Rex":3u9q7ttf said:
rideaducati":3u9q7ttf said:
Rex":3u9q7ttf said:
This what I've been saying all along.

Adrian Peterson doesn’t believe hit on Teddy Bridgewater was dirty

Posted by Mike Florio on November 10, 2015, 9:18 PM EST
Adrian Peterson
AP
Plenty of people believe the hit applied by Rams cornerback Lamarcus Joyner on Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was dirty. Vikings running back Adrian Peterson isn’t among those who do.

“Initial reaction, I actually just took off sprinting over there towards the Rams players because you know I seen it and it looked bad,” Peterson said on Monday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio.“It looked dirty, but as I was over there kind of in the midst of those guys I wanted to watch the replay before I reacted and I do anything crazy but, you know, that is our guy. It appeared dirty but watching the replay I honestly feel, my opinion, that he didn’t target him. If he was targeting him he did a bad job of executing.

“I feel like it was a bang-bang play. Teddy slid; unfortunately his head came up. If his head’s flat, I think the guy’s shoulder misses but that’s not normally how a quarterbacks’s head is when he’s sliding. . . . It was still, though, you see the quarterback approaching you so you should you know he’s going to slide. You see him in his slide formation. You should just do a run by anyway and not put yourself in that position, but unfortunately for him he did, and it was upsetting to say the least.”

Peterson said he understands the concerns about the situation, given the history of Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. But Peterson prefers to view the situation as not calculated, not deliberate.

“Personally, you know, I like to see the best of people so I would say that wasn’t targeting based on me evaluating it with my eyes and really kind of making a sound judgement on it.
It still wasn’t a smart play, and our quarterback was out for the rest of the game so that hurt us and it was a tough one. It was real close so I can see why opinions would sway to be it being intentional.”

Two wrongs doesn't mean you're right.

Its Peterson's opinion and one which I agree.

Thankfully, the NFL doesn't. A much deserved fine.

I've never disputed the fine. When the QB was hit there was likely to be a fine since intent is subjective. But to claim Joyner is a dirty player because of it is wrong.

253hawk

Reaction score
Says the guy who inferred the LOB as dirty with no examples of proof. Browner maybe, but that was a long time ago.

The Rams' entire defense is notorious for being a bunch of trash-talking, hot-headed chippy a-holes. That's on the coaches. During the week 17 meltdown in 2013, Fisher was just walking around like nothing was happening while his players racked up personal foul after personal foul. They had an unnecessary roughness and an illegal block above the waist on the fourth play from scrimmage, just over 1 minute into the game. There were enough unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and ejections to meet a team's quota for the entire season.

That should be downright embarrassing for a coach on the competition committee. And he just stood there for 3 hours and did nothing about it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
253hawk":3qcor9di said:
Says the guy who inferred the LOB as dirty with no examples of proof. Browner maybe, but that was a long time ago.

The Rams' entire defense is notorious for being a bunch of trash-talking, hot-headed chippy a-holes. That's on the coaches. During the week 17 meltdown in 2013, Fisher was just walking around like nothing was happening while his players racked up personal foul after personal foul. They had an unnecessary roughness and an illegal block above the waist on the fourth play from scrimmage, just over 1 minute into the game. There were enough unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and ejections to meet a team's quota for the entire season.

That should be downright embarrassing for a coach on the competition committee. And he just stood there for 3 hours and did nothing about it.
It likely would be embarrassing if he wasn't the one teaching and encouraging this kind of football.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Posted by Mike Florio on November 10, 2015, 9:18 PM EST
Adrian Peterson
AP
Plenty of people believe the hit applied by Rams cornerback Lamarcus Joyner on Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was dirty. Vikings running back Adrian Peterson isn’t among those who do.

“Initial reaction, I actually just took off sprinting over there towards the Rams players because you know I seen it and it looked bad,” Peterson said on Monday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio.“It looked dirty, but as I was over there kind of in the midst of those guys I wanted to watch the replay before I reacted and I do anything crazy but, you know, that is our guy. It appeared dirty but watching the replay I honestly feel, my opinion, that he didn’t target him. If he was targeting him he did a bad job of executing.

“I feel like it was a bang-bang play. Teddy slid; unfortunately his head came up. If his head’s flat, I think the guy’s shoulder misses but that’s not normally how a quarterbacks’s head is when he’s sliding. . . . It was still, though, you see the quarterback approaching you so you should you know he’s going to slide. You see him in his slide formation. You should just do a run by anyway and not put yourself in that position, but unfortunately for him he did, and it was upsetting to say the least.”

Peterson said he understands the concerns about the situation, given the history of Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. But Peterson prefers to view the situation as not calculated, not deliberate.

“Personally, you know, I like to see the best of people so I would say that wasn’t targeting based on me evaluating it with my eyes and really kind of making a sound judgement on it.
It still wasn’t a smart play, and our quarterback was out for the rest of the game so that hurt us and it was a tough one. It was real close so I can see why opinions would sway to be it being intentional.”[/quote]

Two wrongs doesn't mean you're right.[/quote]

Its Peterson's opinion and one which I agree.[/quote]

Thankfully, the NFL doesn't. A much deserved fine.[/quote]

I've never disputed the fine. When the QB was hit there was likely to be a fine since intent is subjective. But to claim Joyner is a dirty player because of it is wrong.[/quote]

You keep making this personal about Joyner.

He may be a nice dude. Doesnt mean that he didnt commit a dirty play via his dirty coaches.

Our problem is with your systemic pattern of dirty play year after year after year. Joyner just happened to be the guy this time.