Rams at Vikings, w/ Preview from CBS Sports

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Don't the Rams fans have their own message board? I think it's funny how they disappear on our board when their seasons suck but appear here when they are 'somewhat' competitive. lol. I don't mind discussing other teams here with other Hawk fans but geez you would swear that this is the other team's board the way their fans congregate like flies on shit any time their team is mentioned here. Hilarious.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1avxyipo said:
Don't the Rams fans have their own message board? I think it's funny how they disappear on our board when their seasons suck but appear here when they are 'somewhat' competitive. lol. I don't mind discussing other teams here with other Hawk fans but geez you would swear that this is the other team's board the way their fans congregate like flies on shit any time their team is mentioned here. Hilarious.

There are two rams fans each year that puff out their chests here. They're usually gone by this point in the season because their team is out of contention. This year is a little different in that the Rams have been above .500 until this week. I'm sure that in the next few weeks ram fans will discover the reality is that their team is still mired in mediocrity and will again finish within a game of .500.

ringless

Reaction score
Scottemojo":25589k14 said:
Gurley is fun to watch.

But end arounds to Austin are not. Every one of those is a touch taken from a very good back.

Watching this game I don't know how many time I saw this play run. If it wasn't this play then they just handed it off to Gurley while Austin faked it.

Literally two plays in their playbook. I don't see it getting them too far

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":29xy5h1f said:
Seahwkgal":29xy5h1f said:

There are two rams fans each year that puff out their chests here. They're usually gone by this point in the season because their team is out of contention. This year is a little different in that the Rams have been above .500 until this week. I'm sure that in the next few weeks ram fans will discover the reality is that their team is still mired in mediocrity and will again finish within a game of .500.

Rams fans are everywhere. We're special. Will be so much fun watching the Rams go undefeated in the division this season.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":1n1060mn said:
rideaducati":1n1060mn said:
Seahwkgal":1n1060mn said:

Rams fans are everywhere. We're special. Will be so much fun watching the Rams go undefeated in the division this season.

Have you been sniffing glue again?

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":2ghkooh2 said:
Rex":2ghkooh2 said:
rideaducati":2ghkooh2 said:
Seahwkgal":2ghkooh2 said:

Have you been sniffing glue again?

High on life! :0190l:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Rex":3on99q9f said:
rideaducati":3on99q9f said:
Seahwkgal":3on99q9f said:

And still finishing in the bottom of the division.

Well at least you still have Ramrules.

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
RichNhansom":38hjjabk said:
Rex":38hjjabk said:
rideaducati":38hjjabk said:
Seahwkgal":38hjjabk said:

And still finishing in the bottom of the division.

Well at least you still have Ramrules.

Indeed! :0190l:

chris98251

Reaction score
Rex":31b49ftp said:
rideaducati":31b49ftp said:
Seahwkgal":31b49ftp said:

Yes the are, once under .500 you see them hiding under other teams jerseys most often.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
rideaducati":343djz2u said:
Ramfan128":343djz2u said:
rideaducati":343djz2u said:
Ramfan128":343djz2u said:
It WAS a dirty hit by Joyner, but I don't believe he had any intent to take Bridgewater out. Hurt him? Yes...as I think all NFL defenders intend to hurt someone. I think his mindset was, "he's killing us with these scrambles, so if I hit him hard he'll think twice before scrambling again".

It's frustrating that the narrative here is that Fisher/Williams are dirty/cheap shot coaches. Seahawks fans think this because the most undisciplined game we played happened to be against the Hawks.

The 3 QBs that got injured against us before Teddy this year and last year, were all clean hits. The hit against Teddy outside of the pocket was a clean hit - as was explained in the broadcast, you're allowed to go low on a QB when he's out of the pocket. Hayes was trying to hit him, and hitting him low wasn't illegal - ergo it's not "dirty".

Under Fisher's tenure, the Rams have played undisciplined football - but this season we have really turned that around. We're in the top 5 in personal foul/unsportsmanlike conduct penalties this season.

