Rams look like garbage

chris98251

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":322xxl40 said:
Is it any wonder the Rams played like crap?

Look at the way their coaches handle their business. Endless abuse, swearing, macho BS. Do you think that's how Ron Rivera runs his team? Or Belichick? We know that's not what they do in Seattle. Can you imagine Kris Richard, Dan Quinn or Gus Bradley conducting themselves the way Williams does?

They're stuck in the last century.

And yeah, they'll turn up on Sunday for their Super Bowl. Good for them. It could be one of their 5-6 wins this year. Good job.

We have an assistant Head Coach that punched another coach in the face, I don't think the Seahawks are Choir Boys.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1vdun539 said:
Sgt. Largent":1vdun539 said:
Ramfan128":1vdun539 said:
That was the most embarrassingly awful game I've ever seen.

Best case scenario for the Niners, our rosters are even talent-wise. Jeff Fisher got absolutely outclassed and I am 100% done with him. Wanted him fired at halftime for the way this team came out.

I thought this year would be tough with the move and all that, but I never expected to lose this badly to the Niners.

Fisher should have been fired last year before the move to LA.

New city, start fresh with a new coach and new energy towards the future with your new QB. But no, let's give the dude who's never been more than mediocre for the past decade a contract extension with his staff right out of 1965 that has no idea how to coach young players anymore.

Agreed, although this season was going to be lost anyways. It's absolutely insane when you consider the combination of the effort needed to get us to this point, exposing us to Hardknocks and then the travel schedule we will have. I think we're traveling something like 30,000+ miles.

Luckily he is in the last year of his contract and I can't see it being renewed.

Most Rams fans are going to point to the offense, but I was almost more irritated with the defense. I don't care where the Niners drives started, you don't give up 28 points to Blaine Gabbert.

I don't think this season had to be lost. The blame is 100% on Fisher, not the move, not anything else.

I wanted him fired at half-time as well. Anytime now is good, but we are probably stuck with him all season.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Rams did play poorly Monday night but Case Keenum and the Rams did beat the Seahawks at home last season. It was also toward the end of the season when the Seahawks were playing better. The Seahawks didn't play that well either against a hapless Dolphin team. They barely beat them and I'd say the Rams are better team on paper than the Dolphins are. Not going to be easy and if the Seahawks play like they did last Sunday, they could easily lose on Sunday.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":18zd6tmt said:
We have an assistant Head Coach that punched another coach in the face, I don't think the Seahawks are Choir Boys.

I almost forgot about Cable punching his assistant.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
hawkfan68":29hldxwr said:
The Rams did play poorly Monday night but Case Keenum and the Rams did beat the Seahawks at home last season. It was also toward the end of the season when the Seahawks were playing better. The Seahawks didn't play that well either against a hapless Dolphin team. They barely beat them and I'd say the Rams are better team on paper than the Dolphins are. Not going to be easy and if the Seahawks play like they did last Sunday, they could easily lose on Sunday.

Lol what.. the fins are much better... Better qb, o line, d lines are even.. better wide outs etc...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1dndajss said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1dndajss said:

Look at the way their coaches handle their business. Endless abuse, swearing, macho BS. Do you think that's how Ron Rivera runs his team? Or Belichick? We know that's not what they do in Seattle. Can you imagine Kris Richard, Dan Quinn or Gus Bradley conducting themselves the way Williams does?

And yeah, they'll turn up on Sunday for their Super Bowl. Good for them. It could be one of their 5-6 wins this year. Good job.

Yeah... and he lost his job and has since completely turned his life around.

A totally out of context comparison.

xgeoff

Reaction score
RedAlice":3nckw88u said:
...The blame is 100% on Fisher, not the move, not anything else.

I wanted him fired at half-time as well. Anytime now is good, but we are probably stuck with him all season.

I don't see Fisher going anywhere this season. IF the Rams have a really bad season (i.e. anything less than 8-8) than I think he will be on the chopping block at the end. But the patience that ownership has shown with this perennial loser just amazes me. And if the Rams recover and have a good season, he's going to be entrenched for a long time.

chris98251

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3q9duzjm said:
chris98251":3q9duzjm said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3q9duzjm said:

No it's not, I know people that played for him in High School as well and he is every bit of old school as anyone else, tough SOB that takes no shit from anyone, Ken Norton Jr was much the same way. Paint the rosey picture all you want but football is an aggressive spirited environment, in the heat of competition these guys are gladiators and their task masters are looking to push whatever button they can to get them to raise their game.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
You're having a laugh if you're trying to argue Tom Cable is still an old school coach.

As I said, he's changed his life around. He's lost a ton of weight, he's totally changed his approach.

Just listen to the way the players talk about how he handles them.

It's a waste of everyone's time to use a reformed Cable as any kind of counter to my point about the Rams.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1vgzjmvx said:
You're having a laugh if you're trying to argue Tom Cable is still an old school coach.

As I said, he's changed his life around. He's lost a ton of weight, he's totally changed his approach.

Just listen to the way the players talk about how he handles them.

It's a waste of everyone's time to use a reformed Cable as any kind of counter to my point about the Rams.

I agree with you. Cliff Avril was interviewed this week about if they watched hard knocks (they did) and how he'd handle getting screamed at like the rams Dline did by their coach. (hye wouldn't react well)

It's completely different locker room from Seattles approach

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Garry Gilliam was asked specifically about this too.

To paraphrase: "I wouldn't take to being yelled at. I just wouldn't respond to that in any way".

So yeah, Cable isn't yelling at his players like the Rams.

McGruff

Reaction score
chris98251":3fjzqqdj said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3fjzqqdj said:
chris98251":3fjzqqdj said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3fjzqqdj said:

No it's not, I know people that played for him in High School as well and he is every bit of old school as anyone else, tough SOB that takes no shit from anyone, Ken Norton Jr was much the same way. Paint the rosey picture all you want but football is an aggressive spirited environment, in the heat of competition these guys are gladiators and their task masters are looking to push whatever button they can to get them to raise their game.

Cable has been very transparent about the fact that Pete Carroll changed the way he coaches. He used to be the in your face, cuss and swear, belittle players into sub mission and batter them with fear type of coach. But he's bought into Petes positive approach to emphasizing strengths and building players up. It also happens to coincide with his physical tranformation, which is not unrelated.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
chris98251":2z0j3drt said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2z0j3drt said:

Perfect example between real tough guy and fake tough. How many times have you heard of Williams for Fisher actually punching someone?

Cable is a hard nose coach who was being undermined by an assistant that was put their by Crazy Al for the purpose of spying. I don't blame Cable for punching him.

pretty much the opposite of fake tough.