Rams look like garbage

RedAlice

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1maoah1f said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

WHAT WAS THAT!?!?! :lol:

28-0 against the Niners! The Rams an ill-disciplined mess again! Aaron Donald having the flounce of the year in week one!

They traded virtually their entire draft class for a guy sat watching on the sidelines while Case Keenum leads THAT offensive performance. Chip Kelly and his four plays just had their way with the defense.

No doubt they'll turn it on next week for their annual Super Bowl -- but that was absolutely hilarious. All that bluster during Hard Knocks, all that angry swearing and "no more 7-9 BS". It all came together to produce the biggest turd in the punch bowl that is opening weekend.

Quick! Is that contract extension still on the cards for Fisher and Snead? Get it signed!

:lol:

I think as a sports fan, that when my team in any sport is good, I would be embarrassed to act like you.

Largent80

Reaction score
After watching Grudens QB show before the draft I was certain that Wentz was the best QB in the draft, but for some unimaginable reason the Rams chose Goff and paid a huge price to do so.

I guess it will end up being good for the Hawks, so thanks Rams.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
I didn't think an offense could look worse than the Seahawks an Dolphins but man the Rams take the cake.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RedAlice":1b7xsm00 said:
davidonmi":1b7xsm00 said:
get ready for a lot of gimmicks and cheap shots that they've saved to use against us

Honestly, last years games had no gimmicks. One thing I hate is when Hawk fans cannot even admit when Rams have beaten them straight up.

Last year's games had no gimmicks, a rarity.

But what we noticed, was the Rams playing poorly in most other contests, but going balls to the wall against Seattle.

Hence, your teams douche bag celebrations after last season's meaningless late season win.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
RedAlice":2j2fh4o9 said:
I think as a sports fan, that when my team in any sport is good, I would be embarrassed to act like you.

I feel bad for your fans as I generally like most Rams fans I meet, but I'm glad your franchise is wallowing because I think your head coach and DC are scumbags.

Is that fair?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3q7yw13g said:
ZagHawk":3q7yw13g said:
I hate the Rams...so, so much. Seriously they are like the biggest garbage team EVER when they play every other team in the league. Then suddenly when they play the Hawks they are like SB contenders.

Very true indeed.

I wonder if the reason we struggle against them is they gear up for us, out gimmick us, outcoach us or is it PC's system that so rarely allows us to blow teams out. We play down to every single opponent and then it comes down to a roll of the dice and chance plays if we win or not...and some dirty Fisher moves of course!
I think the reason is personnel.

The Seahawks beat teams into the ground. They are probably the most physical team in the NFL. Well the Rams are one of only a couple other teams that can be just as physically dominant, at least on the defensive side.

Now, what does it take to slow down Wilson? A defensive line that can not only beat offensive linemen, but who are agile enough to contain Wilson. The Rams have that. Few other teams do.

And as far as going against Seattle's defense, really the only soft spot in their coverage is usually in the flats. The Rams pass to the flats more than any team except maybe Seattle (although I think the Rams do it more).

Add in the Rams usual special teams advantage, and there's your formula.

1. Physical
2. Scheme
3. Special teams.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":3rxql3xd said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3rxql3xd said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

WHAT WAS THAT!?!?! :lol:

28-0 against the Niners! The Rams an ill-disciplined mess again! Aaron Donald having the flounce of the year in week one!

They traded virtually their entire draft class for a guy sat watching on the sidelines while Case Keenum leads THAT offensive performance. Chip Kelly and his four plays just had their way with the defense.

No doubt they'll turn it on next week for their annual Super Bowl -- but that was absolutely hilarious. All that bluster during Hard Knocks, all that angry swearing and "no more 7-9 BS". It all came together to produce the biggest turd in the punch bowl that is opening weekend.

Quick! Is that contract extension still on the cards for Fisher and Snead? Get it signed!

:lol:

LINK: http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/us ... -4bc2e.png

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I woke up yesterday morning glad we'd start with a game up on Arizona. But fearful that there was a real possibility we'd be looking up at a 2-0 Rams team that finally put it all together after week two.

Damn I'm stupid.

While no team is as good or bad as they can sometimes appear -- that was brutal.