So IMO, drudging up the narrative about Fisher/Williams is just plain lazy.

It's football - the reality is that no matter who you play against, your QB is going to get hit. The QB runs the risk of getting injured anytime he crosses the LOS.

I admit it was dirty, because it was. That doesn't mean the Rams are dirty, or even that Joyner himself is a dirty player - we as people do stupid things without actually being stupid. He did something bad, and he will probably pay for it. I'd have no problem with the NFL suspending him. That will all be taken care of.

Now we should just move on. Contrary to popular belief, the Rams are not a dirty team. I have NO problem with a player on my team hitting a QB that's been killing us by running the ball, a little late. I wish he wouldn't have hit him in the head, but I don't think he can possibly have meant to do that. It sucks that Bridgewater went out, and I hope he recovers and can play next week.

But seeing this and filing it under "Fisher and Williams are dirty" is just lazy. We've come a long way and it's sad that after a bang/bang play with likely no ill intent, it's back to "the Rams are dirty".

It would be like a Seahawks player getting caught with PEDs and me saying "Seahawks cheat" - it's lazy, and it's not looking at each individual scenario.

The Rams are DIRTY and CHEAP SHOT ARTISTS. Watch the Rams players when getting up from the piles and you will notice a push to the throat or helmet or a knee to a back or thigh to help themselves up. I don't mind the hard hits during play, but I see the little things the Rams do as cheap and dirty. That isn't a lazy assumption because I have seen it with my own eyes more from the Rams than most other teams.

The niners of the past few years were doing that garbage a lot too. I'm seeing more coming from the packers and Broncos than usual too. That punk ass stuff is cheap and dirty and should be taken out of the game.

The Rams are really good at getting a head shot on every tackle they can when it is legal too. Most teams tackle the body, the Rams tackle by the head.

You're wrong. And I'm pretty sure I watch the Rams A LOT more than you do.

To make the comment that you "see it with your own eyes more from the Rams than most other teams" must mean you watch literally every play of every NFL game.....which we know isn't true. In fact, aside from highlights, I'd bet that there are some teams that you haven't seen play a single down. So you cannot accurately make the statement that the Rams do little stuff after a play than other teams when you can't possibly know that.

The Rams are not the same team that they were two years ago.

I actually do watch most games. My wife gets upset because every dvr in the house is full of NFL games. The teams within the division are full games and there are a few teams outside the division that like to watch and I record all the short cuts of the rest. I haven't watched a single Patriot game this year, but I have seen EVERY other team at least twice....except Kansas City..I could only watch them once and I think they are the worst team in the league...even worse than the niners.

If there was a good game where the favorite lost, I make sure to watch the coaches film of that game. After the short cuts, I also pick a game or two that was well played and watch the coaches film of those...so, I actually watch Most games eventually. And just so you know, I have seen every snap your sacrificial lambs have been on the field for the past 6 seasons...boy do I want credit for all that wasted time.

After all that, the Rams are still dirty, cheap shot artists and they do that stupid crap I pointed out that they do in my previous post and they do it more than "most" teams do. Maybe someday you'll have Sunday Ticket and Gamepass so you can watch other teams and compare them to your dirty, cheap shot artists.

First of all, I do have the Sunday ticket and game pass. I watch as many games as possible live.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...although I think you're biased and it says something that there are some Seeahawk fans that wouldn't agree with you.

When you say you've seen every team twice though - that proves my point. Every team has played at least 8 games, so saying that you've seen 25% of a teams' plays and that you can emphatically state that the Rams do stuff that other teams don't is just.......wrong.

You hate the Rams...cool...I hate the Seahawks. If I were in your shoes I'd probably be saying the same things. But the Rams aren't any dirtier than other teams....facts like personal fouls and fines handed out would back that up.

253hawk

Reaction score
Just because they aren't getting caught or punished doesn't mean they aren't doing it.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
It's frustrating that the narrative here is that Fisher/Williams are dirty/cheap shot coaches. Seahawks fans think this because the most undisciplined game we played happened to be against the Hawks.

