Rams @ 49ers 39-10, expert feedback wanted

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1zb7mslx said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1zb7mslx said:
Marvin49":1zb7mslx said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1zb7mslx said:
Right? Because the Head Coach has nothing to do with personnel changes or developing new personnel?

Um, what?

I don't even know what point you are making. If I understand the criticism you are making its that the 49ers aren't 6 deep at WR, 4 deep at RB, or 2 deep at QB so Shanahan sucks. Wow. I guess every coach sucks then.

Its been 1.5 years with Shanahan and Lynch. They've rolled over most of the roster.

They found Garoppolo, Goodwin and Tomlinson in FA/trades and all have played well. The drafted Foster, Kittle, McGlinchey and Warner who are all playing well.

It doesn't happen overnight and in particular when you are CRUSHED with injuries and have one at the most important position in sports.

When you put a player on the DL for the rest of the season or get thin at a position, it's YOUR job as the coach to either prepare the next player, or find a new one. It's also your job to assess the skills of your second stringers and make sure they're ready to step up. BTW They're 7 Deep at WR, 4 Deep at RB and 3 Deep at QB. Sorry, but Shanny's backup plan sucks. When Brady tore his ACL in the first game of 2008 Matt Cassel took them to an 11-5 season.

Coaching and Scouting is failing SF and I LOVE it. The biggest front office mistake in the last 20 years on any team was letting Harbaugh go. hahahahah
Bringing up Cassel just proves you’re either trolling or just special, as that team had just finished 17-0 and broke nearly every offensive record the year before. The talent around Cassel was absurd. Ryan Leaf could have squeaked out a winning record with that team.

You prove my point. The coaching and scouting led to excellent results. The opposite is true in SF right now.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2iliixvp said:
5_Golden_Rings":2iliixvp said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2iliixvp said:
Marvin49":2iliixvp said:
Um, what?

I don't even know what point you are making. If I understand the criticism you are making its that the 49ers aren't 6 deep at WR, 4 deep at RB, or 2 deep at QB so Shanahan sucks. Wow. I guess every coach sucks then.

Its been 1.5 years with Shanahan and Lynch. They've rolled over most of the roster.

They found Garoppolo, Goodwin and Tomlinson in FA/trades and all have played well. The drafted Foster, Kittle, McGlinchey and Warner who are all playing well.

It doesn't happen overnight and in particular when you are CRUSHED with injuries and have one at the most important position in sports.

When you put a player on the DL for the rest of the season or get thin at a position, it's YOUR job as the coach to either prepare the next player, or find a new one. It's also your job to assess the skills of your second stringers and make sure they're ready to step up. BTW They're 7 Deep at WR, 4 Deep at RB and 3 Deep at QB. Sorry, but Shanny's backup plan sucks. When Brady tore his ACL in the first game of 2008 Matt Cassel took them to an 11-5 season.

Coaching and Scouting is failing SF and I LOVE it. The biggest front office mistake in the last 20 years on any team was letting Harbaugh go. hahahahah
Bringing up Cassel just proves you’re either trolling or just special, as that team had just finished 17-0 and broke nearly every offensive record the year before. The talent around Cassel was absurd. Ryan Leaf could have squeaked out a winning record with that team.

You prove my point. The coaching and scouting led to excellent results. The opposite is true in SF right now.

Homey Please.

Bill Belichick became the HC in NE in 2000. The Cassel Season was 2008. That was EIGHT YEARS into Belichicks career in NE and they had gone 18-1 (including postseason) the year before.

Lynch and Shanahan have been in SF for a year and a half and have rolled over nearly the entire roster.

The fact that you even make a comparison is comical.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Marvin49":16gl0k4j said:
Sox-n-Hawks":16gl0k4j said:
5_Golden_Rings":16gl0k4j said:
Sox-n-Hawks":16gl0k4j said:

Homey Please.

