Raiders pursuing Lynch

LegendKiller

Reaction score
I could see this as being a real possibility. For starters it's his hometown and possibly his last opportunity to play for his hometown on a 1 year deal before they move to Vegas. I personally feel Lynch retired because of XLIX. I think he was pissed off that the Seahawks did him dirty and didn't hand him the ball to win the game. Now, I think he's moved on from it and willing to come out of retirement...to play for his hometown team. It will suck to see him come out of retirement to play for another team...he was the the identity/heart and soul of this team. Since he retired we haven't been the same. Just my opinion.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
uncle fester":2oc6dsrf said:
Siouxhawk":2oc6dsrf said:
uncle fester":2oc6dsrf said:
If the rumours are true, and Schneider doesn't back down, replacing that 5th rounder lost for violations would be useful.
Really? Just a 5th rounder for Marshawn's rights?

31 year old running back, retired for a year, half a season missed prior to that due to a reoccurring back injury, your Seahawk RB room is already full, and you think McKenzie is going to offer more?

AP can't get a job and Charles is looking at the scrap pile. They're all the same age, with roughly the same mileage in the tyres.

Mistashoesta":2oc6dsrf said:
Nothing less than a 2nd

Nice thought but unlikely.

Lynch is 29, not 31.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":39mxjerh said:
Subzero717":39mxjerh said:
So many holes in this it's ridiculous to be reported at this point. Marshawn hasn't decided to play for starters. Which in case I missed something might be a huge factor. PA allowed Marshawn to ride off with his signing bonus. Those are two of the first hurdles.

When the heck did Adam Shefter become the gold standard of journalistic integrity? If I recall correctly he stated we had signed Jared Aleen. He constantly breaks stories from Glazer and attempts to pass them off as "his story." Oh yeah, and Shefter breaking this story after a local radio show mentioned it in Oakland yesterday afternoon.
There aren't any real holes at all. Just because you don't know and aren't privy to any behind the scenes talks between Lynch, Oak and/or Seattle doesn't mean they didn't take place or aren't currently taking place

Just like I don't know if Brett Farve and Seattle are talking. Lets start that rumor. I don't know for sure do I. Sheesh. Conspiracy theory much. Does ANYONE HAVE ANY REASON TO THINK ML WANTS TO PLAY AGAIN??????? Seems to me like every time I turn around I see a video of him having a blast. I am sure he would love to grind through training camp and a long brutal season. Not to mention the media frenzy around it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Born 4-22-1986. He'll be 31 in a month. He didn't cease aging when he retired.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":n7w09av3 said:
Hawkfan77":n7w09av3 said:
Subzero717":n7w09av3 said:
So many holes in this it's ridiculous to be reported at this point. Marshawn hasn't decided to play for starters. Which in case I missed something might be a huge factor. PA allowed Marshawn to ride off with his signing bonus. Those are two of the first hurdles.

When the heck did Adam Shefter become the gold standard of journalistic integrity? If I recall correctly he stated we had signed Jared Aleen. He constantly breaks stories from Glazer and attempts to pass them off as "his story." Oh yeah, and Shefter breaking this story after a local radio show mentioned it in Oakland yesterday afternoon.
There aren't any real holes at all. Just because you don't know and aren't privy to any behind the scenes talks between Lynch, Oak and/or Seattle doesn't mean they didn't take place or aren't currently taking place

Just like I don't know if Brett Farve and Seattle are talking. Lets start that rumor. I don't know for sure do I. Sheesh. Conspiracy theory much. Does ANYONE HAVE ANY REASON TO THINK ML WANTS TO PLAY AGAIN??????? Seems to me like every time I turn around I see a video of him having a blast. I am sure he would love to grind through training camp and a long brutal season. Not to mention the media frenzy around it.
Conspiracy theory? It's actually being reported by numerous outlets.

Try to start a bogus rumor, I'm sure everyone will pick up on something someone wrote from their mom's basement on a message board...

saroos

Reaction score
Would this do anything for our salary cap since we carried money over from him ?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If Lynch would be down to do it so he can play in Oakland for their last season then the Raiders can make it worth our while. I'd like to see dude play again even if for another team. IMO, the Seahawks still have no ring if not for his example of toughness and leadership as a Seahawk. He's earned it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mojambo":2gm7udp8 said:
A day one pick would be preposterous. No way we're getting that.

