Rams v Packers

James in PA

Reaction score
14 point win for the Pack and it didn’t even feel that close. Green Bay’s O started to let up they dropped a sure TD. I’m happy in a way that the Rams got smacked but pissed that we cannot figure a team out that is nowhere near the best in the league. So much work to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kf3339

Reaction score
It was an entertaining game. Both teams with creative game plans and play calling. You could also see both teams countering each other's adjustments.

I don't think that happened in any Seahawk game all season. Oh well.

MO Hawk

Reaction score
kf3339":3hzjqr38 said:
You could also see both teams countering each other's adjustments. I don't think that happened in any Seahawk game all season. Oh well.

Yep

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
This game was discouraging to watch for 2 reasons

1. Seeing how much of a better o-line the Packers have. It's not close imo Weather it's talent, schemes they get more out of their front 5. I got to thinking our line is so much better than it was under the last couple of years with Cable I think I got lulled into thinking it was better than it was.

2. Creative play calling. I am not going to say that our WR are as good as Adams but when I look at plays like that TD on the goalie, I don't see how Lockett or Metcalf couldn't get open on concepts like that.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Packers just on another level compared to the Rams and Seahawks.

NJlargent

Reaction score
GB came out ready and took it to them. They have a good coach and props to them for making the move and getting rid of the dead weight coach they had. Very impressive

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It is bittersweet watching that game for a multitude of reasons. While the Packers clearly have a superior OL than we do, it was the scheming and play calling that I expected them to employ, just as I expected the Seahawks to employ, and hence, why Schotty is out of a job at the moment.

Run right at them, get the ball out QUICK, take what the D gives you, easy outlets, dump offs, whatever it takes to get positive yards even if it looks like death by a thousand paper cuts. Rodgers had precisely the same TDs in this game as Russell did (2). Yet they couldn't have looked more opposite.

Even though I earlier said I was rooting for the Packers to lose, I actually found my emotions leaning towards rooting for the Rams to lose. Their vaunted #1 defense just gave up over 500 yards of offense today. In the playoffs. Ouch.

Credit to Goff, I thought he played very well all things considered. Admire his toughness for sure. Rams D is still going to give us fits in the foreseeable future. I just pray McVay doesn't smarten up and snag a superior QB.

I hope the Saints win tomorrow and then beat Rodgers in his house next week in the NFCCG.

Saints / Bills SB, I've been calling it since we were bounced.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":32j65fxw said:
This game was discouraging to watch for 2 reasons

1. Seeing how much of a better o-line the Packers have. It's not close imo Weather it's talent, schemes they get more out of their front 5. I got to thinking our line is so much better than it was under the last couple of years with Cable I think I got lulled into thinking it was better than it was.

2. Creative play calling. I am not going to say that our WR are as good as Adams but when I look at plays like that TD on the goalie, I don't see how Lockett or Metcalf couldn't get open on concepts like that.

Packers have had strong OL throughout their history. John Schneider’s lineage is from GB but somehow he hasn’t been very successful in building the line here. I’m guessing that Pete doesn’t value the oline as much as the skill players. That is coming back to bite the Seahawks when having a strong oline matters in the playoffs.

hawk45

Reaction score
- Packer OL undeniably great. Dominant performance today.
- Packer OC stuck with the run as it was working, which we did not
- Offensive game plan overall was perfect, and not at all mind-blowing to anyone who had watched the Rams. Run the ball and get body blows in underneath until the Rams suck up to the line, then strike deep. The TD on Cover 0 was the epitome of this working to a tee.
- Rodgers decisiveness and execution short and intermediate just superior to what Russ has been showing. Rodgers looked in command from start to finish.
- Even when Rodgers had players in his face, he stood tall in the pocket, kept eyes downfield, and could see over the wash to pick up 3rd and longs all game long.

I also give the Rams credit. They stayed in the game, sticking with the run, and Goff was effective in spots.

Pete had to be sick to his stomach watching both the Packers and Rams come in with the game plan Pete is konwn for and wants to have, when Pete's own team wasn't smart enough to stick with the run. I expect the failure to stick with a run game that was effective played a non-trivial role in Schotty's firing, as that's a cardinals sin for any Pete Carroll team.

I could see Pete coming in to the interview saying hey no matter what we must agree on this: if Carson is averaging 4.8 and the team 4.1 on the ground, we should hand the ball off until it stops working. If Schotty pushed back on that at all, then he deserved what he got. The Packers and Rams both adhered to that game plan FFS. If Aaron Rodgers can be coaxed into accepting a run-heavy attack, there's no excuse for us not doing it with Russell I-survive-on-deep-shots Wilson.

The Packers rushed 36 times. And again, yes their OL is fantastic, but Carson averaged 4.8 vs the Rams.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Aros":5gtjs627 said:
It is bittersweet watching that game for a multitude of reasons. While the Packers clearly have a superior OL than we do, it was the scheming and play calling that I expected them to employ, just as I expected the Seahawks to employ, and hence, why Schotty is out of a job at the moment.

