QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick

jmahon316

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1k7eh28m said:
We are going to need a placekick holder next year after Ryan gets cut.

I think Dickson will learn from Ryan...hopefully.

chris98251

Reaction score
His bio indicates he is a bit of a risk taker gunslinger, would fit a Butch Davis mentality. Might drive Pete nuts however, a Farve made Holmgren go grey. But he doesn't have any Court dates pending, so there is that.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Jville":3lsb4fbd said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/990373797193695233[/tweet]

Considering our o-line these past couple years, that may be the only type of throw he gets to make.

I'm hoping for better this year on the o-line with new coaching, but McGough looks like a fascinating back-up option. He's athletic and fast, with a decent arm. I'll be interested to see what he learns from Russ.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Very athletic and elusive. Can throw well on the run. Throws a wobbly ball, but more accurate than I thought.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
The vid was interesting, kids a gamer and able to keep his eyes downfield while moving around but also able to tuck it and run when needed, he's in the Russ mold...never know could be a viable back up.

Seafan

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":10gnuyud said:
Jville":10gnuyud said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/990373797193695233[/tweet]

Considering our o-line these past couple years, that may be the only type of throw he gets to make.

I'm hoping for better this year on the o-line with new coaching, but McGough looks like a fascinating back-up option. He's athletic and fast, with a decent arm. I'll be interested to see what he learns from Russ.

Having a quality OC and QB coach around him might be better for both RW and this kid. Alex is 5 inches taller than Russ so he does have a vision advantage that might come in handy against jail break interior rush. Hopefully with Pocic and Fluker that won't be a problem like last season.

Fade

Reaction score
Jville":5ioqpogu said:
[youtube]B53P_np5t4Y[/youtube]
His arm is too good to be a 7th rounder. Combined with his ability to evade pressure, and throw on the run. This is looking like highway robbery right now, I am not going to lie.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Fade":1t9aot4r said:
Jville":1t9aot4r said:
His arm is too good to be a 7th rounder. Combined with his ability to evade pressure, and throw on the run. This is looking like highway robbery right now, I am not going to lie.

I don't think anyone should confuse him for someone with good arm strength.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Fade":14en4j7d said:
Jville":14en4j7d said:

The school he went to played a factor to that no doubt. If he went to, say, Nevada with his physical traits and skill sets probably would've bumped him to early six or late fifth round.

mrblitz

Reaction score
fantastic pick! also, looks like he can throw running to his left.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It’s hard to tell much from the film because they replay each play four of five times but it looks like JS scouted a guy who has experience with broken plays after protection failures. He is a good fit for us but his selection also re- enforce Reggie Bush’s comments about our draft priorities.

Fade

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2hhp7mhc said:
Fade":2hhp7mhc said:
Jville":2hhp7mhc said:

I'm not saying he has a 1st rd cannon like Josh Allen.

1st play he throws the go with ease. With the ball traveling 50 yds. Looked like he could of put more on it. Placed it in a perfect spot to avoid the turnover, yet still gives his receiver a chance to run after the catch. He takes it to the house. Might have been lucky, but he did complete 65% of his passes.

2nd play evades intense pressure, spins out to his left while on the run tosses it 50 yds.

3rd/4th.5th plays show his mobility on some zone reads. He has + movement for a QB with good size 6-3, but hard to tell how dynamic he really is given the level of competition. Ran 4.62 at his Pro Day, and he is slippery in the pocket.

6th play. Fires it nearly 60 yds for the TD, and put it a little more on a line than his prevous 2 throws. It looked very reminiscent to an RW broken play.

7th play. Another RW esque escape spotting & evading a rusher coming from the blind side who had him dead to rights. Showing a great feel for the rush, scrambles out to his left again on the run. Perfect placement on a 50/50 jump ball for the TD.

8th play. Escapes to his right flings it across his body about 45 yds width wise. That's a no no, they should of cut that from his highlight tape. It was a half duck, and probably picked off against NFL players.

9th play. Forced to bail to his right, guns it while throwing on the run. Hitting the hook route to move the chains. NFL throw, and he aimed it away toward the sideline so if he did miss it wouldn't be a turnover.

10th play. NFL throw again, far hash deep out route. Perfect placement. The test throw for NFL arm strength.

He does have a bit of a wobble on his ball which is weird, but he completed 65% of throws despite that.

I am very intrigued by this pick, and am looking forward to him getting #2 reps at some point in the pre-season to get a better evaluation on him.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Fade":ix1apwbe said:

1st play he throws the go with ease. With the ball traveling 50 yds. Looked like he could of put more on it. Placed it in a perfect spot to avoid the turnover, yet still gives his receiver a chance to run after the catch. He takes it to the house. Might have been lucky, but he did complete 65% of his passes.

2nd play evades intense pressure, spins out to his left while on the run tosses it 50 yds.

3rd/4th.5th plays show his mobility on some zone reads. He has + movement for a QB with good size 6-3, but hard to tell how dynamic he really is given the level of competition. Ran 4.62 at his Pro Day, and he is slippery in the pocket.

6th play. Fires it nearly 60 yds for the TD, and put it a little more on a line than his prevous 2 throws. It looked very reminiscent to an RW broken play.

7th play. Another RW esque escape spotting & evading a rusher coming from the blind side who had him dead to rights. Showing a great feel for the rush, scrambles out to his left again on the run. Perfect placement on a 50/50 jump ball for the TD.

8th play. Escapes to his right flings it across his body about 45 yds width wise. That's a no no, they should of cut that from his highlight tape. It was a half duck, and probably picked off against NFL players.

9th play. Forced to bail to his right, guns it while throwing on the run. Hitting the hook route to move the chains. NFL throw, and he aimed it away toward the sideline so if he did miss it wouldn't be a turnover.

10th play. NFL throw again, far hash deep out route. Perfect placement. The test throw for NFL arm strength.

He does have a bit of a wobble on his ball which is weird, but he completed 65% of throws despite that.

I am very intrigued by this pick, and am looking forward to him getting #2 reps at some point in the pre-season to get a better evaluation on him.

That's fair. Only the 2nd QB drafted in the Carroll Era, I think he will earn the backup job.

crosfam

Reaction score
jmahon316":1y9t4gd1 said:
bigskydoc":1y9t4gd1 said:
We are going to need a placekick holder next year after Ryan gets cut.

I think Dickson will learn from Ryan...hopefully.

If I were Ryan, I would not teach him anything - unless he Hawks have a deal to sign him on as a ST coach at the conclusion of camp. There is no depth chart for punters. We won't keep the drafts' number one punter on the PS.

McGough probably will be on the PS at the end of camp, unless he wins the #2 job outright.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Fade":3t5lx749 said:
hawknation2018":3t5lx749 said:
Fade":3t5lx749 said:
Jville":3t5lx749 said:

He might be more accurate than Allen, I didn't have any of these QB's rated as high as Wentz or Watson.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Looks like the office is expecting crapola from the offinsive line once again. All this kids passing highlights come from escaping unblocked pass rushers.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1hxk64j1 said:
Looks like the office is expecting crapola from the offinsive line once again. All this kids passing highlights come from escaping unblocked pass rushers.

I think they’ve accepted that college linemen generally suck so you need to plan for that reality. Mobile QBs, good RBs, TEs that can block.