2023 NFL Draft QB Stock Watch: Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud, Will Levis untested in tune-ups for conference play.

ivotuk

Reaction score
A look at which quarterbacks saw their draft stock rise and fall this week

Will Levis, Kentucky: Stock up

Stats (31-0 win vs. Youngstown State): 27 of 35 passes completed, 377 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT; 9 carries, 7 yards, 1 TD

Levis did a nice job working through his progressions all afternoon but his eyes suggested that he may have been reading his receivers rather than the defense. There were a few plays where the Penn State transfer should have gotten to his second read quicker based on what the defense was showing him. Levis threw with touch and good ball placement.

Kentucky's offensive line continued to have issues against Youngstown State and lost a few more bodies Saturday. In the face of pressure, Levis stood tall, identified single coverage and threw a ball out there for his wide receivers to make a play. It was a showing of good awareness and completions in that moment can be deflating for the defense. His second interception was a result of throwing off his back foot unnecessarily.

Rat

Reaction score
I want a Buckeye QB finally. Stupid Schnieder wouldnt trade for Dwayne Haskins in the offseason like I kept saying he should.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I want a Buckeye QB finally. Stupid Schnieder wouldnt trade for Dwayne Haskins in the offseason like I kept saying he should.
Ummm.... I don't know how to tell you this, but... oooooh. That would have not been a great trade.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure what people see in either Young or Stroud, I see pretty average QBs on solid teams that not only don't do a good job of carrying the team, but rarely even do a good job of separating.

They look bang average and I doubt we would notice them on a less highlighted team with a worse roster.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I wonder what Hendon Hooker's ceiling is? He's over-aged, but he's an absolute dog. Leader. Decent arm. Mobile. I could see him being a good pro, at the very least a top-tier backup.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I watched Stroud and Levis today. It is easy for Stroud to look better, because his supporting cast is much stronger. There’s not much to criticize, but we need to see how he looks against a stronger defense.

You can’t just go by their stat sheets. You have to watch these games. For example, Levis made one horrible pass that should have been intercepted but the DB dropped the ball. Stroud was hitting receivers who were wide open and he had a clean pocket. All I can say is that he is an accurate passer, but there are a dozen quarterbacks who could look great at Ohio State. (This coming from a Bears fan watching Justin Fields struggling to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear….this ain’t the Buckeyes!)

GemCity

Reaction score
We went to the game vs Wisconsin tonight. Stroud looks like a stud. It’s true he has great teammates. It’s also true they played Wisconsin (18 in preseason).

But, his movement and decision making looked rather impressive.

I’d be happy to grab him given the chance.

I like Levis as well

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
We went to the game vs Wisconsin tonight. Stroud looks like a stud. It’s true he has great teammates. It’s also true they played Wisconsin (18 in preseason).

But, his movement and decision making looked rather impressive.

I’d be happy to grab him given the chance.

I like Levis as well
Levis will get a better test against Ole Miss next week.

As I said, there’s not much to criticize with Stroud, but I’m waiting for the Michigan game. We need to see him under more pressure.

Own The West

Reaction score
And don't overlook WSU's Cameron, UW's Penix, and Hall from BYU.

There's no guarantee a top 5 pick is going to be better than a 11-17 pick so might as well watch them all.

Latest posts