The 3 QBs that got injured against us before Teddy this year and last year, were all clean hits. The hit against Teddy outside of the pocket was a clean hit - as was explained in the broadcast, you're allowed to go low on a QB when he's out of the pocket. Hayes was trying to hit him, and hitting him low wasn't illegal - ergo it's not "dirty".

Under Fisher's tenure, the Rams have played undisciplined football - but this season we have really turned that around. We're in the top 5 in personal foul/unsportsmanlike conduct penalties this season.

So IMO, drudging up the narrative about Fisher/Williams is just plain lazy.

It's football - the reality is that no matter who you play against, your QB is going to get hit. The QB runs the risk of getting injured anytime he crosses the LOS.

I admit it was dirty, because it was. That doesn't mean the Rams are dirty, or even that Joyner himself is a dirty player - we as people do stupid things without actually being stupid. He did something bad, and he will probably pay for it. I'd have no problem with the NFL suspending him. That will all be taken care of.

Now we should just move on. Contrary to popular belief, the Rams are not a dirty team. I have NO problem with a player on my team hitting a QB that's been killing us by running the ball, a little late. I wish he wouldn't have hit him in the head, but I don't think he can possibly have meant to do that. It sucks that Bridgewater went out, and I hope he recovers and can play next week.

But seeing this and filing it under "Fisher and Williams are dirty" is just lazy. We've come a long way and it's sad that after a bang/bang play with likely no ill intent, it's back to "the Rams are dirty".

It would be like a Seahawks player getting caught with PEDs and me saying "Seahawks cheat" - it's lazy, and it's not looking at each individual scenario.[/quote]

The Rams are DIRTY and CHEAP SHOT ARTISTS. Watch the Rams players when getting up from the piles and you will notice a push to the throat or helmet or a knee to a back or thigh to help themselves up. I don't mind the hard hits during play, but I see the little things the Rams do as cheap and dirty. That isn't a lazy assumption because I have seen it with my own eyes more from the Rams than most other teams.

The niners of the past few years were doing that garbage a lot too. I'm seeing more coming from the packers and Broncos than usual too. That punk ass stuff is cheap and dirty and should be taken out of the game.

The Rams are really good at getting a head shot on every tackle they can when it is legal too. Most teams tackle the body, the Rams tackle by the head.[/quote]

You're wrong. And I'm pretty sure I watch the Rams A LOT more than you do.

To make the comment that you "see it with your own eyes more from the Rams than most other teams" must mean you watch literally every play of every NFL game.....which we know isn't true. In fact, aside from highlights, I'd bet that there are some teams that you haven't seen play a single down. So you cannot accurately make the statement that the Rams do little stuff after a play than other teams when you can't possibly know that.

The Rams are not the same team that they were two years ago.[/quote]

I actually do watch most games. My wife gets upset because every dvr in the house is full of NFL games. The teams within the division are full games and there are a few teams outside the division that like to watch and I record all the short cuts of the rest. I haven't watched a single Patriot game this year, but I have seen EVERY other team at least twice....except Kansas City..I could only watch them once and I think they are the worst team in the league...even worse than the niners.

If there was a good game where the favorite lost, I make sure to watch the coaches film of that game. After the short cuts, I also pick a game or two that was well played and watch the coaches film of those...so, I actually watch Most games eventually. And just so you know, I have seen every snap your sacrificial lambs have been on the field for the past 6 seasons...boy do I want credit for all that wasted time.

After all that, the Rams are still dirty, cheap shot artists and they do that stupid crap I pointed out that they do in my previous post and they do it more than "most" teams do. Maybe someday you'll have Sunday Ticket and Gamepass so you can watch other teams and compare them to your dirty, cheap shot artists.[/quote]

First of all, I do have the Sunday ticket and game pass. I watch as many games as possible live.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...although I think you're biased and it says something that there are some Seeahawk fans that wouldn't agree with you.