Bill Belichick became the HC in NE in 2000. The Cassel Season was 2008. That was EIGHT YEARS into Belichicks career in NE and they had gone 18-1 (including postseason) the year before.

Lynch and Shanahan have been in SF for a year and a half and have rolled over nearly the entire roster.

So in 2001 when Brady replaced the injured Bledsoe the Pats shouldn't have won the Superbowl right?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2gzvjppb said:
5_Golden_Rings":2gzvjppb said:

The only thing proven is that you are either trolling or special.

Exhibit A:

Marvin49":2gzvjppb said:
5_Golden_Rings":2gzvjppb said:

Homey Please.

So in 2001 when Brady replaced the injured Bledsoe the Pats shouldn't have won the Superbowl right?
This response fails miserably to understand the fact that the nucleus of that 2001 Patriots team was put there by BILL PARCELLS and... wait for it... PETE CARROLL.

Rofl

Ty Law
Lawyer Milloy
Tedy Bruschi
Willie McGinest
Troy Brown
Kevin Faulk
Ted Johnson
Adam Vinatieri
Tebucky Jones
Damien Woody
Rod Rutledge
Drew Bledsoe

were all there when Belichick arrived, put there by Parcells and Carroll. There are others, but these guys made meaningful contributions to the 2001 Super Bowl Championship team (except Bledsoe, although without him they don't beat Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship).

As for Brady, Belichick missed on him five times.

That team went to the playoffs four of the previous six seasons BEFORE Belichick got there (and handn't had a losing record in four consecutive seasons and 5 of 6), thanks to Parcells and Carroll.

Of course, such lack of knowledge is to be expected from someone who became an NFL fan in 2012 (or later - after all, what lifelong Seahawks fan discovers the best Seahawks forum in existence in 2014?).

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":re4456on said:
Sox-n-Hawks":re4456on said:
5_Golden_Rings":re4456on said:

Exhibit A:

Marvin49":re4456on said:

Homey Please.

This response fails miserably to understand the fact that the nucleus of that 2001 Patriots team was put there by BILL PARCELLS and... wait for it... PETE CARROLL.

Rofl

Ty Law
Lawyer Milloy
Tedy Bruschi
Willie McGinest
Troy Brown
Kevin Faulk
Ted Johnson
Adam Vinatieri
Tebucky Jones
Damien Woody
Rod Rutledge
Drew Bledsoe

were all there when Belichick arrived, put there by Parcells and Carroll. There are others, but these guys made meaningful contributions to the 2001 Super Bowl Championship team (except Bledsoe, although without him they don't beat Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship).

That team went to the playoffs four of the previous six seasons BEFORE Belichick got there (and handn't had a losing record in four consecutive seasons and 5 of 6), thanks to Parcells and Carroll.

Of course, such lack of knowledge is to be expected from someone who became an NFL fan in 2012 (or later - after all, what lifelong Seahawks fan discovers the best Seahawks forum in existence in 2014?).

One who didn't have time to waste on the internet until then :mrgreen:

And yes, and thanks again for proving my point about coaching and scouting. It's absurd to think a team totally collapses like SF has and coaching isn't the problem.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1a1u5lct said:
5_Golden_Rings":1a1u5lct said:
5_Golden_Rings":1a1u5lct said:

Exhibit A:

Marvin49":1a1u5lct said:
Homey Please.

Rofl

Ty Law
Lawyer Milloy
Tedy Bruschi
Willie McGinest
Troy Brown
Kevin Faulk
Ted Johnson
Adam Vinatieri
Tebucky Jones
Damien Woody
Rod Rutledge
Drew Bledsoe

And yes, and thanks again for proving my point about coaching and scouting. It's absurd to think a team totally collapses like SF has and coaching isn't the problem.
Yes, coaching and team management caused the collapse.

The problem was mostly Trent Baalke, followed by the absurd hiring of Jim "The Fart Heard Round the World" Tomsula and then Chip Kelly (who managed to put the worst run defense in 49ers history on the field the year before Shanahan arrived).