I will say this though. If we sit back in our zones, keep everything in front of us, and try to avoid the big play, LA will get confidence and comfortable. Keenum's ability is going to be enough on it's own to avoid the big play. I hope we lock up on these guys and play in the -2 to 5 yards from LOS zone. That's about the only place Keenum can deliver.

Stack the box just like SF. And if they don't run, then the run blitz becomes a pass blitz. Pressure him all day and rely on Sherman, Thomas and Shead to keep downfield shots at a minimum. I hope we tailor our defense to this team because they are really one dimensional.

LA really seems to be struggling against the run. In particular the power run. Stretch zones seem to be the kind of run plays they can defend best.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Couple things. Rams fan thanks for hanging out. You can't be mad that hawks fans call you guys gimmicky. In the Fisher/PC years, how many games have been won by the rams in large part to some trickeration on ST? Fake punts, Crazy mis direction returns. Amendola sneaking on to the field for a fg etc. Just own it. Your coach gets tricky with ST.

Also, we're not "not giving" them credit. Rams matchup well against hawks, it's always a low scoring slug fest, where one or two plays can change the game...

xgeoff

Reaction score
RedAlice":poyyb8oq said:
ZagHawk":poyyb8oq said:
I hate the Rams...so, so much. Seriously they are like the biggest garbage team EVER when they play every other team in the league. Then suddenly when they play the Hawks they are like SB contenders.

I will say this.

Given the way the Rams played the Niners tonight. If the Hawks cannot beat them next week: well, that is on the Hawks.

Rams played worse than any other of the 32 teams in the entire NFL.

So, you will have no blame except yourself if you lose to the Rams next week.

I think we all acknowledge that we lose to you guys all the time. We just don't understand why you play so shitty against the rest of the league. Your team literally looks like world beaters when you play the Hawks. We. Just. Don't. Get. It.

And it looks like you guys picked the wrong QB. Wentz looks good, is starting and playing well. Frankly I think Mannion looks better than Goff. At the very least Goff is no better than Mannion, so you really didn't have to give up all that draft capital. Imagine if you had picked up another O-lineman to block for Gurley. You guys should be calling for the heads of Fisher and Snead. Like Bruce Arians says, there's a reason you guys end up as a middling .500 team.

But, oh well, it's better for us if you keep Fisher and Snead, cause you'll keep picking Goff's instead of Wentz's, and you'll be 8-8 and miss the playoffs, despite all the talent you have.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Gotta say after watching hard knocks. I said out loud about 5 times last night "That was some 7 and 9 bullsh$#" lol

randomation

Reaction score
RedAlice":2yx4xpsz said:
West TX Hawk":2yx4xpsz said:
ZagHawk":2yx4xpsz said:

Very true indeed.

I wonder if the reason we struggle against them is they gear up for us, out gimmick us, outcoach us or is it PC's system that so rarely allows us to blow teams out. We play down to every single opponent and then it comes down to a roll of the dice and chance plays if we win or not...and some dirty Fisher moves of course!

Stop with all Rams wins are dirty against the Hawks.

There are very recent straight up wins. However, if you can't beat the team that showed up tonight, then that is on the Hawks.

Rams have Gregg Williams as DC they are dirty get over it.

davidonmi

Reaction score
RedAlice":1dnj0nco said:
davidonmi":1dnj0nco said:
get ready for a lot of gimmicks and cheap shots that they've saved to use against us

Honestly, last years games had no gimmicks. One thing I hate is when Hawk fans cannot even admit when Rams have beaten them straight up.

last year no.
Before then, the rams were always ready to pull out all the stops to beat the seahawks, fake punts, double reverses, etc.

I don't buy into the "this is their SB" often because it isn't true. it absolutely is with the rams, I've never seen a team celebrate a win that got them to 7-8 as much as the rams did last year. Followed by not even showing up at SF. They did the same at arizona before getting blown out by Jay Cutler at home 2 weeks later.

davidonmi

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1fw7at6t said:
Couple things. Rams fan thanks for hanging out. You can't be mad that hawks fans call you guys gimmicky. In the Fisher/PC years, how many games have been won by the rams in large part to some trickeration on ST? Fake punts, Crazy mis direction returns. Amendola sneaking on to the field for a fg etc. Just own it. Your coach gets tricky with ST.

