Raible: Pete took offensive play calling before 2nd half?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2fk65qp2 said:
I'd suggest the OP find another source. One that's reliable. False information just leads to a lack of credibility.

I thought Bevell called a fantastic game. Over 400 yards of total offense. Score would have been even more lopsided had catches been made and wide open receivers not been overthrown a couple of times.

And who do you think has been there with Russ every step of the way to help make him the superior talent he is today? That's right, Super Bowl winning coaches Darrell Bevell and Carl Smith.

So to recap: Our OC is responsible for Wilson who messed up a lot but he has a ring so it doesn't count.

Yeah OP, find more reliable sources, like this one!

Ozzy

Reaction score
StoneCold":2p428nc9 said:
HansGruber":2p428nc9 said:
I've completely given up on it, and am trying to accept that I will be forced to watch Darrell Bevell destroy the career of Russell Wilson and transform him from once-in-a-generation talent to a "fairly decent" QB. I've given up on seeing our offense do anything in the first half - it's just a fact that we will not score in the first half, unless it's our defense. If you see us in the Red Zone in the first half, we will fail to score a TD and then our kicker will miss the FG from like 10 yards away.

Darrell Bevell is the worst OC in the NFL and I am just completely dumbfounded as to how he still has a job. But again, I've given up on it. I gave up my season tickets this year, have been selling them. Now I just record the games and pretty much skip through the first half. It's pointless and boring to watch.

We are the 92 Seahawks with a decent QB. That's it. I laugh at the idea of a Superbowl, that is just not happening as long as Bevell is here. And even if we somehow miraculously pull it off, like we did in 49, it will be the same story - some team completely blows it in the NFCCG after we do everything we can to lose (until the 4th quarter), then we go to the Superbowl and our incompetent offense blows chunks all day and we lose because of some stupid playcalls in the red zone. This is just how it is with Bevell. Depressing as hell.

I see you forgot to take your meds again Mr Gruber.
Gruber sighting!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1apm7za6 said:
Siouxhawk":1apm7za6 said:
I'd suggest the OP find another source. One that's reliable. False information just leads to a lack of credibility.

I thought Bevell called a fantastic game. Over 400 yards of total offense. Score would have been even more lopsided had catches been made and wide open receivers not been overthrown a couple of times.

And who do you think has been there with Russ every step of the way to help make him the superior talent he is today? That's right, Super Bowl winning coaches Darrell Bevell and Carl Smith.

So to recap: Our OC is responsible for Wilson who messed up a lot but he has a ring so it doesn't count.

You don't think Bevell has contributed to Russell's development?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
HansGruber":1yalhlg1 said:
I've completely given up on it, and am trying to accept that I will be forced to watch Darrell Bevell destroy the career of Russell Wilson and transform him from once-in-a-generation talent to a "fairly decent" QB. I've given up on seeing our offense do anything in the first half - it's just a fact that we will not score in the first half, unless it's our defense. If you see us in the Red Zone in the first half, we will fail to score a TD and then our kicker will miss the FG from like 10 yards away.

Darrell Bevell is the worst OC in the NFL and I am just completely dumbfounded as to how he still has a job. But again, I've given up on it. I gave up my season tickets this year, have been selling them. Now I just record the games and pretty much skip through the first half. It's pointless and boring to watch.

We are the 92 Seahawks with a decent QB. That's it. I laugh at the idea of a Superbowl, that is just not happening as long as Bevell is here. And even if we somehow miraculously pull it off, like we did in 49, it will be the same story - some team completely blows it in the NFCCG after we do everything we can to lose (until the 4th quarter), then we go to the Superbowl and our incompetent offense blows chunks all day and we lose because of some stupid playcalls in the red zone. This is just how it is with Bevell. Depressing as hell.

I said this yesterday night somewhere, just not as colorfully. Thanks! But I am still all in.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":3qsm7956 said:
That would explain running the Lockett sweep like 65 times. I wondered Why they didn't try it with McKissick at least once.
Could be that the Giants 'D' was prepared & watching for McKissic per game film.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":14wk2e6r said:
WindCityHawk":14wk2e6r said:
Siouxhawk":14wk2e6r said:

Sure year 1, and then a bit in year 2, now he's like a over protective mother that doesn't want their kid to make choices for themselves.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":109l3yfe said:
WindCityHawk":109l3yfe said:
Siouxhawk":109l3yfe said:

Bevell has not contributed one iota to Wilson's development, in fact Bevell is the shackle that is holding Wilson down. The refusal to adjust to the offense to fit the personnel we have is a reoccurring theme. Offensive line playing bad? Lets run long developing routes.

The Superbowl play was the biggest example of this. The way we used the personnel was the biggest fowl in this play. We used our worst route runners on a play that called for just that; good route running. We also relied on Kearse blocking Browner, a cornerback that thrives on blowing up blockers, and molesting wide receivers. We used the worst possible players against the Patriots defense. After the play is blown up, Bevell has the gall to blame Lockette, and what does he blame him for? Essentially poor route running.

