Quandre for MVP?

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
Honestly, the eagles game proves that Quandre Diggs has become as important as Bobby to this D. They look completely different with him out there. He’s also a stand up dude. Maybe one of JS’s best grabs. Just want to make sure we give him enough credit. And don’t forget, he knows Lambeau. If we win, it’s because he’s out there. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... green-bay/

kidhawk

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":2zlap6n5 said:
Honestly, the eagles game proves that Quandre Diggs has become as important as Bobby to this D. They look completely different with him out there. He’s also a stand up dude. Maybe one of JS’s best grabs. Just want to make sure we give him enough credit. And don’t forget, he knows Lambeau. If we win, it’s because he’s out there. https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... green-bay/

Been saying it since he started playing here (after his injury). Diggs is the missing piece. I'm not sure I'd say he's singly more important than Wagner, because I wouldn't want to see the defense without him either, but Diggs is definitely a key piece that this defense needs to succeed.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Not gonna argue against Diggs being an extremely important ingredient to our defensive capability. But an equally valid case can be made for other players as well, perhaps even more so for Wagz. Diggs can not win any game by himself and neither can anyone else. That's why I don't think all that highly of MVP awards. Winning requires a TEAM effort.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bobby
Clowney
Diggs

Those are our three defensive MVP's, and you can put them in any order you want and I wouldn't argue. But yes, certainly Diggs at FS changes our entire scheme and makes everyone better.

He also brings some toughness, physicality and grit to our defensive backfield, something we were sorely missing.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26z6tdab said:
Bobby
Clowney
Diggs

Those are our three defensive MVP's, and you can put them in any order you want and I wouldn't argue. But yes, certainly Diggs at FS changes our entire scheme and makes everyone better.

He also brings some toughness, physicality and grit to our defensive backfield, something we were sorely missing.

I pretty much see it as those three as well. One for each third of the Defense. Lose any one of the three and the defense drops more dramatically than when we lose other players.

HawkerD

Reaction score
My understanding is that he is signed through next season (2020) and the following (2021). At about $5M/yr that will be a bargain.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":1c8qbnf6 said:
My understanding is that he is signed through next season (2020) and the following (2021). At about $5M/yr that will be a bargain.

To be precise, he's $5 million plus 2 $100k bonuses for 2020 and he's $5.35 million plus 2 $100k bonuses for 2021 at which point he'll be an UFA in 2022 and 29 years old.

[urltargetblank]https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/quandre-diggs-16926/[/urltargetblank]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":2d9f65fl said:
HawkerD":2d9f65fl said:

To be precise, he's $5 million plus 2 $100k bonuses for 2020 and he's $5.35 million plus 2 $100k bonuses for 2021 at which point he'll be an UFA in 2022 and 29 years old.

[urltargetblank]https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/quandre-diggs-16926/[/urltargetblank]

What this really means is we've got Diggs for cheap next year, and don't have to worry about his contract until next off season at the earliest..........and that's only if he balls out next season.

It's about as good as the contract scenario can be for us with Diggs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":533po3kh said:
FearTheHawk":533po3kh said:

Been saying it since he started playing here (after his injury). Diggs is the missing piece. I'm not sure I'd say he's singly more important than Wagner, because I wouldn't want to see the defense without him either, but Diggs is definitely a key piece that this defense needs to succeed.
Diggs absolutely does cover the asses of the Linebackers, his presents allows Bobby Wagner & KJ Wright the freedom to cover the intermediate, knowing that most everything going on behind them is fairly well covered.....This is how TEAMWORK is suppose to work.
Get that boy signed to a longer contract Schneider.

kidhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3lfcvvez said:
kidhawk":3lfcvvez said:
FearTheHawk":3lfcvvez said:

Diggs absolutely does cover the asses of the Linebackers, his presents allows Bobby Wagner & KJ Wright the freedom to cover the intermediate, knowing that most everything going on behind them is fairly well covered.....This is how TEAMWORK is suppose to work.
Get that boy signed to a longer contract Schneider.

That's the beauty (See above posts) he's already signed through 2021.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Thank you, Matt Patricia and the Lions!!

Ruminator

Reaction score
Too bad Flowers plays for our opponent each week; otherwise, I think our D could actually be among the better ones in the league with guys like Jefferson, Green, Wright, Griffin, Jefferson, Reed, Ford, and McDougald complementing Wags, Diggs, and Clowney. Ansah also perhaps but he seems to be playing sub-100% due to injuries.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ruminator":2o6ziqfi said:
Too bad Flowers plays for our opponent each week; otherwise, I think our D could actually be among the better ones in the league with guys like Jefferson, Green, Wright, Griffin, Jefferson, Reed, Ford, and McDougald complementing Wags, Diggs, and Clowney. Ansah also perhaps but he seems to be playing sub-100% due to injuries.

My pipe dream is that we make a play for Darius Slay (hey that rhymed) in the off season.

- He's on the final year of his deal in 2020, and will be looking for a big extension
- He's not happy in Detroit
- He's best friends with Quandre

While our track record isn't good bringing in veteran corners, we also have never brought in an ELITE veteran corner, they've all been over the hill burnouts that haven't worked.

Bottom line for me, I'd be just fine with using one of our 2nd rounders to trade for Slay and give him an extension to REALLY upgrade the CB position. We're in a SB window, I'm not OK with waiting another 2-3 years to see if Flowers improves.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hell yes. Slay on this team? That would be a huge addition. He's a baller. In fact, I would move Shaq back to the other side.

Ozzy

Reaction score
PPG wise I think we're 5-7 points better with Diggs in the lineup? There could a number of other factors playing into this but that's incredible and rarely seen. He's been so important for us.

Jville

Reaction score
Quandre Diggs impact on the process of rebuilding the defensive backfield has been a joy to behold.

Pete and John have been masterful. 1st they bring in veteran Bradley McDougald to put out a fire and settle things down. Then they bring in veteran Quandre Diggs to restore the backfield to the flavor and schemes with which it's most comfortable.

Clearly Pete and John know what they are doing in using all avenues of team building to find the fits they are looking for.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
With you there Jville. I find it interesting their evaluation process for drafting weights "fit" very highly, maybe equal even anything else. Still trying to figure out the high rating for Collier, but they right more often than not.

Tamerlane

Reaction score
austinslater25":1suq3dov said:
PPG wise I think we're 5-7 points better with Diggs in the lineup? There could a number of other factors playing into this but that's incredible and rarely seen. He's been so important for us.

Yes, almost a touchdown PPG difference with Diggs.

For a statistic that accounts for opponent strength and more, in the now 6 games played with Diggs the defensive efficiency (DVOA)according to Football Outsiders is about -10.1% versus +9.6% without him. This is the difference between the Seahawk defense trending about #7 in the league with Diggs versus #23 without Diggs.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CorbinSmithNFL/status/1214668780095209472[/tweet]

Latest posts