I think absolute best case scenario is a 5th or 6th. Raiders could easily wait out a release. There's no way we could keep him without releasing other players.
On the Raiders "waiting out a release", Lynch would be another year older and another season of physicality away from the game.
I believe this is a pure speculation story, but if I am wrong on that, the Raiders would be fools to try'n wait this gig out because of a Draft slot.
If "THE BEAST" has anything left, and is willing to give it a go, you "Strike While The Iron Is hot", or you're waiting at the docks for a "Ship That Has Already Sailed"

Hyak

Reaction score
If Lynch and the Raiders want this bad enough, they will trade a pick for him, Now it may not be more than a mid rounder but it's something.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A 5th round future pick or lower this year will get this done. The team holds his rights as a retired player but aren't paying him at all having taken all his dead money on their cap last season.

GLio14

Reaction score
This actually seems to be legit. He was spotted at the Seattle airport too.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/842784111576137728[/tweet]

Mojambo

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2idl70dn said:
Mojambo":2idl70dn said:
A day one pick would be preposterous. No way we're getting that.

I think absolute best case scenario is a 5th or 6th. Raiders could easily wait out a release. There's no way we could keep him without releasing other players.
On the Raiders "waiting out a release", Lynch would be another year older and another season of physicality away from the game.
I believe this is a pure speculation story, but if I am wrong on that, the Raiders would be fools to try'n wait this gig out because of a Draft slot.
If "THE BEAST" has anything left, and is willing to give it a go, you "Strike While The Iron Is hot", or you're waiting at the docks for a "Ship That Has Already Sailed"

They wouldn't have to wait a year. Seattle is not in the position, salary cap wise, to keep him on the roster THIS year if he decides to unretire.

They will be forced to release him, or someone else.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Why would Lynch go to the Raiders when his most successful years were in Seattle?

seahawksny

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3p1igwfp said:
Hawkfan77":3p1igwfp said:
Subzero717":3p1igwfp said:

Seattle isnt talking to Favre cause he retired what? 10 years ago?
Lynch might be talking because its been a year.

Obviously your being sarcastic but one is a lot more likely than the other.

As for the media circus, Beast Mode Thrives off it. He thrives off of their ignorance. I always compared it to this example.

"If you dont like the music im playing, then dont get in the car!!!"

They Didnt like how he answered the questions, yet they ( like a bunch of morons), kept asking him questions.

What stemmed from this? many Beast Mode T-shirts and Hats that he made a killing off of. So Why would he not want the media circus?

He comes off as shy, yet when he does get in front of a camera, the attention he does attract rakes in a lot of money

He knows how to play the media game. He knows what hes doing

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
NJlargent":3pe08rqg said:
Why would Lynch go to the Raiders when his most successful years were in Seattle?

He's an Oakland guy, born, raised, and I think still lives there. Hometown team.

Anyone catch Gee Scott on 710 just now? He said its official, Marshawn is unretired and was visiting the VMAC yesterday. I guess next move is what PC/JS do, they better get some compensation, especially after they ate that $5,000,000 dead cap money last year after he retired.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
idk how real it is but if it is real what a slap in the face to the, fan, team and teamates. If I were the team, sorry Oakland you want him pay up. I'm not doing out of the goodness of my heart. I love Lynch but we have bent over backwards for him and he hung it up, if he's coming back loyalties are out the window cause he's not loyal to us anymore.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":9h5v2iql said:
Anyone catch Gee Scott on 710 just now? He said its official, Marshawn is unretired and was visiting the VMAC yesterday. I guess next move is what PC/JS do, they better get some compensation, especially after they ate that $5,000,000 dead cap money last year after he retired.

Holy @#$%^@#$%&

Listening to Clayton and (I think) Kapadia on 710 right now. Pretty interesting stuff. Lynch's contract that has been frozen since he retired puts his cap hit for the next season at $9 million so I'm not sure we could get any compensation from Oakland for him. If they or another team don't want to take on that contract, they'd just have to wait for us to cut him.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
But now:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/842793077517549576[/tweet]

So who know's whats going!?! Maybe he's still in the process of trying to figure it out? :Dunno:

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":40e8zcsa said:
twisted_steel2":40e8zcsa said:

Holy @#$%^@#$%&

If it were official, it would be filed with the league.