Rams to cover concrete in the Ed

Rex

Reaction score
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/3/9 ... l-injuries

The St. Louis Rams have informed the NFL that prior to their next game they want the concrete bordering their sidelines covered or changed, according to FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo. The Rams have also spoken to the city of St. Louis, which owns the Edward Jones Dome, about the issue.

The Rams, according to Garafolo, have made it clear that they plan on blanketing the concrete border with turf or some other surface prior to their next home game on Nov. 15 against the Chicago Bears.

"The organization, we have had discussions with the NFL league office and game ops department to see if there's something we can do," Rams head coach Fisher said Monday, via ESPN. "This is their deal. Player safety is of the utmost importance, so we don't want to have any issues. We're going to do whatever we need to do to make sure we don't have an issue with it."

This request comes on the heels of 49ers running back Reggie Bush tearing his MCL on Sunday after falling and bumping into the concrete border during the Rams' 27-6 win.

Bush was the second player in two weeks to leave a Rams game after running on the concrete. The previous Sunday, Browns quarterback Josh McCown collided with the wall and later left the game with a shoulder injury.

McCown was replaced by Johnny Manziel in the fourth quarter of the Rams' eventual 24-6 win.

The concrete surface has been part of the Edward Jones Dome since it was constructed in 1995.

Jville

Reaction score
It is a work place safety issue. I am surprised it had not been addressed. Certainly long overdue.

Years ago in Seattle, I recall a similar issue with the old Kingdome.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well they have not forced the 49ers to fix their sink holes, the Redskins to fix their landfill project, why would they make the Rams fix their concrete artifical turf.

Jville

Reaction score
Because, Missouri lawyers are push overs?

Where as ...... D.C. and California lawyers are a whole different animal.

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
chris98251":2yzk65de said:
Well they have not forced the 49ers to fix their sink holes, the Redskins to fix their landfill project, why would they make the Rams fix their concrete artifical turf.

The NFL isn't making anyone do anything. This is the Rams demanding from the city that the changes be made by the next home game. Of course the Rams had 20 years to complain about this before now......but now with Kroenke jumping on anything to claim the city isn't working with him.....now it is an issue. In 20 years the concrete hasn't changed....perhaps the cleats have changed? Regardless of the motives something should be done soon.

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
Jville":86qpojla said:
Because, Missouri lawyers are push overs?

Yeah sure. Good luck with that. :roll:

RedAlice

Reaction score
I like how even the concrete issue is somehow made into an issue with Kroenke. :lol: :lol: He probably made it more slippery after 20 years so he could blame it on St. Louis. ;)

Humor aside, good on the Rams for gettig it fixed.

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":3vt2vl7v said:
I like how even the concrete issue is somehow made into an issue with Kroenke. :lol: :lol: He probably made it more slippery after 20 years so he could blame it on St. Louis. ;)

Kroenke is doing his best to replace Don Denkinger on dartboards in St. Louis. :lol:

Laloosh

Reaction score
Can Bush sue them over the injury? Serious question.

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
Laloosh":3ijkt3b3 said:

No. At best workman's comp.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":34yrdxvr said:
RedAlice":34yrdxvr said:

Kroenke is doing his best to replace Don Denkinger on dartboards in St. Louis. :lol:

Do you want me to send you some more dart boards with pics of Kroenke? Stress release is good.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Laloosh":2134ojrj said:

I wonder who he would sue? Rams or the CVC (they run the stadium as part of the convention center, owned by St. Louis).

It could be fun!

But, no. I doubt the league would allow that. RG3 could have a field day of a law suit v DC. And, think of the liability in SF.....

Plus, it is a fact it has been this way for 20 years, and McCowen and Bush were the first two dummies to run into it and get hurt.

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":fa4qiwij said:
Rex":fa4qiwij said:
RedAlice":fa4qiwij said:

Do you want me to send you some more dart boards with pics of Kroenke? Stress release is good.

They will be a good seller. Denkinger ones are worn out. Still too early but some advance planning could corner the market. :lol:

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":ftrz5x9u said:
RedAlice":ftrz5x9u said:
Rex":ftrz5x9u said:
RedAlice":ftrz5x9u said:

They will be a good seller. Denkinger ones are worn out. Still too early but some advance planning could corner the market. :lol:

Actually, any kind of Kroenke based product that you could safely set on fire, maybe with some loud noise - that has potential as a great seller.

Or, they might want a snuggly Kroenke pillow. So hard to tell right now..... :179417:

Laloosh

Reaction score
RedAlice":u1ffvmmd said:
Laloosh":u1ffvmmd said:

I wonder who he would sue? Rams or the CVC (they run the stadium as part of the convention center, owned by St. Louis).

It could be fun!

But, no. I doubt the league would allow that. RG3 could have a field day of a law suit v DC. And, think of the liability in SF.....

Plus, it is a fact it has been this way for 20 years, and McCowen and Bush were the first two dummies to run into it and get hurt.

Nobody having sued over it doesn't mean that they can't. Might actually force the NFL's hand in making sure that the area around the playing field (as well as the field) are to a certain standard.

Threedee

Reaction score
Man, the Rams are really getting good at this!

☑ Palmer
☑ Stanton
☑ The Turf
☑ Bell

I don't even think they need Boba Fett. Oh, yeah, and half credit for Rapelissberger.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Threedee":3ayo8yyk said:

☑ Palmer
☑ Stanton
☑ The Turf
☑ Bell

I don't even think they need Boba Fett. Oh, yeah, and half credit for Rapelissberger.

Wait, you think that is "the list" of players the Rams have taken out???

Where is the belly laugh thingy? :lol: :lol:

eta: I always wish full health on all players and do not ever support wishing hurt on any player of any team ever.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Laloosh":1uxs7qkm said:
RedAlice":1uxs7qkm said:
Laloosh":1uxs7qkm said:

It could be fun!

Nobody having sued over it doesn't mean that they can't. Might actually force the NFL's hand in making sure that the area around the playing field (as well as the field) are to a certain standard.

I fully support Bush suing. It will be Rams to an extent, it will also be St. Louis who controls the Stadium. A lawsuit right now during the relocation issues could be awesome. Do it.

btw: me, Rex, Superman....we are all being very polite to each other right now on this board. Because we all love our Rams and you Hawk fans are great hosts to us Rams fans.

I sincerely find Rex to be a true Rams fan. He loves the Rams as much as I do, and he has my newfound respect on that. Only him.

On other boards....it's a full out war right now. No matter what name you choose on here, it's obvious who you are.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Threedee":nvb9jwcj said:

☑ Palmer
☑ Stanton
☑ The Turf
☑ Bell

I'm totally stealing the idea of using checkboxes like that. What's the ascii code on that? alt + ???

RedAlice

Reaction score
Laloosh":2mndxifg said:
Threedee":2mndxifg said:

☑ Palmer
☑ Stanton
☑ The Turf
☑ Bell

I'm totally stealing the idea of using checkboxes like that. What's the ascii code on that? alt + ???

Me too! How do I do that?