Questionable Call in NFC Title Game?

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
BlueTalon":poyltng0 said:
And the uncalled horsecollar on SA? And...

The proof that Super Bowl XL just wasnt meant to be?

We had to live 8 years with the fact that at that point in history, JERRAMY STEVENS caught the ONLY TD in Seahawks Super SB history. LOL

JERRAMY FREAKING STEVENS.

Thank God some names were added since then. Names with integrity

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":3tlpheet said:
Hmm I've watched that game at least 3-4 times and I always get the impression that we totally screwed them with favorable referee action...

I'm not sure how you can say it balanced out? There were all kinda shady calls or lack of calls. Marago's hitting the kickers planted leg by itself could have changed the outcome. There were also numerous plays where the play clock seemed to be malfunctioning which was driving harbaugh bat $&/! Crazy.

I think it was pretty clear the refs helped us out... That being said I believe that on average if we played them 10 times in a row that's about as bad as things could have gone. We were a better team and would win more often than not, but if they were going to lose a close game... That's about the most the refs could of screwed them over IMO

JEEZZZUS, SMH. Pretty much the opposite of that entire statement.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
That 49er conspiracy video is the greatest thing ever. Doug Baldwin runs back the kickoff well into 49er territory. "In the past three years, how many long kickoff returns have been called back due to block in the back penalties? Just about all of them." Brilliant.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":7uw1fyfo said:
The refs helped us out?? Give me a flippen break. The Niners were mugging our guys all damn game long.
Absolutely.

Where I typically sit for Niner games at the Clink, I can see offsides penalties galore. Both Smith and Brooks live in the neutral zone, but it is really only called when the Hawks hard count the Digits. I counted no less than 7 in the 42-13 game, 4 in the 29-3 game and 8 in the NFCC. I swear, the Hawks could hard count the Niners 4 times a game and get them to bite every time.

That, along with the Brooks patented late hit (I call the rolling pin tackle) In which he or Whitner would tackle guy on the ground and continue a to lay out on them as they roll the ball carrier over with all their weight. Other than late, it is not illegal, but classless and with intent to injure and ultimately ineffective.

That said, I see calls going to Seattle also and feel that overall there is some balance.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm glad you mentioned that Lofa. We were talking about that during the playoffs in the stands. Where the hell are the clearly obvious off sides calls??
The one crap call that went against the Niners actually helped them in the long run. Bowman clearly had that ball. Next play, Lynch fumbles and the Whiners get the ball back in a BETTER SPOT than they had it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I watched pretty much every game of the Niners last year and especially towards the end of the year it seemed pretty blatant the officials were giving the Niners a little assist. When they made the NFCC game they let them play though I do think the Bowman call might have been as a make up call for the Crabtree fumble in Candlestick that ultimately cost us the game, the sweep, locking up the division and the #1 seed as well as a three game division lead.

The NFL drives real hard for a couple things, parity and rivalries. That is what has made the NFL the richest sport in america. The problem is if Seattle sweeps thean and wins the division by three games it takes away from the parity and kills the rivalry and ultimately cost the NFL big money, so it should be no real surprise that the NFL officials kind of turned a blind eye in the Carolina game when the Niners were allowed to molest, head but and overall play dirty during and after the play. It should also be no surprise why the NFL used that same Carolina game as an example of what won't be allowed.

Consider what the Niner fans complain about. Mostly non calls. Part of that stems from going through a stretch of games were even questionable things drew flags that helped the Niners keep drives alive so they have gotten use to it but part of it just seems to be their MO. The biggest complaint was the roughing the passer call in NO's. The problem with the complaint is that call gets called 100% of the time and not only that if that exact situation was reversed and it was Kaepernick getting his neck extended and they lost the game they would be just as outraged if the call didn't happen just like the block into their punter saying they should have had a 1st down and that would have changed the outcome.

