Rams Fan First Post

OP
OP
M

mr.stlouis

Reaction score
RamzFanz":1eolp6o6 said:
Throwdown":1eolp6o6 said:
Jenkins is on the cusp of being an elite CB, I'll give you that. But your boys claiming to have the best CB tandem in the league need to stop sippin' the moonshine.

One of the best and perhaps the best.

Wilson scored 1 rushing and 1 passing TD against the Rams last season and threw 3 interceptions, 2 of them to CBs, if I remember correctly. Didn't Wilson tie Manning for TDs through the air or somethng? Not against the current Rams corners though. Pretty good corners. They helped create the opportunity for the 8 sacks too I'm sure. Yes?

Oh, the one TD was against Craig Dahl. He's a Niners now. You're welcome.

Here! Here! A voice of reason.

And don't forget added coverage skills from Ogletree, Hawks fans. Camp reports are giving him very high marks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
This is a joke. Your corners sucked last year, they benefited largely from the ridiculous defensive line you have. Here, let's compare their Pro Football Focus ratings against Seattle's for 2012, all CBs that played at least 25% of snaps:

Richard Sherman: +25.1, 2nd in the NFL only behind Antoine Winfield.
Brandon Browner: +7.6, 22nd in the NFL.

Cortland Finnegan: -5.6, 86th in the NFL.
Janoris Jenkins: -7.9, 101st in the NFL. (There are a total of 113 CBs on this list.)

YEAH, your corners are great; just like McDonald's cheeseburgers are a gourmet mouthgasm. Finnegan had +17.4 in 2011 with the Titans, though; so was he injured in 2012, or being used in a really bad way with the Rams, or what?

Here come the denials, calling of PFF idiots, etc. Quintin Mikell graded out at +15.3, though; 5th-best safety in the league. So, I guess the Rams fans will have to figure out how to call the PFF guys morons without nullifying the Mikell grade. :lol:

jhawk91

Reaction score
Oh jeez Rams fans trolling now to? Atleast the Niners posters have a good team and SOME legit arguments to there points. Next Cards fans will come tell us Carson Palmer is going to be the next Kurt Warner

RedAlice

Reaction score
mr.stlouis":1cx36qsp said:
RedAlice":1cx36qsp said:
mr.stlouis":1cx36qsp said:
I just wanna say I feel SO WELCOMED by the fact my fellow football fans bumped this all the way back to the top and replied so many times. I feel the love, actions speak louder than words. Wanted to let this thread die out of respect, being I'm a fan of a rivalry team.

Thanks guys! Glad to be here among such passionate, and tolerant, fans. It's nice to be a part of. :D

are you only addressing Hawk fans? I have enjoyed your knowledge, but notice you ignore other Rams' fans.

Lol well if it appeared I "ignored them" then I certainly didn't intend to. I've been on the Ram boards for some time. I feel I have a good bead on their opinions. Getting in depth knowledge on Seahawk fans is what I'm after.

And yes I was referring to Seahawk fans because that is the majority of the posts.

"I ignored them"???? I was referring to me. Read my sig line.

But then, you are from St. Louis so I shouldn't expect too much.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jhawk91":1dluopot said:
Oh jeez Rams fans trolling now to? Atleast the Niners posters have a good team and SOME legit arguments to there points. Next Cards fans will come tell us Carson Palmer is going to be the next Kurt Warner
The key question is which Kurt Warner? Carson Palmer like Sam Bradford are a far simpler puzzle to solve because....well they aren't good.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":hfhufxup said:
jhawk91":hfhufxup said:
The key question is which Kurt Warner? Carson Palmer like Sam Bradford are a far simpler puzzle to solve because....well they aren't good.

Only good enough to beat the Hawks and then almost beat the Hawks in Seattle. With no offense or O line. This season is going to be a shocker for the Hawks when the Rams sweep them.

Wilson's good though. Very elusive. Rams could only sack him 8 times.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RamzFanz, if you think the trick play that got you a win when we were in your house will work against us again, keep dreaming. We might go 1-1 with you again, but there is no way you're sweeping us.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2nwbjli7 said:
RamzFanz, if you think the trick play that got you a win when we were in your house will work against us again, keep dreaming. We might go 1-1 with you again, but there is no way you're sweeping us.

Dude, just let them talk. When you're a mediocre team, the only joy you have is at the beginning of the season when anything can happen. Best let them enjoy it now before they disappear when the losses start piling up, and they have to come to grips with Bradford's sheer averageness.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
The Rams and Seahawks split two, tough, hard fought games last year. I don't get why a bit of mutual respect is such a tough concept for some people.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AvengerRam":85u33pv6 said:
The Rams and Seahawks split two, tough, hard fought games last year. I don't get why a bit of mutual respect is such a tough concept for some people.

Your homeboy is the main reason. Bradford scares nobody. Unless your defense rises to 2000 Baltimore Ravens level to carry a mediocre QB to a Lombardi, nobody's going to be scared of the Rams. However, I thought that I personally did show respect when I said we very well might split the games. I mean, we were 11-5 last year with a tough schedule and a rookie QB on the rise, so I don't think anybody should take it personally when a team in that situation expects to win most of their games. *shrug*

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Your view of Bradford is your security blanket.... perhaps because you don't want to think of what might happen if you're wrong.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AvengerRam":1jznp5l0 said:
Your view of Bradford is your security blanket.... perhaps because you don't want to think of what might happen if you're wrong.

A lot of people are terrified of admitting they were wrong about something; but not me. If Bradford becomes good or elite this year, I'll eat crow. I think it's far more likely that you'll be the one that has to eat it, though.

*In the voice of Jigsaw from the film Saw* I'd like to play a game.

Want to make a bet on it? How about a signature bet; the loser has to put a line saying "I was wrong about Sam Bradford, he's a great QB.", or "I was wrong about Sam Bradford, his ceiling is mediocrity and I want him gone.", depending on who wins. If you're game, then we can discuss what season-average stats Bradford needs to get to win the bet.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
90's good, but I was thinking about minimums for several main/important stats. I'll even give you an edge in passer rating. Say, 85 passer rating, 2:1 TD-int ratio, a 7-yard pass average, and more than a 60% completion rating. (60.1% or higher, say.) Bradford has achieved none of those in any given season to date, but they are all stats any good QB gets pretty much every season.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
I like the passer rating becuse its a simple, one number, way of determining the bet.

So... 90 or better and you post the sig, 89.9 or lower and I do?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Eh, alright, I'll take that. However, if Bradford manages to somehow post 90+ but tank every other stat I mentioned, I will be bitter and heckle you about it and contest it, despite still wearing the sig. ;) (I never welsh on bets.)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
How long does the loser have to keep the sig? Through the draft, or until training camp, or what? (Also, I'm sure we agree that the sig must be in place before the playoffs start; so the week between weeks 17 and wild card weekend.)