But ultimately it is 49ers CEO/privileged son of team owner Jed York's fault. He was too much of a baby to deal with Jim Harbaugh, who despite his antics is and always has been a winner. I suppose it was Jim Harbaugh kicking Jed York out of a team meeting because, as he said to York, the meeting was "for men only." It hurt Jed York's feelings too much, so he chose the talent-less Baalke over Harbaugh, and then the talent drained like a bathtub.

Regarding Shanahan, the year before he arrived, the 49ers were 2-14. They were ranked 32 in defense and 31st in defense. The year before that they were ranked 29th in defense and 31st in offense.

Last year with Shanahan they were 6-10, ranked 24th in defense and 12th in offense. They became better primarily because of coaching. Of course, lose your starting QB and things will be very hard (imagine Seattle without Wilson, for example... unless you're one of those delusional Seahawk fans who underestimate Wilson's value). Yet still they are 19th in defense and 21st in offense. They have only won one game (one more than last year at this time), but the record of their opponents so far is 29-16-2. That is a HELL of a difficult schedule.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2z3ctqll said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2z3ctqll said:
5_Golden_Rings":2z3ctqll said:

Exhibit A:

Rofl

Ty Law
Lawyer Milloy
Tedy Bruschi
Willie McGinest
Troy Brown
Kevin Faulk
Ted Johnson
Adam Vinatieri
Tebucky Jones
Damien Woody
Rod Rutledge
Drew Bledsoe

Yes, coaching and team management caused the collapse.

The problem was mostly Trent Baalke, followed by the absurd hiring of Jim "The Fart Heard Round the World" Tomsula and then Chip Kelly (who managed to put the worst run defense in 49ers history on the field the year before Shanahan arrived).

But ultimately it is 49ers CEO/privileged son of team owner Jed York's fault. He was too much of a baby to deal with Jim Harbaugh, who despite his antics is and always has been a winner. I suppose it was Jim Harbaugh kicking Jed York out of a team meeting because, as he said to York, the meeting was "for men only." It hurt Jed York's feelings too much, so he chose the talent-less Baalke over Harbaugh, and then the talent drained like a bathtub.

Regarding Shanahan, the year before he arrived, the 49ers were 2-14. They were ranked 32 in defense and 31st in defense. The year before that they were ranked 29th in defense and 31st in offense.

Last year with Shanahan they were 6-10, ranked 24th in defense and 12th in offense. They became better primarily because of coaching. Of course, lose your starting QB and things will be very hard (imagine Seattle without Wilson, for example... unless you're one of those delusional Seahawk fans who underestimate Wilson's value). Yet still they are 19th in defense and 21st in offense. They have only won one game (one more than last year at this time), but the record of their opponents so far is 29-16-2. That is a HELL of a difficult schedule.

I agree with you 100% on the collapse. I still think the team would be scary if Harbaugh were the HC and Shanny were the OC. Thankfully, we don't live in that world.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2ylassok said:
Of course, lose your starting QB and things will be very hard (imagine Seattle without Wilson, for example... unless you're one of those delusional Seahawk fans who underestimate Wilson's value).

Words of wisdom right there, folks.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
It appears that after the 34-3 against the Raiders with Mullens, who broke three records today, that starting Mullens was not a stupid idea.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":ry6zg6el said:
It appears that after the 34-3 against the Raiders with Mullens, who broke three records today, that starting Mullens was not a stupid idea.

Sam Bradford could have looked good playing the Raiders tonight.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2176s4f9 said:
While the Raiders defense is terrible, with the way Beathard has been hesitant in the pocket, it was clear his confidence in what he was seeing was gone. Wrist injury or not, he needed to ride the bench.

We'll see if Mullens gets another start, and if he does, what he does with it. But Beathard just needs to be put down for a while.