Quandre Diggs Videos HARD hitter!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Wyman: Why Quandre Diggs is already important part of Seahawks’ defense

In Week 10, the defense held the high-powered San Francisco 49ers in check in a 27-24 overtime win, and this past Sunday, the Seahawks’ defense allowed just 9 points against the Philadelphia Eagles – six of those points game in “garbage time” with less than one minute remaining – and forced five turnovers.

What’s changed in those two weeks compared to the Seahawks’ first nine games, when the defense was a critical problem?

[youtube]72wDIRhgGuQ[/youtube]

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/729920/w ... s-defense/

More Videos Below...

[youtube]mePt7L2pz-k[/youtube]

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Is it a coincidence that the D started to come alive once he was in the lineup?

Having a reliable safety allows everyone else to be in their best spot and do their job, and it makes the opposing QB's think twice about throwing in that area.

I came to realize Pete's D needs that kind of safety, and I think we're all happy he realized that and decided to trade for Diggs.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
And, for a 5th round pick.

If John Schneider doesn't get Executive of the Year, then the game's rigged.

AirStrike

Reaction score
ivotuk":2z5b499z said:
And, for a 5th round pick.

If John Schneider doesn't get Executive of the Year, then the game's rigged.

There’s gotta be pitchforks out in Detroit. It was an absolute steal. They’ve made a real mess of it over there with Patricia.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1200512256443682817[/tweet]
The entire defense, front line to back, is benefiting from the combined 12 NFL seasons between Diggs and McDougald.

“He and McDougald are working well together,” Norton said. “Two smart, veteran football players on the back end really solidifies what goes on back there. The communication is solid. Everybody’s on the same page. You can see when everybody’s working together.
............................................................................................................

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll has had his eye on Diggs since the defensive back’s second season in Detroit. In 2016, Diggs got his first action as a free safety after all his years as a cornerback. But the last couple years he’d played strong safety for the Lions, and that’s what most of the rest of the league saw him as.

Not Carroll.

He remembered how Diggs impressed him as a wider-ranging, deeper-playing free safety. How quick he was to the ball. How intelligent he was reading what offenses were trying to do. And how, because he was so confident, Diggs took aggressive, calculated risks at the back of the secondary that usually paid off.

Read more here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... rylink=cpy
Thankful for Diggs addition. He certainly has made a difference >>>> [urltargetblank]https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article237882199.html[/urltargetblank]

Scorpion05

Reaction score
There are several components to a good Seahawks D. Solid linebackers, pass rush, Dbs. And I've seen the team struggle in spots over the years. But the team has always struggled the MOST without a rangy, Earl Thomas like safety. It's clearly the most important ingredient

Jville

Reaction score
Watching the progress of an evolving defensive has been the big story in November. The addition of Quandre Diggs is a key piece the defense needed. Cover 1 is back and they can mix man and zone with greater confidence. December is going to be a fun finish for the season.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll continue saying it.

Playing an extremely athletic Single High safety is the KEY to Pete's defenses. Once he has a safety he trusts, it frees up everyone underneath to wreck house. Diggs is that guy now and the rest of the league is on notice.

FinNasty

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":qj5rdgtj said:
Is it a coincidence that the D started to come alive once he was in the lineup?

Having a reliable safety allows everyone else to be in their best spot and do their job, and it makes the opposing QB's think twice about throwing in that area.

I came to realize Pete's D needs that kind of safety, and I think we're all happy he realized that and decided to trade for Diggs.
Inserting him and Shaquem really changed the look of your D...

AirStrike

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":aaywcswl said:

Playing an extremely athletic Single High safety is the KEY to Pete's defenses. Once he has a safety he trusts, it frees up everyone underneath to wreck house. Diggs is that guy now and the rest of the league is on notice.

It’s not a coincidence that the D has been on fire since we’ve gotten him in the building. We’re blitzing more because Pete trusts the backend of the defense now and teams are becoming weary of throwing it in the middle of the field or tough catches that have the potential to be knocked up in the air because Diggs is ball hawking.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
AirStrike":1de0kdqo said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1de0kdqo said:

It’s not a coincidence that the D has been on fire since we’ve gotten him in the building. We’re blitzing more because Pete trusts the backend of the defense now and teams are becoming weary of throwing it in the middle of the field or tough catches that have the potential to be knocked up in the air because Diggs is ball hawking.

Exactly. Having a free flowing, hard hitting safety that can read the offenses is a game changer.

quadsas

Reaction score
3rd trade steal of the season by JS. Hollister, Clowney and Diggs. All three have been integral and we gave up basically nothing compared to their production

niveky

Reaction score
I like how his old teammate, Jammer, immediately recognized what some of you are talking about and how he "really liked the way they put him in that Earl role."

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
AirStrike":35lks8of said:
Sox-n-Hawks":35lks8of said:

Eh, we were blitzing a lot before. Diggs is just making sure QB's hold onto the ball for when it arrives.

It also helps that Pete has figured out a third-down package using Ansah and Shaquem, along with the emergence of Green as a legit force.

tersal

Reaction score
Diggs definitely is helping still disappointing that Thompson or Hull could not claim the job. Hopefully these guys get better. Also McDougal is really a stabilizing force as well.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Film Breakdown: Quandre Diggs Brings Diverse Skill Set to Seahawks Defense

Seahawk Maven

[youtube]Isw6TfS8WDU[/youtube]