown, Procic and Britt. Procic will be awesome at both run/pass in a year or maybe two because like Fant all he needs is strength and weight. He has the technique already. Brown will teach the whole OL technique especially Fant. Just like Freeney for the DL.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I'm done with Rawls, he just isn't very good. He is damaged goods at this point. I went back and watched a few games I had saved on my DVR after I saw this, and let me just say... it wasn't pretty. He has been missing a lot of holes, and he looks really sluggish when he gets the ball. He doesn't have the burst that he used to. To make things worse, he looks indecisive and hesitant. He is a net negative for our rushing game. He offers nothing that Lacy, and McKissic don't already offer at this point. Rawls doesn't have any utility as a running back either. He has really bad hands, doesn't run very good routes, even by running back standards, and his pass blocking is REALLY bad.

So, tell me, why should we leave Rawls in? I was willing to give him a pass until I looked at previous games really closely. It was brutal. At this point he really doesn't offer us anything.

Blindside

Reaction score
I haven't looked at tape films or anything, but I see Alex Collins flourishing as RB in the Ravens team and can't help thinking why didn't we keep him? Or was it really the poor offensive running schemes of the Seahawks that held Alex Collins back? To hear Pete say that they want a bruising running back like Marshawn which is why they picked Lacy? It seems to me that his view of a good running back is old school and not with the current trend of a fast, quick to cut, and slippery running back that can get more yards than simply try to run through the defense and tire them out...

Exittium

Reaction score
Idk but what stands out to me is... QBs. Qbs are better RB lol ya know Pete’s philosophy of being able to fill in more than one spot lol :sarcasm_on:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Rawls has been so bad this year he looks like he doesn’t even belong in the NFL

vin.couve12

Reaction score
With Davis being brought onto the 53, it's time we see what he can do. Rawls has had weeks now and just isn't getting it. The views behind the LOS have shown that there is just something wrong with his vision. True that there aren't a lot of holes, but he misses them when they are there and I think it's due to him running sort of scared. He even gets tackled really hard and even easy now. Like a sack of potatoes. I never bought the hype in 2015 because of the size of the holes he was running through during that stretch of games, but I didn't think he was really this inadequate. He's really just a guy at this point.

My previous post is mute at this point. He's had time. Next man up is hopefully Davis.

I really do think Carson is the future here, but we'll need to draft a back yet again.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Blindside":3ilyixn4 said:
I haven't looked at tape films or anything, but I see Alex Collins flourishing as RB in the Ravens team and can't help thinking why didn't we keep him?

He played poorly here, and fumbled.

Seymour

Reaction score
Blindside":j1asnnhu said:
I haven't looked at tape films or anything, but I see Alex Collins flourishing as RB in the Ravens team and can't help thinking why didn't we keep him?

Our offensive line is so bad at run blocking that no running back has looked good. Collins couldn't run through brick walls so they made him the scapegoat and off he went. Now who looks stupid? :roll:

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":22rb1me2 said:
I'm done with Rawls, he just isn't very good. He is damaged goods at this point. I went back and watched a few games I had saved on my DVR after I saw this, and let me just say... it wasn't pretty. He has been missing a lot of holes, and he looks really sluggish when he gets the ball. He doesn't have the burst that he used to. To make things worse, he looks indecisive and hesitant. He is a net negative for our rushing game. He offers nothing that Lacy, and McKissic don't already offer at this point. Rawls doesn't have any utility as a running back either. He has really bad hands, doesn't run very good routes, even by running back standards, and his pass blocking is REALLY bad.

So, tell me, why should we leave Rawls in? I was willing to give him a pass until I looked at previous games really closely. It was brutal. At this point he really doesn't offer us anything.

I've gone back and watched tape on Rawls this year and I agree - he's not trusting his blockers at all - he keeps trying to cut runs back or cut it outside. The worst part is that many of the runs where he hasn't trusted his blockers opened up a big hole right at the moment he would have been coming throguh, while he ended up getting tackled in the backfield or for no gain.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
More Alex Collins lies....

Watch their blocking. The Ravens' run blocking is better than what Rawls had in the latter 2015 with us and that's saying something. I made a point to watch and Collins is getting big chunks of yards running to huge holes where he doesn't even have to cut. He's made a few nice moves here and there in the open field, but the big key is that the holes he has are enormous. It's plain ignorant to look at Collins' stats and think that he would do something here. Again, it's just like all the people who said Rawls was better than Lynch ever was. There is the why and there is the outcome.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Blindside":2gbxgw57 said:
I haven't looked at tape films or anything, but I see Alex Collins flourishing as RB in the Ravens team and can't help thinking why didn't we keep him? Or was it really the poor offensive running schemes of the Seahawks that held Alex Collins back? To hear Pete say that they want a bruising running back like Marshawn which is why they picked Lacy? It seems to me that his view of a good running back is old school and not with the current trend of a fast, quick to cut, and slippery running back that can get more yards than simply try to run through the defense and tire them out...

Marshawn Lynch spoiled Pete. He thought all he needed to get was a physical back and he could plug them in. Not the case at all....I hope Pete is learning from this. Considering we're over halfway through the season and still dealing with the same stuff, I don't believe he is.

Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson also made Tom Cable look like a genius when it comes to run blocking and coordination.....we now know that the running game success was all Lynch and Wilson.

chris98251

Reaction score
We could have this guy and he may still get tackled for loss until we get some consistent blocking.

2680228 hulkavengersruffalovengadoressmilejpg

StoneCold

Reaction score
chris98251":2lmd9k71 said:
We could have this guy and he may still get tackled for loss until we get some consistent blocking.

2680228 hulkavengersruffalovengadoressmilejpg

But oh how he runs when he gets mad. Damn!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Every metric around proves he has been our worst RB. Anyone who says otherwise is incorrect. #BenchRawls

hawxfreak

Reaction score
It's just so weird because Rawls cut left and right so many times against the panthers that year and they were really good against the run
it looked like he was amazing, but now he doesn't seem to be able to slow down enough to see
Just blows me away