When you say you've seen every team twice though - that proves my point. Every team has played at least 8 games, so saying that you've seen 25% of a teams' plays and that you can emphatically state that the Rams do stuff that other teams don't is just.......wrong.

You hate the Rams...cool...I hate the Seahawks. If I were in your shoes I'd probably be saying the same things. But the Rams aren't any dirtier than other teams....facts like personal fouls and fines handed out would back that up.[/quote]

Is that right?

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/11/8/ ... y-harrison

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/22/ ... suspension

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84022 ... louis-rams

Shall I keep going? That took me about 8 seconds of "searching"

You have a reputation. You can pretend you dont if you want to I guess.

The NFL is tired of the antics of your coaching staff. Total douchebag actions every year.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The Rams are called out for being dirty more often than other teams. I see them being BLATANTLY dirty just as Rex is being BLATANTLY ignorant in this case.

When you can't even admit that the total bullshit the Rams do is dirty, you're a blind homer. I lost what very little respect for you that I had. I challenge you to take the blinders off and pay attention to your dirty team when they are unpiling. It disgusting the way your team does that crap more than MOST teams. I knew you were challenged, but you're spinning more than Marvin ever has.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkpower":4xb9uwst said:
hawksfansinceday1":4xb9uwst said:
"Hawkpower" is a Rams fan. SMH.

Um, what? Did I miss the sarcasm button? 8)
Quoting your last post......
"The 3 QBs that got injured against us before Teddy this year and last year, were all clean hits."
Ah now I see. You're quoting Ramfan128 from the page before this one. Might be helpful if you use the quote button.

Exittium

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2lqsomvn said:
Hawkpower":2lqsomvn said:
hawksfansinceday1":2lqsomvn said:

"The 3 QBs that got injured against us before Teddy this year and last year, were all clean hits."
Ah now I see. You're quoting Ramfan128 from the page before this one. Might be helpful if you use the quote button.

He cant probably due to there being a limit on how many quotes can be in a post

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ljx91px said:
The Rams are called out for being dirty more often than other teams. I see them being BLATANTLY dirty just as Rex is being BLATANTLY ignorant in this case.

When you can't even admit that the total bullshit the Rams do is dirty, you're a blind homer. I lost what very little respect for you that I had. I challenge you to take the blinders off and pay attention to your dirty team when they are unpiling. It disgusting the way your team does that crap more than MOST teams. I knew you were challenged, but you're spinning more than Marvin ever has.

I'm not a blind homer. Joyner meant to hit Bridgewater since he was out of the pocket and past the LOS. EVERY DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE NFL IS GOING TO DO THE SAME IN THAT INSTANT. Joyner pulled up when he saw the QB slide instead of giving him the shoulder he tried to go over the QB while bracing his impact with the ground by his elbow.....which unfortunately made contact with the helmet. The hit to the head was unintentional. I'm not spinning anything.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Exittium":1bdmlbuz said:
hawksfansinceday1":1bdmlbuz said:
Hawkpower":1bdmlbuz said:
hawksfansinceday1":1bdmlbuz said:

He cant probably due to there being a limit on how many quotes can be in a post

True enough.

Perhaps there is a way around it that I am unaware of :D

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rex":25qoi5o8 said:
rideaducati":25qoi5o8 said:

I'm not a blind homer. Joyner meant to hit Bridgewater since he was out of the pocket and past the LOS. EVERY DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE NFL IS GOING TO DO THE SAME IN THAT INSTANT. Joyner pulled up when he saw the QB slide instead of giving him the shoulder he tried to go over the QB while bracing his impact with the ground by his elbow.....which unfortunately made contact with the helmet. The hit to the head was unintentional. I'm not spinning anything.

We've been over this.

Joyner didnt leave his feet from his launch until AFTER Bridgwater slid.

If Joyner truly wanted to avoid contact, all he had to do was stay on his feet.

Simple as that.

Latest posts