Rams vs. Giants (England)

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2qi6225a said:
FlyingGreg":2qi6225a said:
Lol...the damn Rams. Blow their wad vs us and suck against everyone else. Every year, same thing.

This is what they get for only getting up to play us.

Fisher needs to go. This team will never be ready for prime time with him.

And they need to get Goff in there. Can't do anything worse, might as well pop his cherry.

I could understand waiting on Goff, actually. He's pretty much set up for failure. That team has no offensive talent. Gurley hasn't had room to run and their best wideout is Kenny Britt.

True. But what do they have to lose at this point? Might as well get him some game action.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't get why the Rams get so much attention from this forum. They are not a threat to us in the playoff race. Yes we have to worry about them twice a year, but you can pretty much count on them for 6-8 wins a year. I treat them like the Niners, I don't even worry about them.

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkGA":1kkodpu3 said:
UK_Seahawk":1kkodpu3 said:
HawkGA":1kkodpu3 said:
Can somebody tell me why the NFL would take teams from the two biggest media markets and put them in London?

I mean, it probably does help the Rams with their scheduling issues for their home games until they get their own stadium, but damn!
The Rams would have played whoever came 3rd in the NFC East.

Doesn't mean they had to play them in London.

Yes it did for this year. It was agreed upon that whomever finished 3rd in the NFC East would play the Rams in London.

Kroenke agreed to 3 consecutive International games for 2016, 2017, and 2018. The 2018 game will be in Shanghai.

Kroenke thinks he is extending his brand to be a global brand. So far, Rams have lost both times in London in extremely humiliating ways, so we are globally known as horrible too I guess.

mrt144

Reaction score
RedAlice":1a2k58th said:
HawkGA":1a2k58th said:
UK_Seahawk":1a2k58th said:
HawkGA":1a2k58th said:
Can somebody tell me why the NFL would take teams from the two biggest media markets and put them in London?

I mean, it probably does help the Rams with their scheduling issues for their home games until they get their own stadium, but damn!

Yes it did for this year. It was agreed upon that whomever finished 3rd in the NFC East would play the Rams in London.

Kroenke agreed to 3 consecutive International games for 2016, 2017, and 2018. The 2018 game will be in Shanghai.

Kroenke thinks he is extending his brand to be a global brand. So far, Rams have lost both times in London in extremely humiliating ways, so we are globally known as horrible too I guess.

The Curse of Cortland

Overseasfan

Reaction score
HawkGA":2ldcbwci said:

If you want to bring in new fans a New York vs Los Angeles game sounds a lot more appealing than something like Jacksonville vs Kansas City.

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
I have just got home from the game.

Although it meant to be a Rams home game, most of the crowd myself included were rooting for the Giants. The Rams offence even false started due to crowd noise in what is meant to be their house.

It must be a pleasant surprise for the Rams fans to have a home stadium where you do not have to worry about being attacked inside or outside.

HawkGA

Reaction score
RedAlice":18pmpv3g said:
HawkGA":18pmpv3g said:
UK_Seahawk":18pmpv3g said:
HawkGA":18pmpv3g said:

Makes sense for when they were in St. Louis. Makes less sense now but if it was agreed to before, probably not a lot they can do about it. I mean, it's not like the NFL changes their mind will-nilly. :stirthepot:

HawkGA

Reaction score
RedAlice":11rh8aek said:
HawkGA":11rh8aek said:
UK_Seahawk":11rh8aek said:
HawkGA":11rh8aek said:

Fascinating they could get an entire division to go along with it knowing that one team would get screwed.

davidonmi

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3kf6huh9 said:
Lol...the damn Rams. Blow their wad vs us and suck against everyone else. Every year, same thing.

This is what they get for only getting up to play us.

Fisher needs to go. This team will never be ready for prime time with him.

And they need to get Goff in there. Can't do anything worse, might as well pop his cherry.
To be fair. It's us and the Cardinals. They play a 4 game season. Used to be the same way except it was us and the 49ers when they weren't god awful.

Oh and Bruce Arians was not wrong fisher. Maybe you should wait until you actually prove someone wrong before you start talking crap

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkGA":31q2gdu9 said:
RedAlice":31q2gdu9 said:
HawkGA":31q2gdu9 said:
UK_Seahawk":31q2gdu9 said:

Makes sense for when they were in St. Louis. Makes less sense now but if it was agreed to before, probably not a lot they can do about it. I mean, it's not like the NFL changes their mind will-nilly. :stirthepot:[/quote]

---

No, it was agreed to for the Los Angeles Rams. It was announced shortly after the relocation was approved and confirmed.

While in StL, Kroenke also made a 3 year agreement to play in London, and they played one game there v the Pats. But, the StL Dome whatever that runs that stadium protested the loss of the one home game each year, stating it violated the lease and so Kroenke had to cancel the other two.

This is planned for Los Angeles. As I said above, he wants to make this Rams brand global - that is part of his plan.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Good luck with that! Might want to start fielding a better product first.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Seahwkgal":289214u0 said:
Smelly McUgly":289214u0 said:
So yeah, if the Seahawks win tonight, the NFCW race is basically over.
Way too early for this assumption. We have some BRUTAL games coming up and tonight is no different.

Not at all.

It's OVAH if the Seahawks win. The Cards have to go on the road more often than not for the rest of the season, and let's be real, they're not that good.

All that we'll need to worry about is seeding. And I say this as someone who assumes the worst with this team ever since 49 and the worst play call in the history of the league.