I don't believe the NFL is fixed but I do believe they are willing to help things go the way that makes them more money. The problem with Niner logic is there is no reason for the NFL to help Seattle and every reason to help the Niners last year, at least up until the NFCC game. At that point they already had what they wanted.

Biggest difference between the two fan bases is Seattle complains about bad calls while the Niners complain about calls they thought they deserve.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Candlestick call of the Crabtree fumble was a killer. You could feel the screw job coming when that Demon filled VampaWitch Pam Oliver came on pregame after ASKING THE OFFICIALS WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO ABOUT THE HAWKS PHYSICAL PLAY. Then that spawn of Satan sideline reporter celebrated her KJ Wright knowledge.

I had 2 Niner fans in my family room that day and they were freaking out after Willson scored his long TD. When the Crabtree fumble happened one of them was like "Game Over, we're screwed, here comes the avalanche". We replayed that at least 6 times and those guys were thanking the football gods.

Niner fans should consider themselves lucky that they didn't get the ball at the 1 in the NFCC. That would have made things very fun with the 12s.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I thank the football gods nearly once a week for the look on the VampaWitch's face as she walked behind Carroll during the run off of the clock and the interview with Harbafreak.

That sad face, trying to hold back the tears of disappointment and failure for the Niners chokeability was priceless.

2y7aheza.jpg

I don't know if she is a Niner fan (probably is) or just a raw Seahawks hater, but she sure was happy that day in the Stick and dirty enough to falsely report about the crowd noise in the NFCC. That was just EVIL and a huge lie intended to mislead. We were LOUD that day and I don't remember a moment of the second half that was tame. I didn't know she said that until I read about it here, I had to go back and check on DVR LIAR! The Niner players on the sidelines said they couldn't hear anything, not even the guy next to them.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
dunceface":l2359te1 said:
Is Tokadub just a shtick? Cuz it sure seems like it...

Don't know what his deal is. I suspect a Niners troll. He is far to quick to try and discredit anything Seahawk and sure seems to share the exact views found on the webzone about the two teams.

For the most part I just see him as a troll. He has earned his reputation and everyone knows his stick so I think most just ignore him as not to feed the troll.

dunceface

Reaction score
RichNhansom":10ived5w said:
dunceface":10ived5w said:
Is Tokadub just a shtick? Cuz it sure seems like it...

Don't know what his deal is. I suspect a Niners troll. He is far to quick to try and discredit anything Seahawk and sure seems to share the exact views found on the webzone about the two teams.

For the most part I just see him as a troll. He has earned his reputation and everyone knows his stick so I think most just ignore him as not to feed the troll.

Ignore button in 3...2...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":32xgt5kt said:
I thank the football gods nearly once a week for the look on the VampaWitch's face as she walked behind Carroll during the run off of the clock and the interview with Harbafreak.

That sad face, trying to hold back the tears of disappointment and failure for the Niners chokeability was priceless.

2y7aheza.jpg

I don't know if she is a Niner fan (probably is) or just a raw Seahawks hater, but she sure was happy that day in the Stick and dirty enough to falsely report about the crowd noise in the NFCC. That was just EVIL and a huge lie intended to mislead. We were LOUD that day and I don't remember a moment of the second half that was tame. I didn't know she said that until I read about it here, I had to go back and check on DVR LIAR! The Niner players on the sidelines said they couldn't hear anything, not even the guy next to them.
She looks like the result if Steven Tyler and Chewbacca had a child. 8)

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":29i7ugxm said:
loafoftatupu":29i7ugxm said:

2y7aheza.jpg

LOL! Nailed it! :lol:

dunceface

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ojurz82 said:
loafoftatupu":3ojurz82 said:

2y7aheza.jpg

Tumblr mr5ybfzh8F1qzc065o1 500

Jerhawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":wvvdqicy said:

2y7aheza.jpg

Omg watching that post game interview made me sick. I hate it when these reporters are so biased.
Mini Opera is a terrible sideline reporter, I end up having to mute her.