Rams bench Nick Foles

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Rex":2fr6gpni said:
SuperMan28":2fr6gpni said:
Just looked at who in college football has ever had more passing yards than Keenum. I couldn't find anybody.

He said he's been bagging a few groceries on the side, too.

Franchise! :mrgreen:

Warner was a revelation in '99.......to give due respect so was Martz. Martz directed Warner to throw to a space confident the WR would be there. Foles appears entirely ignorant of the concept among many others at QB. At least he got paid.

I'm expecting next to nothing from Keenum but wish him the best.

I love Keenum, I truly think he will just throw the ball deep and often because he can and he's a backup (he basically said he would when he was with the Texans) - if he does that well enough, even minimal success rate, Gurley will probably thrive even more.

Rex

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2s1u8cl8 said:
ivotuk":2s1u8cl8 said:
Fisher trying to preserve his job by blaming it on the QB..............
Agree. It's the type of person this guy is IMO.

Jeff Fisher has been under center this entire season? :roll:

SuperMan28

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":1e2hhpnd said:
Rex":1e2hhpnd said:
SuperMan28":1e2hhpnd said:
Just looked at who in college football has ever had more passing yards than Keenum. I couldn't find anybody.

He said he's been bagging a few groceries on the side, too.

Franchise! :mrgreen:

Warner was a revelation in '99.......to give due respect so was Martz. Martz directed Warner to throw to a space confident the WR would be there. Foles appears entirely ignorant of the concept among many others at QB. At least he got paid.

I'm expecting next to nothing from Keenum but wish him the best.

I love Keenum, I truly think he will just throw the ball deep and often because he can and he's a backup (he basically said he would when he was with the Texans) - if he does that well enough, even minimal success rate, Gurley will probably thrive even more.

He threw a perfect 80 yard bomb to Givens in the Preseason. It was amazing.

I'm not worried about Foles's ability to throw the deep ball, or Keenum's. Reading the field has been Foles's major issue along with misfires. I just want Keenum to make the right read and go through his progressions properly. If he can do that, along with a consistent throw, he'll be a huge upgrade over Foles's recent performances. It's been hard to watch him perform so indecisively and miss throws he shouldn't.

I'd put Foles third on the depth chart right now because I'd like to see what Mannion can do, barring a Keenum injury.

Something else that's good is Keenum is pretty athletic. I'm not saying he's a Russel Wilson, but more like Drew Breese. In fact Keenum could be considered a poor man's Drew Breese. He's had some really good games in the past despite a pretty bad 2013 HOU team. He went back and won two games for the Texans at the end of last year.

I'd like to see the Rams have a QB option at least a couple times a game with Keenum. With defenses biting hard on Gurley, it could be effective. Wilson does well on those.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Yea, Foles needed to be sat down.

All we need from the QB position to win games is to hit wide open WRs, and hand the ball off.

Foles was missing wide open WRs. So I think Keenum will be an upgrade.

The bigger issue is losing Jamon Brown....that's two starting guards down now. And obviously Robinson is struggling. Season's over anyways, so at least we'll get this young OL and Gurley some more experience.

@Ravens is still winnable

@Bengals - they don't scare me. After last night, and considering the Seahawks almost beat them in Cincy, not scary at all

Cardinals - that'll be a bad, bad, bad loss

Lions - should still win

Bucs - should still win

@Seahawks - who knows

@Niners - should still win

Win this week, then pull one out at Cincy or Seattle, and we're looking at 9-7. I refuse to believe this team is as bad as the one that showed up against Chicago last week.

And I think GB and Atlanta are in free fall mode. I believe the 6th seed will end up being 9-7. Doubt it will be us though, and I'm guessing we end up at 8-8.

Rex

Reaction score
I still like the Rams playing against any team in the division.

NINEster

Reaction score
Rex":3pkxg1jq said:

They are mighty effective in the NFC West for sure.

But can't get it together consistently against the rest of the league unless the opponent is the New Orleans Saints, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Denver Broncos.

Then they administer beatdowns.

A very good HC/OC/DC and the Rams are a scary team, even with their current QB situation.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
NINEster":2vvrw25u said:
Rex":2vvrw25u said:

But can't get it together consistently against the rest of the league unless the opponent is the New Orleans Saints, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Denver Broncos.

A very good HC/OC/DC and the Rams are a scary team, even with their current QB situation.

Use to be able to add WAS on that list. That game still bothers the thunder out of me...

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2iztoe3j said:
And why did the Rams give him a big contract extension before he even played a game with them?
I wish people were asking the same thing when we traded for Harvin...

It's in a team's best interest not to give out big contracts to players who haven't proven their value on the team.

Rex

Reaction score
SuperMan28":1y45nrkj said:
NINEster":1y45nrkj said:
Rex":1y45nrkj said:

Use to be able to add WAS on that list. That game still bothers the thunder out of me...

Can the Raiders still make the beatdown list?

Rex

Reaction score
Largent80":27pn4kqx said:
Rex" Whats it like to be consistently beaten by a dolt? :lol:[/quote:27pn4kqx said:
Rams haven't won in Seattle for over a DECADE.

The time is nigh. :0190l:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":2bkeerz6 said:
Largent80":2bkeerz6 said:
Rex":2bkeerz6 said:
Whats it like to be consistently beaten by a dolt? :lol:

Want to bet on that? I propose this: When the Seahawks win, you can NEVER AGAIN use :0190l: in a post and you have to change your username to "insignificant Rex"

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":2fjp9dly said:
Rex":2fjp9dly said:
Largent80":2fjp9dly said:
Rex":2fjp9dly said:
Whats it like to be consistently beaten by a dolt? :lol:

Want to bet on that? I propose this: When the Seahawks win, you can NEVER AGAIN use :0190l: in a post and you have to change your username to "insignificant Rex"

I don't need to bet. Besides why would I knowing the little :0190l: irks you so? Happiness, excitement.....not at all your thing. Oh my...namecalling by you? Careful with what you ask for because I could ask for you to be "Vespa". :lol:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":2cgvyt67 said:
rideaducati":2cgvyt67 said:
Rex":2cgvyt67 said:
Largent80":2cgvyt67 said:

I don't bet. Besides why would I knowing the little :0190l: irks you so? Happiness, excitement.....not at all your thing. Oh my...namecalling by you? Careful with what you ask for because I could ask for you to be "Vespa". :lol:

You don't bet? You spew forth but are afraid to back that spew...typical ram fan. I would go with vespa, won't have to because the Seahawks won't lose and the goat fan is afraid though. Oh well...spew forth :0190l:

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":1wkqo49p said:
You don't bet? You spew forth but are afraid to back that spew...typical ram fan. I would go with vespa, won't have to because the Seahawks won't lose and the goat fan is afraid though. Oh well...spew forth :0190l:

I don't need to bet. So can I call you Vespa? I mean unless you're "afraid"?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":fvfqjso4 said:
rideaducati":fvfqjso4 said:

Name calling is all you've got?

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":1iuob7ng said:
Rex":1iuob7ng said:
rideaducati":1iuob7ng said:

Name calling is all you've got. I've got :0190l: . Answer my question please.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rex":hb8x2ivp said:
rideaducati":hb8x2ivp said:
Rex":hb8x2ivp said:
rideaducati":hb8x2ivp said:

Name calling is all you've got. I've got :0190l: . Answer my question please.

You can call me vespa if you take the bet and win.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":3i5twb2y said:
You can call me vespa if you take the bet and win.

I can call you that in the shack and PWR now.

Latest posts