So... Bevell you put a receiver that has a reputation for running poor routes on a play that had no room for error in the route running, and you have the audacity to blame him for not running a good route? I guess you shouldn't have put said player in that position, but that is EXACTLY what you did. Bevell decided it was a good idea to capitalize on Ricardo Lockette's worst aspects as a player. This is a a reoccurring theme here in the Seattle Seahawks offense. Hey, lets throw our multi million dollar TE who sucks at blocking in as an extra tackle!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3ociyzgh said:
Siouxhawk":3ociyzgh said:
WindCityHawk":3ociyzgh said:
Siouxhawk":3ociyzgh said:

Bevell has not contributed one iota to Wilson's development, in fact Bevell is the shackle that is holding Wilson down. The refusal to adjust to the offense to fit the personnel we have is a reoccurring theme. Offensive line playing bad? Lets run long developing routes.

The Superbowl play was the biggest example of this. The way we used the personnel was the biggest fowl in this play. We used our worst route runners on a play that called for just that; good route running. We also relied on Kearse blocking Browner, a cornerback that thrives on blowing up blockers, and molesting wide receivers. We used the worst possible players against the Patriots defense. After the play is blown up, Bevell has the gall to blame Lockette, and what does he blame him for? Essentially poor route running.

So... Bevell you put a receiver that has a reputation for running poor routes on a play that had no room for error in the route running, and you have the audacity to blame him for not running a good route? I guess you shouldn't have put said player in that position, but that is EXACTLY what you did. Bevell decided it was a good idea to capitalize on Ricardo Lockette's worst aspects as a player. This is a a reoccurring theme here in the Seattle Seahawks offense. Hey, lets throw our multi million dollar TE who sucks at blocking in as an extra tackle!
Well I think you're flat out wrong and I'm sure Russ would corroborate my assumption. Bevell and Carl Smith have put him on a start that rivals Montana and Unitas.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
We are 12-0 when RW throws 3 TDs. I believe its 3 or more TDs but didn't look deeper into the stats.
Get the memo to ya boy Darrell, Sioux. I know Pete wants to run the ball. I do too. But oline + injuries makes that a fools errand for the personnel we're working with. Let Russ loose!

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":314lqpsr said:
I was asking if anybody else had heard it, I wasn't saying it happened. Huge difference there, junior.

Siouxhawk":314lqpsr said:
I thought Bevell called a fantastic game.
Of course you do. Bevell has yet to call even a mediocre game according to you.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":20t0ult8 said:
WindCityHawk":20t0ult8 said:
Siouxhawk":20t0ult8 said:

Helllllll no. Unless you consider wilsons ability to absorb hits and an intermittent case of happy feet development.

Wilson has succeeded despite bevell.. not the other way around.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":24gutvxy said:
Siouxhawk":24gutvxy said:
I was asking if anybody else had heard it, I wasn't saying it happened. Huge difference there, junior.

Siouxhawk":24gutvxy said:
It's absurd to even consider it. Pete has zero issues with Bev's play calling. He endorses it, in fact, and for good reason. The type of win we had Sunday also has Pete's fingerprints all over it -- use early plays to unmask the Giants defensive tendencies, try to establish a run game, win field position and time of possession battles, crank out some explosive plays, preferably for scores, finish strong ... i.e., own the fourth quarter. We did all those things. Bev did his part by executing exactly what Pete wanted. He's been doing that for years. So common sense should prevail when hearing such an unsubstantiated rumor that it's fake news.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
redhawk253":1trgz2rq said:
Siouxhawk":1trgz2rq said:
WindCityHawk":1trgz2rq said:
Siouxhawk":1trgz2rq said:

Helllllll no. Unless you consider wilsons ability to absorb hits and an intermittent case of happy feet development.

Wilson has succeeded despite bevell.. not the other way around.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
His improved ability to read defenses alone negates your opinion. So you can own your opinion, but it's wrong.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not that Bevell called a horrible game, he was decent overall. However, 1st and goal on the 1 and you call 2 pass plays??? That was pathetic.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":11qz7d2p said:
RolandDeschain":11qz7d2p said:

It's absurd to even consider it. Pete has zero issues with Bev's play calling. He endorses it, in fact, and for good reason. The type of win we had Sunday also has Pete's fingerprints all over it -- use early plays to unmask the Giants defensive tendencies, try to establish a run game, win field position and time of possession battles, crank out some explosive plays, preferably for scores, finish strong ... i.e., own the fourth quarter. We did all those things. Bev did his part by executing exactly what Pete wanted. He's been doing that for years. So common sense should prevail when hearing such an unsubstantiated rumor that it's fake news.

So Pete wanted to run 12 plays inside the 15 yard line and come up with zero points then? :pukeface:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2nz77m5u said:
Siouxhawk":2nz77m5u said:
RolandDeschain":2nz77m5u said:

So Pete wanted to run 12 plays inside the 15 yard line and come up with zero points then? :pukeface:
No, he wanted Jimmy to catch the ball for an easy score.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well since this has gone from a possible interesting topic, to yet another debate about a particular coach, there seems to be no more need for this particular thread. If anyone actually hears anymore about the possibility of Pete actually calling plays, feel free to start a fresh post about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts