Rams are trying to extend Fisher.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Maulbert":3rwh9jp3 said:
Don't forget: 10 more losses, he becomes the losingest coach in NFL history.
LOL every other coach on the top ten of that list is a legend. Hahahahahahah.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
For everyone pointing out Fisher's losses are also a sign of longevity and that he's surrounded by legends, I point out he has fewer wins and a lower win percentage than everyone else in that screencap except Weeb Ewbank, and Weeb Ewbank turned around 2 awful NFL franchises, won 3 NFL Championships (including 1 Super Bowl), discovered Johnny Unitas, and coached the biggest upset in NFL history (Super Bowl III). Fisher has 6 winning seasons in 20 years, and hasn't had a winning season since 2008.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Ramfan128":odbwp8tw said:
Maulbert":odbwp8tw said:

I don't really want to extend him right now - would rather wait until the end of the year to see how things go...

But it's ironic that this stat has him surrounded by some of the best coaches ever. "Losingest" would be in the eye of the beholder I suppose, but to me it's the coach with the worst winning % ever, as pointing out the losingest coach in the NFL is like criticizing Brett Favre for throwing the most INTs of all time.

Fisher is not elite coach and I'm not sure if I want him to stick around with the Rams - but criticizing him for being on this list is dumb.

Well he does have the worst win% of anyone else at the top of the list.

He has 6 winning seasons in 21 years coaching. Hes been around .500 for the other 15 years.

He's not a terrible coach, but theres really no good reason for the Rams to extend him or for him to get a shot anywhere else. Its pretty amazing that hes been coaching 21 seasons being as average as he is.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
chris98251":1zh6cttt said:
Maulbert":1zh6cttt said:

To have a lot of loses you have to be around a while, if you have a lot of loses yet have won it big, see Tom Landry, then you took s crappy team or expansion team and made it something.

So it's not a badge of honor but not exactly a slap in the face either.

Fisher has coached for 8 less seasons than Landry and is likely going to pass him for more losses this year. I get your point, but that's still pretty bad.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Not defending the guy, but across his career on average Fisher has lost 7.4 games per year. Bills Parcells (also on the list) on average across his career lost 6.8 games per and is in the Hall of Fame. With appropriate rounding we're basically talking two guys who on average take their team to 9-7.

Edit -- Also from that list: I consider myself to be a decently knowledgeable football fan, but if you made me put my hand on a bible and swear that I had heard of Weeb Ewbank before it would instantly burst into flames.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well someone trying to trash Fisher for his record and yet he is still in the league, there are many, many more that could not cut it and are not even probably in the top one hundred since they sucked so bad.

The argument is bad, this is similar to Warren Moon having the most fumbles as well as Dave Krieg, both had good careers.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Most of the coaches on that list accumulated so many losses by being in the league forever with some poor seasons sprinkled into their success. Tom Coughlin for example only has a .531 win % to Fishers .520. Coughlin however has had. Winning record in 10 of 20 seasons to Fishers 6 of 21. Look at Norv Turner, #14 on the list and the only guy under .500 in the top 15, he has 7 winning seasons in 15 years.

Fisher unlike the rest of those guys accumulated so many losses by being so extremely average for so long, with a good season occasionaly sprinkled in to keep his career alive. Again, not a bad coach, but theres no good reason he should still be in the league.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1f9ob54t said:
Most of the coaches on that list accumulated so many losses by being in the league forever with some poor seasons sprinkled into their success. Tom Coughlin for example only has a .531 win % to Fishers .520. Coughlin however has had. Winning record in 10 of 20 seasons to Fishers 6 of 21. Look at Norv Turner, #14 on the list and the only guy under .500 in the top 15, he has 7 winning seasons in 15 years.

Fisher unlike the rest of those guys accumulated so many losses by being so extremely average for so long, with a good season occasionaly sprinkled in to keep his career alive. Again, not a bad coach, but theres no good reason he should still be in the league.
Agree with this 100%.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
The responses in this thread only reinforce my opinion that Fisher has undeniably the most overblown reputation in the NFL. No, the guy isn't Dave Shula. He's a slightly better Dennis Erickson with a world class PR Staff.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Maulbert":25r93kl4 said:
The responses in this thread only reinforce my opinion that Fisher has undeniably the most overblown reputation in the NFL. No, the guy isn't Dave Shula. He's a slightly better Dennis Erickson with a world class PR Staff.
Rams only hired him because they lost out on Andy Reed. Now that would have been interesting if they had succeeded....

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":21sn5arf said:
Maulbert":21sn5arf said:
Rams only hired him because they lost out on Andy Reed. Now that would have been interesting if they had succeeded....

When was that? I don't recall hearing about Reid while Rams were in Spag coaching hell.

Fisher was hired in 2012, after Spag was fired at the end of 2011.

Reid was still coaching in Philly until end of 2012 and went to KC for 2013.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":3b3sk7ql said:
MizzouHawkGal":3b3sk7ql said:
Maulbert":3b3sk7ql said:

When was that? I don't recall hearing about Reid while Rams were in Spag coaching hell.

Fisher was hired in 2012, after Spag was fired at the end of 2011.

Reid was still coaching in Philly until end of 2012 and went to KC for 2013.
They were both competing for Reid but Jeffery was the last known quantity standing because Kansas City didn't sit around and went all in from the jump. They really hated Paoli and his Muppet Boy unlike St. Louis. It was hilarious to watch given it was my first year in Kansas City that I actually cared about the Chiefs. Seems like Kansas City won that battle hands down. The Rams as usual were a year too late and a dime short. They literally refused to fire their coach like everyone wanted and got second best as usual. Remember I live in Missouri so know everything that actually happened in St. Louis and Kansas City (like I actually care).

Typical Missouri mindset no risk but prove it that I'm wrong. It's just isn't how I think given I'm from the West Coast.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Fisher getting rewarded for getting that team out of St. Louis. He had a job to do and did it well.

253hawk

Reaction score
Well all he had to do was follow the flow chart that Kroenke gave him.

CSQqlwPUYAAc4od

chris98251

Reaction score
Wildcard - But I am on the competition committee and can change the rules and point out how everyone else is breaking them :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Silly Rams, all they had to do was give him this to help his performance..............

Ra 16427 01 s fs 0 20130102 212846 13 en

RedAlice

Reaction score
Since you went there, Chris.

It's not the shack, but I hardly doubt that is his issue. I'd be willing to find out. :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RedAlice":6xgeumea said:

It's not the shack, but I hardly doubt that is his issue. I'd be willing to find out. :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
Problem is he's so slimy you'd just slide off each other.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1f3zxulj said:
RedAlice":1f3zxulj said:

Problem is he's so slimy you'd just slide off each other.

Laugh.

Everyone gets a new start this season for my opinions. How long that lasts will depend on the actual season.