Question: on Jones and White

theoaklandphenom

Reaction score
Cartire":2md7jf7h said:
ThrowItToJulio":2md7jf7h said:
Well, if you give White and Jones time to get open, they will get open. I don't care who is covering them.

This is true for any WR. If you give them enough time, theyll get open.

And last years game does nothing to impress me. Sherman didnt play. And we still racked up crazy points against you guys with Tavaris Jackson.

And we also have new uniforms which our scientifically proven to light up that ass.

Falcons have upgraded at defensive coordinator since then (as well as at OC). You guys didn't have RW and your secondary wasn't as strong last year. I don't think you can really read much into last year's game - good or bad - for either team.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
ThrowItToJulio":2t1s5hbq said:
Dirty Bird":2t1s5hbq said:
ThrowItToJulio":2t1s5hbq said:
This is true for just about every QB on earth.
No it isn't. A lot of QB's have good pocket presence and sense to avoid pressure. Go watch some Ben Roethlisberger highlights or Eli Manning spin moves.

"Yes, it most certainly is true. The only way to stop guys like Brady, Manning or Brees is to put pressure on them from the middle of the line. Sure, guys like Rapelisberger can shed a tackle or two, but, more often than not, if you pressure him up the middle, the play will die or he will make a mistake.

Even guys with quick feet, like the one the Falcons are going to face Sunday, don't handle pressure up the middle well. Why? Multiple reasons. If you get to a quarterback by running through a guard or a center, the QB has to take his eyes away from his targets so he can find an outlet to escape, which results in a broken play. In addition to that, the QB is unaware of what is going on on the edges of the line, making it more difficult for him to navigate inside or outside of the pocket. He may run into his own guy and fumble. He may run into a defensive end that was purposely led to the back of the pocket."

Regardless, you are wrong.
Nope, all the guys you mentioned are pocket QB's. Their supposed to stand tall in the pocket and deliver throws because they don't have the athletic ability to make plays with their feet. Matt Ryan is a pocket QB albeit he has improved his mobility this year. It's hard to deliver the ball when you have a pressure in your face but there are a good number of QB's that thrive on making something out of broken plays. Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Robert Griffin, Aaron Rodgers,etc. So no it is not true for most NFL quarterbacks, only pocket QB's. Still wrong.

ThrowItToJulio

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":187e106y said:
Nope, all the guys you mentioned are pocket QB's. Their supposed to stand tall in the pocket and del
iver throws because they don't have the athletic ability to make plays with their feet. Matt Ryan is a pocket QB albeit he has improved his mobility this year. It's hard to deliver the ball when you have a pressure in your face but there are a good number of QB's that thrive on making something out of broken plays. Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Robert Griffin, Aaron Rodgers,etc. So no it is not true for most NFL quarterbacks, only pocket QB's. Still wrong.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
ThrowItToJulio":1y45i9dp said:
Dirty Bird":1y45i9dp said:
Nope, all the guys you mentioned are pocket QB's. Their supposed to stand tall in the pocket and del
iver throws because they don't have the athletic ability to make plays with their feet. Matt Ryan is a pocket QB albeit he has improved his mobility this year. It's hard to deliver the ball when you have a pressure in your face but there are a good number of QB's that thrive on making something out of broken plays. Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Robert Griffin, Aaron Rodgers,etc. So no it is not true for most NFL quarterbacks, only pocket QB's. Still wrong.

Then refute it instead of making blank statements. Surely it can't be that hard... can it?

ThrowItToJulio

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":5xo0mhvj said:
ThrowItToJulio":5xo0mhvj said:
Dirty Bird":5xo0mhvj said:

Then refute it instead of making blank statements. Surely it can't be that hard... can it?

I didn't make "blanket" statements. I stated clearly why most QB's make mistakes when they are pressured up the middle. We could go even further. I could go into detail about passing lanes, angles, and timed routes and how all of those are disrupted when a quarterback is forced to respond to pressure up the middle, which makes the chances of success less and less likely.

Yes, some quarterbacks can make plays out of nothing. That doesn't mean that those plays are the rule. They are exceptions, which is why you see them on Sportscenter.

Next......

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
ThrowItToJulio":3sbcseaa said:
Dirty Bird":3sbcseaa said:
ThrowItToJulio":3sbcseaa said:

I didn't make "blanket" statements. I stated clearly why most QB's make mistakes when they are pressured up the middle. We could go even further. I could go into detail about passing lanes, angles, and timed routes and how all of those are disrupted when a quarterback is forced to respond to pressure up the middle, which makes the chances of success less and less likely.

Yes, some quarterbacks can make plays out of nothing. That doesn't mean that those plays are the rule. They are exceptions, which is why you see them on Sportscenter.
u
Next......
You made a broad statement "This is true for just about any QB on earth". Which was obviously untrue. And it's obvious that when a QB is pressured up the middle the majority of the time it will be an unsuccessful play, no ones disagreeing with that. Then you say I have no clue what i'm talking about when you made the broad statement LOL. Yes these are exceptions to the rule but that doesn't make it any less plausible. Next...

Cartire

Reaction score
sc85sis":3r0epkaz said:
Two Falcons fans arguing on a Seahawks forum is a new experience for me.

haha, i was just thinking the same thing. Ive never seen two opposing fans argue with each other on an enemy teams forum. This is McDonalds and Im lovin it.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
sc85sis":1abbz32b said:
Two Falcons fans arguing on a Seahawks forum is a new experience for me.
I get into it with a lot of Falcon fans on the main board. They think Matt Ryan is untouchable.