Run right at them, get the ball out QUICK, take what the D gives you, easy outlets, dump offs, whatever it takes to get positive yards even if it looks like death by a thousand paper cuts. Rodgers had precisely the same TDs in this game as Russell did (2). Yet they couldn't have looked more opposite.

Even though I earlier said I was rooting for the Packers to lose, I actually found my emotions leaning towards rooting for the Rams to lose. Their vaunted #1 defense just gave up over 500 yards of offense today. In the playoffs. Ouch.

Credit to Goff, I thought he played very well all things considered. Admire his toughness for sure. Rams D is still going to give us fits in the foreseeable future. I just pray McVay doesn't smarten up and snag a superior QB.

I hope the Saints win tomorrow and then beat Rodgers in his house next week in the NFCCG.

Saints / Bills SB, I've been calling it since we were bounced.

I would watch this. Anything but this, Naw man...I have wood to chop, Painting to do, Fishing that need to be had, Taking care of someone I have never met...the list goes on and on.....

hawk45

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":6w2435d9 said:
Just attrition baby. We weren't that good to play with the big boys. Next year, though, for sure. I hope.
Attrition?

Who were we missing on either side of the ball who would have been game changers?

Secondary was healthy, minus Dunbar but I think we all feel Reed was equal or better than what we were getting from him. LBs, DL healthy. Adams dinged up but that was self-inflicted by keeping him in a 4th quarter of a meaningless game.

Offensively we had everyone back including Carson. Some OL dings, but GB was missing their LT. Rams were missing Kupp and had a compromised Donald, and had a QB with a finger. Where exactly would we say attrition struck us harder than those teams?

We got healthy at the right time. We just had a poor game plan and poor execution, and a roster that was less talented overall in the trenches. By miles.

I don't see how anything is certain next year. If we pay 20m to Adams we commit to blitzing our SS and leaving LBs and DL on RBs and TEs. And we certainly won't have the cap to fix the DL, which is really where pass rush comes from on good defenses. I half hope we swallow our pride and use that 20 mil elsewhere.

Offensively we have the Carson conundrum and whatever Penny's health is. Don't see us bolstering the OL with 30+ mil tied up with Russ and 20 mil tied up with Adams. We have a big question mark at OC as well. Will OC number 4 thread the needle between Pete's approach and what Russ wants?

Today I saw a GB team better top to bottom, and a Rams team with a defense light years better than ours get handled by GB's OL and Rodgers. Tonight I'm seeing 2 defenses that are far better than ours go at it.

I don't count us out, but at the moment being the 2nd best team in the division isn't a given.

John63

Reaction score
kf3339":80a2mim4 said:
Polk738":80a2mim4 said:
kf3339":80a2mim4 said:
James in PA":80a2mim4 said:
So envious of the Packers’ offense. Moving up and down the field on these beeotch Rams and getting Donald frustrated. Must be nice.

Just shows you what happens when the coaches actually know how to game plan. Doesn't it?

GB has arguably the best OL in the league, while Seattle's is average at best-even the most perfect game plan probably wouldn't have mattered much when one guy can literally destroy your entire OL (Donald).

Sure, our line was the only problem. Okay.

No it was not the only problem buy it along with playcalling and scheme were the 3 biggest issues.

hawk45

Reaction score
John63":338d89ge said:
kf3339":338d89ge said:
Polk738":338d89ge said:
kf3339":338d89ge said:
Just shows you what happens when the coaches actually know how to game plan. Doesn't it?

GB has arguably the best OL in the league, while Seattle's is average at best-even the most perfect game plan probably wouldn't have mattered much when one guy can literally destroy your entire OL (Donald).

No it was not the only problem buy it along with playcalling and scheme were the 3 biggest issues.

I will absolutely dance with you on a good OL being crucial for how Pete wants to play, and also giving Russ throwing lanes like Brees. I don't see Russ being effective over the middle like Brees, but I won't sign in blood unless we put the horses up front to allow evaluation.

That said, the OL now, not nearly good as GB, is light years ahead of Cable lines and yet I still see the same issues out of Russ in pocket presence, lacking anticipation, and being hesitant to test windows over the middle when the replay shows the short hitches and crosses are open.

But Schotty should have recognized Russ's limitations there, and run the ball more instead of trying to force Russ into testing windows he doesn't like. Could have been the difference in the playoff game.

Polk738

Reaction score
kf3339":14i4cq1d said:
Polk738":14i4cq1d said:
kf3339":14i4cq1d said:
James in PA":14i4cq1d said:
So envious of the Packers’ offense. Moving up and down the field on these beeotch Rams and getting Donald frustrated. Must be nice.

Where did I say it was the "ONLY" problem? but obviously it was a big one when you watch the two games and compare

Latest posts