Quinn: Wilson Is Elite. CK, Not Quite There.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
joeseahawks":fmfx4via said:
I think Wilson performance will Absolutely depend on protection. NO QB in the league can do much without protection. We need protection to allow RW time to throw. To me, that's the key to the game. If RW doesn't have time to throw, this will be an ugly game.
Bevell and PC need to either keep TEs back to protect or get Lynch/Fullback back there to protect. I want to see us beat the 49ers throwing the ball the field.
I expect Tate, Baldwin, Mueller and Kearse to have big games catching.

It will be interesting to see what the 49ers do. In the last game at SF they only sent 4 alot of times and just played back in coverage. I didnt really see too many blitzes until towards the end of the game. It was also AMAZING how many times the DE stayed on the edge and didnt go for Lynch at all until it was clear he had the ball. Both the LB and DE on the side Wilson would run out to pause and stay there waiting for him to take it before even commiting to lynch which is probably why he doesnt run that often.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3khckb68 said:
Popeyejones":3khckb68 said:
Hasselbeck":3khckb68 said:
Get Russell a healthy Percy Harvin and another playmaker at WR and he could be Drew Brees esque in the passing game.

Difference being that as we've seen from Brady this year and as we saw from Brees pre-Graham, these other guys don't need a Percy Harvin + another playmaking WR to be elite.*
That's not taking a single thing away from Wilson mind you, it just means he's young and still progressing. He may get there, he may not. He'll be the Hawks best QB in franchise history and a top QB in the league for years to come even if he doesn't improve, IMO.

*(FWIW I'd include Rodgers in this too, but all of his revolving cast of WRs have only played with him, which makes them all insanely overrated. For an Exception See: Jennings after Rodgers).

You CAN'T take a single thing away from Wilson. You're premise is invalid to begin with.

Seems like you're playing a bit of a word game here. My point was simply that Wilson is a great, great young QB who still has some progressing to do before we start talking about him as being on par with first ballot hall of famers. That's a very complimentary statement, not an inflamatory one, IMO.

Latest posts