Also, we're not "not giving" them credit. Rams matchup well against hawks, it's always a low scoring slug fest, where one or two plays can change the game...
didn't even remember that one.
Again Alice, much respect and I'm not gonna make fun of any fans who sat through that. But I don't like your team. Not even in a rivalry sense like a used to hate the 49ers, but I respected them. I don't like nor respect the rams.
Your coach makes a living off of impressing the media and his overlords against us (and any other division opponent who's good) and then not even bothering to show up against anyone else. Jeff Fisher is a joke. And the guy he hired as DC shows his true colors

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Is it any wonder the Rams played like crap?

Look at the way their coaches handle their business. Endless abuse, swearing, macho BS. Do you think that's how Ron Rivera runs his team? Or Belichick? We know that's not what they do in Seattle. Can you imagine Kris Richard, Dan Quinn or Gus Bradley conducting themselves the way Williams does?

They're stuck in the last century.

And yeah, they'll turn up on Sunday for their Super Bowl. Good for them. It could be one of their 5-6 wins this year. Good job.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":mdmh25ve said:
Is it any wonder the Rams played like crap?

Look at the way their coaches handle their business. Endless abuse, swearing, macho BS. Do you think that's how Ron Rivera runs his team? Or Belichick? We know that's not what they do in Seattle. Can you imagine Kris Richard, Dan Quinn or Gus Bradley conducting themselves the way Williams does?

They're stuck in the last century.

And yeah, they'll turn up on Sunday for their Super Bowl. Good for them. It could be one of their 5-6 wins this year. Good job.
Mike Singletary did something similar in San Francisco. No profanity, but it was the same macho 1980s BS. How did that macho BS serve Singletary's Bears in the 80s when the "finesse" 49ers won 4 Super Bowls?

One thing I like about Pete Carroll is he lets his players be who they are, and he's pretty easy going. Granted, a coach can be a tightass and win (see Tom Coughlin), but he didn't win with that macho BS. His tightness was about discipline, not about proving how much of a man he was. Harbaugh had something similar too. He had his "be a man" aspect, but it was always about (insane) competition, not about strutting and posturing. You're more likely to win with that than 1980s "look at how tough I am in my sunglasses" crap. Belicheat is all about absolutely no BS, but it's about football 100% of the time.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
That was the most embarrassingly awful game I've ever seen.

Best case scenario for the Niners, our rosters are even talent-wise. Jeff Fisher got absolutely outclassed and I am 100% done with him. Wanted him fired at halftime for the way this team came out.

I thought this year would be tough with the move and all that, but I never expected to lose this badly to the Niners.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":8h3xmzm2 said:

Best case scenario for the Niners, our rosters are even talent-wise. Jeff Fisher got absolutely outclassed and I am 100% done with him. Wanted him fired at halftime for the way this team came out.

I thought this year would be tough with the move and all that, but I never expected to lose this badly to the Niners.

Fisher should have been fired last year before the move to LA.

New city, start fresh with a new coach and new energy towards the future with your new QB. But no, let's give the dude who's never been more than mediocre for the past decade a contract extension with his staff right out of 1965 that has no idea how to coach young players anymore.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38lnnqvw said:
Ramfan128":38lnnqvw said:

Fisher should have been fired last year before the move to LA.

New city, start fresh with a new coach and new energy towards the future with your new QB. But no, let's give the dude who's never been more than mediocre for the past decade a contract extension with his staff right out of 1965 that has no idea how to coach young players anymore.

Agreed, although this season was going to be lost anyways. It's absolutely insane when you consider the combination of the effort needed to get us to this point, exposing us to Hardknocks and then the travel schedule we will have. I think we're traveling something like 30,000+ miles.

Luckily he is in the last year of his contract and I can't see it being renewed.

Most Rams fans are going to point to the offense, but I was almost more irritated with the defense. I don't care where the Niners drives started, you don't give up 28 points to Blaine Gabbert.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":frwsfrc8 said:
Most Rams fans are going to point to the offense, but I was almost more irritated with the defense. I don't care where the Niners drives started, you don't give up 28 points to Blaine Gabbert.

But again, this is a product of how Fisher and Williams coach..............to be fake bullies more worried about after the whistle blows nonsense than playing disciplined sound defense.

So when things aren't working, players lose their composure like Donald did, it's happened over and over throughout the Fisher/Williams era. When you coach negatively, your players will respond negatively.